Author Topic: Irony is...  (Read 1726 times)

Offline btcxyzzz

• View Profile
Realised I will use console client because it works... Too bad I found out it exists just a few days ago.

Offline btcxyzzz

• View Profile
It says 'unaffected coins' - we don't know if BTS has been compromised.

Is there some block explorer which could maybe tell us if someone knows their "cold"/hot wallet BTS address?

sumantso

Join the club. I had given up on the client long back. While I still have the wallet, I couldn't trust to send to it as I didn't know whether it will work properly, but mostly as I couldn't check the balance with a block explorer. I kept reminding myself I need to withdraw, and was waiting for the Light wallet. I signed up and transferred some to Btc38 (around 6-7%), even though I was not too confident on the FB login.

It says 'unaffected coins' - we don't know if BTS has been compromised.

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
If they keep coin balances on their native chains you won't have lost anything.

Please would you explain that? I understand I've sent BTS to another address, and while it seems no BTS are stolen from them, they still control BTS and it's their good will they will return it.

As for QT wallet, it keeps on re-syncing and to be able to start it, I need to delete config.json file every time.

Similar thing discussed here. You can switch your region settings to english and it should work.

Offline btcxyzzz

• View Profile

Please would you explain that? I understand I've sent BTS to another address, and while it seems no BTS are stolen from them, they still control BTS and it's their good will they will return it.

As for QT wallet, it keeps on re-syncing and to be able to start it, I need to delete config.json file every time.

Offline Riverhead

Also, the Linux wallet works just fine. I have it running on a few different types of Linux machines from VM's to native isntalls. I'm not saying it's not without issues but it certainly is not unusable.

Offline btcxyzzz

• View Profile
Linux version of Bitshares QT wallet is so broken and buggy I was thinking it's safer too keep my coins on Bter. What a bad day.