Author Topic: BM, please confirm the distribution of 2.93 million bts for DNSer from btc38  (Read 2323 times)

Offline skywalker861

• View Profile
Mr Huang has admitted there maybe some mistakes in calculating the ratio. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13529.0   I believe it will be solved quite soon. Thanks for your attention!

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I don't think redistribution is really a tough thing when considering the ratio is unfair and most of BTS is frozen. If it is indeed and unchangeable. Just tell us how many bts have been distributed and how many left. In addition ,the distribute list is also need. The left can be distribution according to the loss  in the process of emerging for holding the DNS in RMB or USD. This is not a tough thing for btc38.

If this is what you want, you should ask btc38 to send out parts of their BTS. I'd support it and recommend that they do so.

We won't keep changing the allocation every time someone brings a unique perspective on why it's unfair. We can't keep making breaking changes to the allocation, especially not for only ~$30k split among hundreds of people.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline skywalker861

• View Profile
I don't think redistribution is really a tough thing when considering the ratio is unfair and most of BTS is frozen. If it is indeed and unchangeable. Just tell us how many bts have been distributed and how many left. In addition ,the distribute list is also need. The left can be distribution according to the loss  in the process of emerging for holding the DNS in RMB or USD. This is not a tough thing for btc38.

Offline toast

• View Profile
The GIFT is just for someone who suffered the loss from the merge plan rather than platform,right? I can't agree any more that everyone are getting more and there is no way to make everyone satisfy, But I am not sure most of us will feel happy when the majority of pre-collapse bonus remain in btc38 just because of a extra-denominator-added  ratio.

Is there a solution which doesn't involve redistribution? btc38 already announced how much BTS per DNS people get. Maybe you can ask them to use those BTS for promotion instead? Then other people will feel robbed.

Again if you have suggestions I am all ears.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline skywalker861

• View Profile
The GIFT is just for someone who suffered the loss from the merge plan rather than platform,right? I can't agree any more that everyone are getting more and there is no way to make everyone satisfy, But I am not sure most of us will feel happy when the majority of pre-collapse bonus remain in btc38 just because of a extra-denominator-added  ratio.

Offline toast

• View Profile
I can confirm that it is almost definitely not fair at all.

But the good news is nobody is getting LESS and maybe some people are getting MORE since the whole thing was a GIFT. Do you have a suggestion for an alternate way btc38 should distribute the BTS?

Offline skywalker861

• View Profile
You misunderstood me. I know anyone withdrew to their wallet should only get the "pre-collapse bonus" from Dan. I just question about the ratio. When btc38 calculate the distribute ratio, they may add the amount of DNS withdrew out of btc38. They didn't show any evidence and I am not quite sure. What you can do is confirm the fairness of the ratio for us.

Offline toast

• View Profile
we didn't doubt the fairness about the compensation plan. We just question the compensation ratio and fairness in btc38. Is there any reason to distribute the bts for btc38 to someone withdrew bts from btc38 to personal wallet before the announcement?They told us that anyone withdrew dns from btc38 also got the bts.

Anyone who withdrew to their wallet should only get the "pre-collapse bonus" from Dan, they didn't get the normal snapshot component for the DNS in the exchange, which is the majority of the BTS drop.

Offline skywalker861

• View Profile
we didn't doubt the fairness about the compensation plan. We just question the compensation ratio and fairness in btc38. Is there any reason to distribute the bts for btc38 to someone withdrew bts from btc38 to personal wallet before the announcement?They told us that anyone withdrew dns from btc38 also got the bts. And I am not sure is this a fact or an excuse. Is there an evidence. They never reply to us.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 05:23:29 pm by skywalker861 »

Offline toast

• View Profile
The whole merger was "unjust" because dan fixed a price for DNS well below market value. There is no fair way to fix anything related to the merger. Exchanges were told "if this is too hard for you to manage, just keep it." They deserve it IMO for dealing with our BS. You're free to send the BTS back to dan.

Anyway, we asked exchanges to estimate how much "pre-collapse claimed DNS" they had, which gave this:

Code: [Select]
[
    {
        "name": "btc38",
        "address": "PsEyVuDu62DGsgeNA3B5JKVeRXppDv8Tqh",
        "proportion": 1370646403
    },
    {
        "name": "bter",
        "address": "PsLLgqFrUkZxDYhHZsqakzkeKHkSXoxgs3",
        "proportion": 194387940
    },
    {
        "name": "yunbi",
        "address": "PaKMFRBcRV3qE7zcw2zwHwoYWfznCQcB8N",
        "proportion": 14069273
    },
    {
        "name": "poloniex",
        "address": "PYPRBebKv2X5Var51CVr9aHbk17mUk1uET",
        "proportion": 1295822
    }
]

Then I took the "total claimed" and estimated that exchanges held 2/3rds of this based on the info they gave. You can see the details in the script:
https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/blob/master/snapshots/build_sharedrop.py

Anyway, I'm really sorry, and BM probably is too.

Offline skywalker861

• View Profile
You are generously sent your bts  got from DNS  to all of the DNS holder. However ,here are some disputes when your 2.93 million bts were distributed  in btc38.  They said they distributed the bts according to 0.0015 bts per dns, which means when you were announcing the compensation there were 2 billion DNS in btc38. Ironically, the total amount is only 2 billion at that time.Many DNS holder questioned about this: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13529.0, So please confirm some details about the distribution for us. If it was a unjust one, we would prefer you can take  your bts back, rather than fatten someone and bring instabilities for the market .
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 05:01:42 pm by skywalker861 »