Author Topic: Merging Ethereum and BitShares  (Read 10215 times)

Offline oco101

• View Profile
I don't mind they mention bitshares in a negative way,  let them  mention us where ever they can !!! Just be careful spelling/writing  it right guys ...  :)

bitshares
BitShares

both are accepted

PS @Newmine
a) I suggest you use our latest referral link ability
b)have you ever thought to campaign for  a  100% payrate delegate? (I am not joking )

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

60K for registration is a bit much. Besides, no one would vote for me for any reason. Ever.

In the meantime I am working on a "sharedrop" for those of us who didn't get millions handed to us.  ;)

Oh shit look we found Robin Hood !!!

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
I don't mind they mention bitshares in a negative way,  let them  mention us where ever they can !!! Just be careful spelling/writing  it right guys ...  :)

bitshares
BitShares

both are accepted

PS @Newmine
b)have you ever thought to campaign for  a  100% payrate delegate? (I am not joking )

60K for registration is a bit much. Besides, no one would vote for me for any reason. Ever.

In the meantime I am working on a "sharedrop" for those of us who didn't get millions handed to us.  ;)

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
What I don't understand is this demand to integrate technology that many don't fully understand, is still bleeding edge and untested, and also doesn't overlap with any of the current business objectives of your current ecosystem. Ethereum is totally different from Bitshares. Integrating it doesn't add value to your ecosystem, it just distracts the developers from building a STABLE CLIENT AND PROTOCOL as well as demonstrating your core value proposition (you know that BitUSD stuff) actually works and is ready for mainstream adoption.

There is a much better technology for chains seeking to add smart contract functionality namely codius. Also you should consider OT as you have an ample supply of delegates to run the tech. But by all means, like Kim Dotcom, go chase the hype at the expense of execution and credibility. The project has already blown 4 million dollars, why not another 4 or so?

If developers can be paid to do it why not do it? There is money to be spent through inflation so why not focus on integration as a side project? Two developers could probably do it with support.

Dude, you vastly underestimate what such an effort entails.  I'm with Charles on this one.  The focus of BitShares should be on what it does best - being the uses cases it was invented for.  STABLE CLIENT, STABLE PROTOCOL, and just as important, an ass kicking USER EXPERIENCE
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

bitshares
BitShares

both are accepted

PS @Newmine

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
What I don't understand is this demand to integrate technology that many don't fully understand, is still bleeding edge and untested, and also doesn't overlap with any of the current business objectives of your current ecosystem. Ethereum is totally different from Bitshares. Integrating it doesn't add value to your ecosystem, it just distracts the developers from building a STABLE CLIENT AND PROTOCOL as well as demonstrating your core value proposition (you know that BitUSD stuff) actually works and is ready for mainstream adoption.

There is a much better technology for chains seeking to add smart contract functionality namely codius. Also you should consider OT as you have an ample supply of delegates to run the tech. But by all means, like Kim Dotcom, go chase the hype at the expense of execution and credibility. The project has already blown 4 million dollars, why not another 4 or so?

If developers can be paid to do it why not do it? There is money to be spent through inflation so why not focus on integration as a side project? Two developers could probably do it with support.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Using delegates as codius oracles is actually really strong. To get the website/dapp functionality we might be able to use swarm and whisper directly as well, since it isnt designed to be specific to ethereum.

Offline testz

Newmine's next post on bitcointalk will probably now be "Greedy Bitshares Devs want to merge with Ethereum".  :P

No it was, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=918505.0

'BitShares community proposes Ethereum merger realising they aren't good enough.'  :P

His posts are so over the top, I find them pretty entertaining.

LOL  :)
We should elect Newmine as cross post delegate.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Newmine's next post on bitcointalk will probably now be "Greedy Bitshares Devs want to merge with Ethereum".  :P

No it was, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=918505.0

'BitShares community proposes Ethereum merger realising they aren't good enough.'  :P

His posts are so over the top, I find them pretty entertaining.

charleshoskinson

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
This is actually a good idea. How about a merger delegate team? Anyone who supports the merger could vote for the delegate team. The delegate team will then hire the developers necessary to make it happen.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Oh look, Newmine made a post linking to this.  "Bitshares Community proposes Ethereum merger realizing they arent good enough".

Lol.
Lol. Only because you didn't like the reddit link, which was not me by the way.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Oh look, Newmine made a post linking to this.  "Bitshares Community proposes Ethereum merger realizing they arent good enough".

Lol.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
One of our biggest assets is our creative agility.
Merging with any other big community (whether Overstock, or Ethereum, or Disney) would destroy that.

Or enhance it. It depends on how the other community looks at the merger and whether both sides see synergy. A brave idea but limited by people.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
Every delegate could run a codius node as well and have a market for smart contract computation. It's one of the advantages that bitshares has thanks to DPOS. You have service providers that can extend the protocol.

Yup!

charleshoskinson

Every delegate could run a codius node as well and have a market for smart contract computation. It's one of the advantages that bitshares has thanks to DPOS. You have service providers that can extend the protocol.