Author Topic: Darkcoin rebranding  (Read 2408 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Yep could be. Good thing nobody listens to me :)
The ethereum topic is doing the same thing. Everybody is so worried about what ethereum will do.
they have a cool name.
they wrote some new kinda code.
they are specializing in smart contracts.
hmmf.. you could prob do a goog search and find 10 other dapps and companies doing the same thing. ethereum has a geek at the helm which serves as a great mascot (sorry Vitalik, I do like you, I'm just sayin man) but that mascot is on the road so much (like Paul at Factom) that they don't even get to code as much as they'd like.  I had a very interesting conversation with one of these guys and he told me flat out that he'd rather be doing something else, I don't want  to say what it was, but it was not working for the company that he's working for right now. He's being stifled. If I had the money I'd back him for it and blow that company up for him.
Guys, please stop worrying about the competition. You've gotta focus. Bitshares is frign awesome and you know what it offers is world-changing and best yet, the ability for it to get hacked, shut down, made illegal whatever.. is virtually impossible. So, people may come and go just like with any new investment, that's ok. Robert Kiyosaki put out a game a while back called "Cashflow 202". It teaches you how to trade whether the market is going up, or down.  Everybody keeps speculating an where the bottom is, seriously, who cares.
I hold darkcoin too so I have a quick place to shift I need to. I take profits (like a couple days ago) and move them into one of the nonperformers. Like Bitshares.
I believe in Bitshares because it has the most to offer and has the least possibility of being "shut down" by hackers, govs, whatever.
Buy on the dips, or bottoms or whatever. When the price of BTS is $1, $5 or $500 we'll probably have this same thread going once again, right?
Let the Devs work and please don't rush them. The next release has got to be bug free. No more new features until the bugs are gone. Restore faith and the cap goes back up, period.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Yep, they rallied up 36% in the last 24 hours, mainly because of their rebranding from darkcoin to dash.
When the news came out, it crashed their cap, now it's rallying and in another 36 hours it should be right back to their original $3 mark.
Bitshares should reclaim the #4 spot on CMC by tuesday.
Ride it on the way up again :)

36 hours have passed and Tuesday in about a few hours time.  Darkcoin stays above BitShares and it is not going back to $3.  I am afraid you got it wrong this time.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Thom

Maybe we should rebrand bitshares to cryptoshares and experience a 40% increase as well for a change :)

That's one way to boost marketcap  :P

Ride it up, announce, "Just kidding", return to BitShares & short it all the way back down.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Maybe we should rebrand bitshares to cryptoshares and experience a 40% increase as well for a change :)

Offline Methodise

I'm not a particularly 'dark' kind of guy, so it hasn't been top of my reading list, but I would love for somebody to explain to me darkcoin vs bitshares transaction privacy.

Seeing as darkcoin is just a one-trick alt featuring anonymity.
BTS: methodise

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Darkcoin has overtaken (temporary?) BitShares in coinmarketcap.

I sort of predicted this would happen to the Bitshares price which is why I said several days ago that we aren't at bottom. I specifically said the bottom would be between $18-16 million and I still think that.

I'm a bit confused as to why they would go with the name Dash though. I think the name Dash is stupid and reminds me of this:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/12/tony-abbott-say-hell-now-use-daesh-instead-of-isil-for-death-cult-but-why

But if they want to call themselves Dash then that is fine. I don't see myself using Darkcoin anyway.

Well.. 'dash' is different from 'daesh'.

dash - run or travel somewhere in a great hurry

According to http://www.inquisitr.com/1762507/daesh-the-meaning-behind-the-isis-or-isil-nickname-that-the-islamic-state-hates/

daesh - "DAESH derives from the Arabic name with which they refer to themselves, “al-Dawla al-Islamiya fi Iraq wa al-Sham.” This new “loose” acronym, pronounced “Die-esh"...

"The reason DAESH hates being called DAESH is because it’s similar to the verb Daes, which means “one who crushes something underfoot. It also sounds similar to Dahes, or “one who sows discord.”
I admit it's a very clever play on words by the Darkcoin team.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cube

• View Profile

I sort of predicted this would happen to the Bitshares price which is why I said several days ago that we aren't at bottom. I specifically said the bottom would be between $18-16 million and I still think that.

I'm a bit confused as to why they would go with the name Dash though. I think the name Dash is stupid and reminds me of this:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/12/tony-abbott-say-hell-now-use-daesh-instead-of-isil-for-death-cult-but-why

But if they want to call themselves Dash then that is fine. I don't see myself using Darkcoin anyway.

Well.. 'dash' is different from 'daesh'.

dash - run or travel somewhere in a great hurry

According to http://www.inquisitr.com/1762507/daesh-the-meaning-behind-the-isis-or-isil-nickname-that-the-islamic-state-hates/

daesh - "DAESH derives from the Arabic name with which they refer to themselves, “al-Dawla al-Islamiya fi Iraq wa al-Sham.” This new “loose” acronym, pronounced “Die-esh"...

"The reason DAESH hates being called DAESH is because it’s similar to the verb Daes, which means “one who crushes something underfoot. It also sounds similar to Dahes, or “one who sows discord.”

« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 01:17:36 pm by cube »

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Yep, they rallied up 36% in the last 24 hours, mainly because of their rebranding from darkcoin to dash.
When the news came out, it crashed their cap, now it's rallying and in another 36 hours it should be right back to their original $3 mark.
Bitshares should reclaim the #4 spot on CMC by tuesday.
Ride it on the way up again :)
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline cube

• View Profile