If we fail to reach our budget the Moonstone Angular frontend will be released under the more restrictive GPL3 license which makes it impossible to use the code for for-profit reasons. The backend which makes the light client possible remains closed source. Nonetheless, the wallet will be released with the same number of delegates and whatever budget we got will be converted as planned with a 1:1 ratio.
How about the following?
If the 130,000 USD budget is not reached, you calculate the deficit D which acts as the principal for a loan with some interest r APR. You release the client with the 5 opt-out delegates under the GPL3 license and do not release the server code. Then any money collected by these delegates is used to pay off the principle + interest of the loan first, before
selling for the UIA at a 1:1 ratio. Once the loan is paid off, you re-license the client under the MIT license and you also release the server code under the MIT license. After the loan is paid off, any surplus income from the delegates is used to do the UIA buyback at the 1:1 ratio until all of the UIAs are destroyed. Then after those UIAs are completely destroyed, you retire the 5 delegates.
Another variation would be to require that the loan be paid off before some expiration time (say 2 years after the wallet is released) or else the license remains GPL3, the loan becomes void, and all income from the delegates goes toward the UIA buyback after that point until all of the UIAs are bought back and destroyed, at which point you retire the 5 delegates.
If this sounds reasonable to you, then we just need to see if we can find a compromise value of r that is acceptable to you but also does not damage the kickstarter by much due to the added risk.
Another variation that may be interesting is to adjust the UIAs paid per dollar as the funding campaign progresses. For example, the first $65,000 could offer 1.20 UIA/USD, the next $45,000 could offer 1.15 UIA/USD, and the last $20,000 could offer 1.10 UIA/USD (for an average rate of 1.167 UIA/USD). This provides the extra incentive for donators to contribute early in the campaign despite the greater risk due to the larger uncertainty regarding how large the deficit may end up being (if any).
Edit: I thought of another modification. If there is a deficit, then after the wallet launches you can use the delegate funds collected each week to first buy any UIA sell orders at a price of 1.17 UIA/USD or above, and then use any remaining money to pay off the loan. This delays paying off the loan, but it gives the early donators at the 1.20 UIA/USD price some confidence that they can exit early for smaller profits (2.6% rather than 20%) if they are concerned that the deficit is too large that it may take up to 2 years before they can start earning any returns. It also allows the later donators (those that paid after $65,000 was already raised) to exit at a loss if they lose confidence at the expense of further delaying the loan repayment (potentially so long that it isn't paid off by the 2 year expiration time and the code remains GPL3 licensed).