Author Topic: Delegate Hangout #3 w/ RgCrypto 8:30pm (Tonight) EST  (Read 3176 times)

Offline fuzzy

FYI you might want to save them as .ogg files.  I think everyone should be able to listen and you'll get some decent compression.

Yeh it has come to my attention that .ogg files are not the best files for audio quality...so I suppose it is up to everyone whether they want high quality or high compression because apparently we cannot have both. :/

I'm not sure how many people care about sound quality for something like a radio show that doesn't have professional sound going in.  It just means that you download 30 megs instead of 250 megs if you're going to dl the raw ones.  Not a big deal really, just a suggestion.

I just heard this from the editors who are going to be working on editing our hangouts and polishing them to be more like "radio show" quality.  Editing is what makes it radio quality so I try to listen to them because although some people in the community just want to listen to the raw content for their own information gathering purposes, others want to have a more polished and less "chip-munky" sound so they can use it as a more professional sounding "show" that can be propagated outside our community. 

Really starting to aim for providing both.  I really enjoyed hearing Rg's perspective. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
Bummed i missed this, but really glad for the audio!  :D

Offline gamey

• View Profile

FYI you might want to save them as .ogg files.  I think everyone should be able to listen and you'll get some decent compression.

Yeh it has come to my attention that .ogg files are not the best files for audio quality...so I suppose it is up to everyone whether they want high quality or high compression because apparently we cannot have both. :/

I'm not sure how many people care about sound quality for something like a radio show that doesn't have professional sound going in.  It just means that you download 30 megs instead of 250 megs if you're going to dl the raw ones.  Not a big deal really, just a suggestion.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline fuzzy

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

Thanks guys for letting me know this wasn't clear enough.  I assumed when I probably shouldnt have :)

« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 01:02:13 am by fuzzy »

Offline onceuponatime

BitShares Delegate Hangout w/ RgCrypto tonight @ 8:30EST https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13449.new#new … Join us on Mumble and Report Live! #hiredbytheblockchain

Offline mira

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

Follow the twitter: @Beyond_Bitcoin and rt RgCrypto's Hangout Tweet  w/ #hiredbytheblockchain

For updates on upcoming events, attend, record and report live from our Mumble Server!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 01:03:58 am by fuzzy »