Author Topic: Help backing up my wallet  (Read 1568 times)

Offline giannet4

• View Profile
Awesome, thanks guys!

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
For future reference in case something happened and I wanted to access that wallet, I just download the Bitshares client & then i'd be able to boot the wallet from that file?

Assuming you remember the wallet password.

zerosum

For some reason I can't find the AppData folder. I was able to copy the wallet using the file, export as you suggested. Thanks.
Google: show hidden folders windows 7 [or your operating system]

For future reference in case something happened and I wanted to access that wallet, I just download the Bitshares client & then i'd be able to boot the wallet from that file?
Theoretically yes. You should be fine.

I'm assuming i'll have to back it up again everytime something changes in the wallet?
Not necessarily. see above. But doing it a couple of times for every  version of the client seems like a good idea to me.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
For some reason I can't find the AppData folder. I was able to copy the wallet using the file, export as you suggested. Thanks.

Start > Search Field %appdata%

Offline giannet4

• View Profile

I'm assuming i'll have to back it up again everytime something changes in the wallet?

zerosum

It is here in win:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\BitShares\wallets

AppData is a hidden folder, so make changes to see it if you do not.

And btw you do not need that folder if you just want to back it up now. Just go to File->Export wallet and save it wherever you like.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 03:49:19 pm by tonyk2 »

Offline giannet4

• View Profile
Hey guys, newb here. I'm having trouble finding the .jsom file on my computer to backup my wallet. Ideas? None of the wallet files appear to be there when I look in the Bitshares file under programs in windows 7.

Also, i've created another account that's not registered on the blockchain and generated a private key to that account. This was advised through a few posts but i'm a bit confused as to how that's helping me put my coins in cold storage.

Any pointing in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks!