Author Topic: Management/Implementation Delegate Proposal  (Read 5711 times)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I agree with op.. Markets demands some kind of management reporting to community.. Informational only.. Keeps track of project progress and updates website or something.. Maybe a roadmap with a checklist.. More of a product manager.. He may be in contact with project managers and devs to get status updates. It is alot ofq work

Ive used jira alot and asana a little bit.. With jira you have full suite of tools including project tracking bug issuing and build process tied to issues tasks and projects. Once a release build happens you get a release log automatically. The build system parses commit logs from git to link to issues.. Devs just referennce the jira issue in the commit.. Is our build system working anyway? We seem to be running from src files on github or releases on github..

I actually set it all up for my company.. So i can hook it all up.. Apps talk over oauth.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 07:20:35 am by jsidhu »
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
You can poll shareholders for responses to a question or proposals. If it was convenient for people to respond to poll questions in proportion to their shares, what questions would you ask?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
no firing power , no management .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline edilliam

This whole forum is about suggestions. Saying things should be done faster is the type of discussion that frankly has little value.  You need to find something and do it !

Yes.

We need something like http://ideascale.com/, or maybe we should actually use ideascale...  I'm not sure if the free version would be sufficient, but it's pretty fly and functionally pretty much what we need.

The most supported ideas would rise to the top and get claimed, and accomplished by whatever team or individual was able to.
Ideas which did not receive support would wither away due to inaction or obscurity.

@gamey - how is trello looking?

A BitShares org chart would be helpful so we can avoid duplicating efforts and understand the initiatives which are being worked on by the many different parties involved.

Forums are not really the best platform for coordinating action.

I have no opinion on Asana/Trello and do not have the time to evaluate them.  Rgcrypto uses trello elsewhere and liked it.  Cass has the opposite opinion and an existing project  management setup with Asana.  I will try to push us to a decision because indecision will be what killed the DAC but ultimately I have no opinion.  This likely needs its own discussion as this point.

I use Trello + workflowy together personally, because Trello boards can get messy with too much information. Haven't used Asana, so can't judge which is best. Heard Asana is good for managing teams though.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
This whole forum is about suggestions. Saying things should be done faster is the type of discussion that frankly has little value.  You need to find something and do it !

Yes.

We need something like http://ideascale.com/, or maybe we should actually use ideascale...  I'm not sure if the free version would be sufficient, but it's pretty fly and functionally pretty much what we need.

The most supported ideas would rise to the top and get claimed, and accomplished by whatever team or individual was able to.
Ideas which did not receive support would wither away due to inaction or obscurity.

A BitShares org chart would be helpful so we can avoid duplicating efforts and understand the initiatives which are being worked on by the many different parties involved.

I have no opinion on Asana/Trello and do not have the time to evaluate them.  Rgcrypto uses trello elsewhere and liked it.  Cass has the opposite opinion and an existing project  management setup with Asana.  I will try to push us to a decision because indecision will be what killed the DAC but ultimately I have no opinion.  This likely needs its own discussion as this point.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy

Yes.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

We need a place to put updates.  I still like some variation of wall burning then it cna be put on bitsharesblocks .  There are a few problems though .. burning is anonymous, and even if it isn't, a person might not have their delegate's keys available to make the update.  Having it all integrated into the blockchain would be very nice and give a nice air of authority to what we are doing.  It also makes it obvious those who are doing nothing.

I think a wiki format would be ideal. Directory of all current 101 delegates and past delegates that fell away. Each have their own page telling their history and their story. Delegates would have to keep a standardized timetable of reporting on the pages updated. Also maintain any other relevant information to what they are doing including links out to possible projects they are working on in relation.

I would be willing to setup a wiki for this purpose for everyone, however, your idea about the burn using the blockchain like you said makes sense... but if it comes to that perhaps if that new feature gets implemented it can have a feed with it so that it can be exported to be part of their wiki information.

Sound good? Other suggestions?

Wiki works but I don't know why you'd want such an unstructured approach to the data.  It makes it hard to manage the updates.  I would like to see  updates sorted by date so we can see those who haven't been around etc. I also like the idea of short updates so we can feed some of it into twitter and maybe push out some interesting tweets.

I am all for structured data.. just can't think of anything out of the box that would accomplish that though.

Microblogging sounds like what you are suggesting.. could use Status.net self-hosted and push out updates to twitter as well if necessary

We are planning a delegate launch and part of our strategy for management will be having a subdomain website setup to mirror our delegates name and will publish the URL in our details. There we will post updates and link it to all our social platforms. (G+ Twitter Linkedin Facebook).

I think if all delegates were to follow this same standard, BitShares would have their marketing taken care of.

Note I said ALL delegates, not just the 100%ers. I think if this became a standard for getting voted in, it would make it easy for members to follow them, would enhance the reach of the BitShares brand, and hey.. wouldn't hurt for whatever else the delegate is doing in their project in support of BitShares.

If all the delegates somehow can setup servers but don't know how to setup a website (whut?), then it seems a Multi User Wordpress site with domain support would do the trick. You can sort by dates with that.. and the main site can have a feed of all delegate sites.

Does that make sense?

Micro-blogging sounds close.  I don't know about expecting 3% delegates to give updates etc.  I'm not a big fan of pushing much management upon people but we are coming across a problem where things that are critical ... yet nothing is really being done because there is no one to do them.  The update site is one of them.  There are a few delegates I am concerned about.

Maybe thats the better approach?  Work from people complaining.. but then that doesn't generate positive marketing materials. I really don't know what the best software solution is.  A lot of that is determined by the skill set of the person creating the website.

I'm not the one to make the decision and there is the other problem.. I'm not sure who is at this point.  One thing i know is that creating things that don't have community support and then expecting things out of people can often to lead unmet expectations.  I'd say go for it  ... Fuz is making some sort of site.  You might want to discuss it with him a bit as he was looking at a wordpress site.

DOH! Soon as you said that I remembered that from long ago. Though I have no idea on its status. Been a long time since I heard anything about it. He might be able to tell more here on it if he likes.

I understand what you mean about community support etc. Sounds like if something serious is to be done a new thread should be created to gather some consensus and move on.

I understand the 3%ers not wanting to.. but even they have some pretty important projects that are worth being in the mix. Many of them already do the updates here in forums anyways.

I think before I do anything I need to hear from the teenagecheese to make sure it will make him happy.

Cheeser? Thoughts?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline gamey

• View Profile
We need a place to put updates.  I still like some variation of wall burning then it cna be put on bitsharesblocks .  There are a few problems though .. burning is anonymous, and even if it isn't, a person might not have their delegate's keys available to make the update.  Having it all integrated into the blockchain would be very nice and give a nice air of authority to what we are doing.  It also makes it obvious those who are doing nothing.

I think a wiki format would be ideal. Directory of all current 101 delegates and past delegates that fell away. Each have their own page telling their history and their story. Delegates would have to keep a standardized timetable of reporting on the pages updated. Also maintain any other relevant information to what they are doing including links out to possible projects they are working on in relation.

I would be willing to setup a wiki for this purpose for everyone, however, your idea about the burn using the blockchain like you said makes sense... but if it comes to that perhaps if that new feature gets implemented it can have a feed with it so that it can be exported to be part of their wiki information.

Wiki works but I don't know why you'd want such an unstructured approach to the data.  It makes it hard to manage the updates.  I would like to see  updates sorted by date so we can see those who haven't been around etc. I also like the idea of short updates so we can feed some of it into twitter and maybe push out some interesting tweets.

I am all for structured data.. just can't think of anything out of the box that would accomplish that though.

Microblogging sounds like what you are suggesting.. could use Status.net self-hosted and push out updates to twitter as well if necessary

We are planning a delegate launch and part of our strategy for management will be having a subdomain website setup to mirror our delegates name and will publish the URL in our details. There we will post updates and link it to all our social platforms. (G+ Twitter Linkedin Facebook).

I think if all delegates were to follow this same standard, BitShares would have their marketing taken care of.

Note I said ALL delegates, not just the 100%ers. I think if this became a standard for getting voted in, it would make it easy for members to follow them, would enhance the reach of the BitShares brand, and hey.. wouldn't hurt for whatever else the delegate is doing in their project in support of BitShares.

If all the delegates somehow can setup servers but don't know how to setup a website (whut?), then it seems a Multi User Wordpress site with domain support would do the trick. You can sort by dates with that.. and the main site can have a feed of all delegate sites.

Does that make sense?

Micro-blogging sounds close.  I don't know about expecting 3% delegates to give updates etc.  I'm not a big fan of pushing much management upon people but we are coming across a problem where things that are critical ... yet nothing is really being done because there is no one to do them.  The update site is one of them.  There are a few delegates I am concerned about.

Maybe thats the better approach?  Work from people complaining.. but then that doesn't generate positive marketing materials. I really don't know what the best software solution is.  A lot of that is determined by the skill set of the person creating the website.

I'm not the one to make the decision and there is the other problem.. I'm not sure who is at this point.  One thing i know is that creating things that don't have community support and then expecting things out of people can often to lead unmet expectations.  I'd say go for it  ... Fuz is making some sort of site.  You might want to discuss it with him a bit as he was looking at a wordpress site.

Everyone, many of your answers to me are phrased as if I do not understand and am being ridiculous. You are acting as if this system is working perfectly and everything is getting done great. It is not doing that well though, barely anyone votes and many things are not getting done. I want to improve this mechanism.

I know it's supposed to be a decentralized system where bad delegates are voted out. I want it to be decentralized. Bitshares is a great basic concept, that is why I am here.

Stop taking my use of the word "management" so literally. Start assuming everything I suggest is supposed to fit within the decentralized framework of bitshares. We will make a lot more progress that way. If I have to literally type out everything I think in specific detail to make my point it would take too long. Work with me here, stop assuming all the negative possible intentions of my suggestions and instead assume the positive.

I am trying to find a find a way to improve bitshares. Help me.

Gamey and I have been engaged in discussing solutions. You are welcome to join in since you say you are eager to want to find ways to improve. Look at my last post.. suggestions?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Does that make sense?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I agree with teenagecheese's overall sentiment here, and not sure why people seem to be jumping down his throat. He's absolutely right the the current system flat out doesn't seem to be working, and appears to have some terrible inefficiencies at doing what it's supposed to do best -- incentivising shit to get done.

While another delegate may not be the right answer, the discussion to arrive at an answer is what's important. Because right now, shit stinks.

What exactly stinks?  You want the software development done faster?  Everyone does.  You're not swapping out developers and you're not firing them at this point.  Marketing?  Well.. we can ask rgcrypto to work harder.. and other paid delegates.  This whole forum is about suggestions. Saying things should be done faster is the type of discussion that frankly has little value.  You need to find something and do it !

I am quite confident the developers will be able to bring to us a fully functioning ecosystem with some of the better features of any crypto-currency.  Now will the network effect take off and start growing our market cap?  Perhaps.. but right not we don't have the value in the product.

It might be that we get it finished up .. then we have to work on merchants.  Right now we don't have a product most merchants would receive value from.  If you know of a way to get more developers on bottlenecks from delegate pay, then tell us.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 01:28:16 am by gamey »

Offline edilliam

I think it's just a difference of perspective, some of us may well be overly optimistic and some are realists, some are pessimists etc. I see all the amazing stuff we are achieving and have achieved and will achieve. Does "right now shit stink"? No I don't think so at all. Can we improve and do better? Absolutely! I think we all agree on that.

If you call a mother's baby ugly, don't be surprised when she strongly disagrees with you.  :D

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
Thank you. You understand. And I totally agree, it doesn't have to be another delegate. Just needs to be something. I should have come at this from another angle. The title should be: Help me figure out a way to improve bitshares, or something.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
I agree with teenagecheese's overall sentiment here, and not sure why people seem to be jumping down his throat. He's absolutely right the the current system flat out doesn't seem to be working, and appears to have some terrible inefficiencies at doing what it's supposed to do best -- incentivising shit to get done.

While another delegate may not be the right answer, the discussion to arrive at an answer is what's important. Because right now, shit stinks.