Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Litecoin up 30% today, Coinbase adding Litecoin tomorrow?  (Read 989 times)

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
BTSX TipMe: bluebit

Offline robrigo

Re: Litecoin up 30% today, Coinbase adding Litecoin tomorrow?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 06:40:14 PM »
My stab in the dark is that they are integrating with bitshares as a gateway. I personally don't think they are adding LTC but who knows. What value would it bring to their platform? All I can think of is more fees collected via LTC traders using Coinbase.

*waits for BTS price to rise 30%*

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 06:48:24 PM »
BitShares would be up way more than 30% if that were the case... unfortunately, I doubt this is what's happening.
BTS: boolean-julien

Offline toast

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 06:48:28 PM »
Stellar?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline nomoreheroes7

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 06:48:35 PM »
I'm pretty sure the whole Coinbase announcement thingy has pretty much nothing to do with litecoin. It will have something to do with bitcoin, hence the bitcoin flag on the moon.

I imagine the litecoin rise is a hell of a lot simpler -- it got oversold after many weeks of downtrend and now some big players are ready for a pump. Traders gonna trade.

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 06:49:03 PM »
Stellar?

This is what I think too.
BTS: boolean-julien

Offline robrigo

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 06:50:49 PM »
Stellar?

If it's any alt project this one would make the most sense with the announcement theme. Does Coinbase have any ties to Ripple?

Maybe they are pulling a Xapo and putting BTC wallets in space... i.e. their "Vault" functionality would be based on satellite harbored wallets.

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 07:06:06 PM »
Litecoin was pumped by a large pump and dump group. At least that's what I heard in the chat rooms.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline gamey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 07:47:17 PM »
Litecoin was pumped by a large pump and dump group. At least that's what I heard in the chat rooms.

Are these QQ chat rooms or IRC ?
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 07:48:07 PM »

Are these QQ chat rooms or IRC ?

Chat room in Poloniex.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 07:54:08 PM »
I'm pretty sure the whole Coinbase announcement thingy has pretty much nothing to do with litecoin. It will have something to do with bitcoin, hence the bitcoin flag on the moon.

I imagine the litecoin rise is a hell of a lot simpler -- it got oversold after many weeks of downtrend and now some big players are ready for a pump. Traders gonna trade.

This I'm sure is the most accurate.  Bear market bounces (short squeezes) are especially viscous and get bulls to buy in out of fear of being left behind.  This then allows the sellers to keep unloading at elevated levels and the bear market resumes.

My guess is litecoin is back at .006 btc by the end of feb.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 07:55:47 PM by lil_jay890 »

Tuck Fheman

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 07:54:27 PM »
This brings back memories ... "MtGox adding Litecoin tomorrow?" ... ahhh, those were the days.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015, 08:39:14 PM »
It's a big move. LTC has 30% inflation though, so if they're not consistently adding users they'll just start sliding down again even after a positive announcement.

Offline toast

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 08:41:51 PM »
Stellar?

If it's any alt project this one would make the most sense with the announcement theme. Does Coinbase have any ties to Ripple?

Maybe they are pulling a Xapo and putting BTC wallets in space... i.e. their "Vault" functionality would be based on satellite harbored wallets.

not sure about ties to ripple but I'm sure they have ties to Circle which backed stellar's team with $3m
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline edilliam

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2015, 09:25:12 PM »
That rocket sure is similar to the one in the Stellar logo.

Google+