Author Topic: New bitshares.tv video  (Read 2720 times)

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
In the video it was mentioned that you can "go ahead and trade your bitBTC for bitUSD".

I thought you have to trade bitBTC -> BTS -> bitUSD (so fighting two spreads) but I see you can manually search and find the bitBTC : bitUSD exchange... although it's bare :(
It'd be neat if bitshares did something like the ripple pathing that happens automatically, finding you the best price between two assets. I guess that can come in time...

Hi Smiley Chris!

Yes it is bare. We need to run market maker bots on bitUSD:bitBTC. Im writing one and its coming out real soon!

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
so many haters on the BTC subreddit. in the 10 minutes i was viewing this thread successcouncil's comment went from +4 to -1. Ouch.

I doubt they are haters.  More like bitcoiners dislike altcoin's advertisements, veiled or not, in their subreddit.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline .yoshi

• View Profile
so many haters on the BTC subreddit. in the 10 minutes i was viewing this thread successcouncil's comment went from +4 to -1. Ouch.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

- around 4.15: Saying "sending usd to the exchange and the exchange sends me btc involves counterparty risk" isnt true. The IOU character of what I get back from sending btc / usd to the exchange has to be mentioned.

- Contrary to what was said around 6.30: Making the order book being executed by a blockchain network based on opensource software does not eliminate "hackers wet dreams". Gateways still issue IOUs...

Offline SmileyChris

In the video it was mentioned that you can "go ahead and trade your bitBTC for bitUSD".

I thought you have to trade bitBTC -> BTS -> bitUSD (so fighting two spreads) but I see you can manually search and find the bitBTC : bitUSD exchange... although it's bare :(
It'd be neat if bitshares did something like the ripple pathing that happens automatically, finding you the best price between two assets. I guess that can come in time...

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
btw, are we free to reupload your videos on other video platforms? are they under creative commons?

For sure.
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
btw, are we free to reupload your videos on other video platforms? are they under creative commons?

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
Very fresh presentation!  +5%

Weired thing: If you move (your face) there is a quite noticeable drag. It makes the picture in the area where things (your head mostly) blurry.

It looks like interpolation. Make sure your record frame-rate matches your project frame-rate.

Great video, I hope this opens up some Bitcoiners' minds.

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV

Weired thing: If you move (your face) there is a quite noticeable drag. It makes the picture in the area where things (your head mostly) blurry.

I noticed it too, but could not fix it.  It was an iMovie thing..   I might go back to recording in screenflow.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV