Author Topic: Delegate: 80% community-fund - Crowd Fundraiser inside!(100% payback) FUNDED!  (Read 7472 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline btswolf

I've sent you 20k.
11,111 BTS from my private account and 8,889 BTS from donations.btswolf (~100% of received donations for my recent lawyer expenses)

Initially I wanted to start my own delegate but now I spend so much time on the BTSwolf Project and social medias that I rather would like to apply on an existing Project fund like the fav-community delegate if possible.

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
can write some numbers of giveaways ect.. to win new users. i think is running good.
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
Thanks to you, is great idea keep some delegates flowing over comunity ... sure will grow it.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 08:55:52 pm by infovortice2013 »
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
thanks to infovortice2013!

30000 / 60000 Funded now! :)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
Thank you favdesu, you're doing the right thing :)

Once this is funded, you have my vote +5%

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
I think the marketing initiative behind this delegate is good, I think your intentions are pure, and I also think that it is reasonable that you want to spread the risk of registering a paid delegate. However, the bonus is setting a bad precedent. Giving a bonus is essentially equivalent to buying votes, directly with the shareholder subsidies that these purchased votes bring. While this particular bonus (+10%) is not very much, what is stopping others from giving +100% bonus? Or more? The more incentive people have to "invest" into a delegate, the more people will do so, and the more guaranteed votes there will be.

This is a slippery slope that we do not want to ride down.

The risk of creating a delegate is on the shoulder of the creator, however the risk of electing a paid delegate is on the shoulders of 100% of the stakeholders. Offloading the creator's risk onto a small subset of the shareholders while simultaneously offering them a bonus reward for this risk creates an imbalance of incentives, and makes the shares of every shareholder who did not "invest" in a paid delegate who was elected this way redistributed to those who did "invest".

At first glance you might think, "well, if they are not elected, then the invested shares of every delegate investor are then redistributed to the rest of the shareholders!". This is true, however since delegate investors have incentive to vote in these bonus-giving delegates, as well as lobby for their election; they have "guaranteed votes".

Consider this post as an immune system reaction. Set a precedent and remove the bonus.

alright, no bonus!

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
I think the marketing initiative behind this delegate is good, I think your intentions are pure, and I also think that it is reasonable that you want to spread the risk of registering a paid delegate. However, the bonus is setting a bad precedent. Giving a bonus is essentially equivalent to buying votes, directly with the shareholder subsidies that these purchased votes bring. While this particular bonus (+10%) is not very much, what is stopping others from giving +100% bonus? Or more? The more incentive people have to "invest" into a delegate, the more people will do so, and the more guaranteed votes there will be.

This is a slippery slope that we do not want to ride down.

The risk of creating a delegate is on the shoulder of the creator, however the risk of electing a paid delegate is on the shoulders of 100% of the stakeholders. Offloading the creator's risk onto a small subset of the shareholders while simultaneously offering them a bonus reward for this risk creates an imbalance of incentives, and makes the shares of every shareholder who did not "invest" in a paid delegate who was elected this way redistributed to those who did "invest".

At first glance you might think, "well, if they are not elected, then the invested shares of every delegate investor are then redistributed to the rest of the shareholders!". This is true, however since delegate investors have incentive to vote in these bonus-giving delegates, as well as lobby for their election; they have "guaranteed votes".

Consider this post as an immune system reaction. Set a precedent and remove the bonus.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I'll fund it with 50k BTS ...!

+5% +5% +5% thanks a lot for your support!

oh just noticed, if delegate won't get voted in ... i will loss my funds ... mh...
I don't have a problem with prefund a delegate but i don't take the risk for the delegate!

So sorry, i'll fund it then with 10k BTS ... the amount i can get over…! Sry for this...

alright, thanks anyways! 40k left :)

sent !

note that this was my main idea. to spread the risk and involve the community = more guaranteed votes :)

yup got it :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

oh just noticed, if delegate won't get voted in ... i will loss my funds ... mh...
I don't have a problem with prefund a delegate but i don't take the risk for the delegate!

So sorry, i'll fund it then with 10k BTS ... the amount i can get over…! Sry for this...

sent !

note that this was my main idea. to spread the risk and involve the community = more guaranteed votes :)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

sent !
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!