Author Topic: BitShares 0.6.2 Feedback  (Read 13780 times)

Xeldal

Did you ever work this out? Possible by doing a fresh install of 0.5.3 to import the backup, and then upgrading in-place to the latest version?

Yes, that is what I did.  It worked for me. 

Offline vikram

win764
Another corrupted wallet.  I'm not able to open the wallet.  Not able to import any backups.

Code: [Select]
10001 level_map_open_failure: level_map open failure
Failure opening database: C:/Users/John/AppData/Roaming/BitShares/wallets/default
    {"db":"C:/Users/John/AppData/Roaming/BitShares/wallets/default","msg":"Corruption: error in middle of record"}
    th_a  level_map.hpp:68 bts::db::level_map<int,struct bts::wallet::generic_wallet_record>::open

{"dir":"C:/Users/John/AppData/Roaming/BitShares/wallets/default","create":true,"cache_size":0}
    th_a  level_map.hpp:73 bts::db::level_map<int,struct bts::wallet::generic_wallet_record>::open
Error opening wallet file C:/Users/John/AppData/Roaming/BitShares/wallets/default
    {"file":"C:/Users/John/AppData/Roaming/BitShares/wallets/default"}
    th_a  wallet_db.cpp:186 bts::wallet::wallet_db::open
Unable to open wallet C:/Users/John/AppData/Roaming/BitShares/wallets/default
    {"wallet_file_path":"C:/Users/John/AppData/Roaming/BitShares/wallets/default"}
    th_a  wallet.cpp:753 bts::wallet::detail::wallet_impl::open_file

{"wallet_name":"default"}
    th_a  wallet.cpp:1075 bts::wallet::wallet::open

{}
    th_a  common_api_client.cpp:2861 bts::rpc_stubs::common_api_client::wallet_open

{"command":"wallet_open"}
    th_a  cli.cpp:626 bts::cli::detail::cli_impl::execute_command

Gui errors out on trying to import any backup saying "invalid password"  and crashes if you try to export.

Did you ever work this out? Possible by doing a fresh install of 0.5.3 to import the backup, and then upgrading in-place to the latest version?

Xeldal

win764
Another corrupted wallet.  I'm not able to open the wallet.  Not able to import any backups.

Code: [Select]
10001 level_map_open_failure: level_map open failure
Failure opening database: C:/Users/John/AppData/Roaming/BitShares/wallets/default
    {"db":"C:/Users/John/AppData/Roaming/BitShares/wallets/default","msg":"Corruption: error in middle of record"}
    th_a  level_map.hpp:68 bts::db::level_map<int,struct bts::wallet::generic_wallet_record>::open

{"dir":"C:/Users/John/AppData/Roaming/BitShares/wallets/default","create":true,"cache_size":0}
    th_a  level_map.hpp:73 bts::db::level_map<int,struct bts::wallet::generic_wallet_record>::open
Error opening wallet file C:/Users/John/AppData/Roaming/BitShares/wallets/default
    {"file":"C:/Users/John/AppData/Roaming/BitShares/wallets/default"}
    th_a  wallet_db.cpp:186 bts::wallet::wallet_db::open
Unable to open wallet C:/Users/John/AppData/Roaming/BitShares/wallets/default
    {"wallet_file_path":"C:/Users/John/AppData/Roaming/BitShares/wallets/default"}
    th_a  wallet.cpp:753 bts::wallet::detail::wallet_impl::open_file

{"wallet_name":"default"}
    th_a  wallet.cpp:1075 bts::wallet::wallet::open

{}
    th_a  common_api_client.cpp:2861 bts::rpc_stubs::common_api_client::wallet_open

{"command":"wallet_open"}
    th_a  cli.cpp:626 bts::cli::detail::cli_impl::execute_command

Gui errors out on trying to import any backup saying "invalid password"  and crashes if you try to export.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 08:54:06 pm by Xeldal »

Xeldal

Sometimes when i click on BitUSD:BTS featured market it opens BitSILVER:BTS instead. (Windows 7 64 bit)
Did you try to upgrade to newer wallet version? As far as I remember 0.6.0 had this bug and it's definitely should be fixed in 0.6.2.
Don't forget to click Check for GUI updates in the main menu after you install it.

I still get this also.  I made a ticket about it and it was closed. https://github.com/BitShares/web_wallet/issues/632

The issue only happens whey you click on the graph.  If you click above the graph you go to the correct market.  so not quite fixed.

Offline valzav

• View Profile
Sometimes when i click on BitUSD:BTS featured market it opens BitSILVER:BTS instead. (Windows 7 64 bit)
Did you try to upgrade to newer wallet version? As far as I remember 0.6.0 had this bug and it's definitely should be fixed in 0.6.2.
Don't forget to click Check for GUI updates in the main menu after you install it.

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Yesterday one of my wallets got corrupted. It had been open + unlocked for a couple of days. When I tried shut down the client I had to kill it, apparently one thread was stuck in a loop or something. After restarting, I couldn't open the wallet anymore. The attempt fails with something about a checksum mismatch. One possible cause is that the partition where the wallet is stored became full at some point in time (but the client never gave me an error message and continued to work just fine while it was running).

Importing an old backup + regenerating keys restored my balances completely AFAICT, only the tx history shows me many UNKNOWNs in market orders.
you may need to regenerate alot more keys ... there has been a change in how the market keys are derived from the account key.. those keys are regenerated only after 10500 or so ..

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Yesterday one of my wallets got corrupted. It had been open + unlocked for a couple of days. When I tried shut down the client I had to kill it, apparently one thread was stuck in a loop or something. After restarting, I couldn't open the wallet anymore. The attempt fails with something about a checksum mismatch. One possible cause is that the partition where the wallet is stored became full at some point in time (but the client never gave me an error message and continued to work just fine while it was running).

Importing an old backup + regenerating keys restored my balances completely AFAICT, only the tx history shows me many UNKNOWNs in market orders.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline marcelus

• View Profile
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I've just downloaded 0.6.2 for OSX. It can't seem to download past block 1138847. I remember having this issue before but it was due to the fact I didn't have the latest version. Any insights?

Not sure of the file structure on OSx however to get around this on Windows you can simply delete the "chain" folder located at /User/AppData/Roaming/BitShares.  This will cause the wallet to re-sync.  As a precaution when deleting anything, backup your wallet first!

I know how to do this on a mac and have a backup. Will try it now. Cheers.

Worked a treat thanks. Still downloading but has gotten past that dreaded block :)

Offline marcelus

• View Profile
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I've just downloaded 0.6.2 for OSX. It can't seem to download past block 1138847. I remember having this issue before but it was due to the fact I didn't have the latest version. Any insights?

Not sure of the file structure on OSx however to get around this on Windows you can simply delete the "chain" folder located at /User/AppData/Roaming/BitShares.  This will cause the wallet to re-sync.  As a precaution when deleting anything, backup your wallet first!

I know how to do this on a mac and have a backup. Will try it now. Cheers.

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Dang .. in wiki.bitshares.org there a troubleshooting page .. ther you can find aomw commanda to add more peers .. that might work

Offline marcelus

• View Profile
Leave the client open for some hours or so .. I guess it will catch up by that time

I've had it open for days buddy! Won't go past that block number.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Leave the client open for some hours or so .. I guess it will catch up by that time

Offline marcelus

• View Profile