Author Topic: Help. I put the password I press unlock does not work.  (Read 8393 times)

Offline Ermes

• View Profile
Hello,
I am writing

<wallet closed> >>> wallet_open default

I see

10001 level_map_open_failure: level_map open failures
Failure opening database: C: / Users / ... ..
       {"Db2: C: / Users / .......", "Msg": "Corruption: error in middle of record"}
Etc ...

How is it done? "Set character encoding"

Alt 167    I do not see º

Offline nicejeans

something weird!
I have the gui version 0.8.0 installed (linux mint)
and today was the first time I couldn't login to my wallet using my password !!!

nothing happens after clicking the button unlock... even not a error/warning message as a result!
And second after I tried to export the wallet, it crashed/disappeared exactly after I selected a backup name and clicked the button save....    :-[

PS going to "Go to my accounts" didn't helped either.

Same problem for me. I had the problem with 0.8.1, and nothing changed with 0.9.0.
Operation Onramp

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
something weird!
I have the gui version 0.8.0 installed (linux mint)
and today was the first time I couldn't login to my wallet using my password !!!

nothing happens after clicking the button unlock... even not a error/warning message as a result!
And second after I tried to export the wallet, it crashed/disappeared exactly after I selected a backup name and clicked the button save....    :-[

PS going to "Go to my accounts" didn't helped either.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I do not know what I'm doing.
Forgive my ignorance.

test 1
<wallet closed> >>> unlock 99999999
passphrase: (I can not write anything here)

test 2
<wallet closed> >>> unlock
timeout: (here I am writing my passwore, but I can not write º)

My password is º
I do not write º

type this please:
(wallet closed)  >>> wallet_open default
wait until you see:

OK
default (locked)  >>>

then create outside your client a new empty document (right click your mouse somewhere on your desktop and create new document)
then type on your new open empty document this:

unlock 99999999 "yourpassword"
don't forget to write your password inside the strings ( " " )

then use your mouse to select it, right click and copy it...
then go back to your client and paste it there (right click & paste, or press Ctrl V, or Ctrl Shift V)
you should see:

default (locked)  >>> unlock 99999999 "yourpassword"

press Enter...

PS if this not works my guess is that your problem is related with the special character you are using:   º
My found is:"Many fonts improperly display Alt 166 as ª rather than .......... , and Alt 167 as º rather than .........."

So the client is not paste properly this special character and you must change the "set character encoding" to something else first...
right click on your client > show Menubar go on the menu "Terminal" > "set character encoding" and change it until you fin the encoding that supports this special character !!!
I hav no more time right now ... I will try to find the final solution this evening   ;)

Offline nicejeans

hi,
I have installed BitShares-v0.9.0
I type my password and can not enter the program.
I have this problem since March 2015.
I do not know what to do.
I want to recover my BTS.
What I can do?
Thank you.

It seems that a few other people, myself included, have been having this issue. Windows 8, 64 bit, I'm still running v0.8.1, I'll update if 0.9.0 works for me!
Operation Onramp

Offline Ermes

• View Profile
hi,
I have installed BitShares-v0.9.0
I type my password and can not enter the program.
I have this problem since March 2015.
I do not know what to do.
I want to recover my BTS.
What I can do?
Thank you.

Offline vikram

When i'm unable to login via the main GUI screen, which seems to be happening rather frequently in v0.8 (after entering the password, i get the grey "3 dots" cycling ad infinitum alpha-blended overlay, and nothing ever happens);  i then go to the Accounts -> Go to My Accounts option from the menu (in OSX, shift-command-A), and enter the password in that plain popup text dialog box, which then grants me access to the client.   ymmv.

I've observed this myself. I forgot about this. Users with this problem can try the above and see if they have any luck.

We've made a note: https://github.com/BitShares/web_wallet/issues/641#issuecomment-87799560

Offline Ermes

• View Profile
I tried keystrokes and can not find º I do not know how.
I copy and paste and I all text appears less º
The symbol º not paste.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Seems there is a log-memory-leak that fills up the hard drive until it's full and the client crashes .. As a result there might be an inconsistent state of databases ..

the devs are working to fix it ..

Offline jz831

• View Profile
    • Customized ASIC Controllers
When i'm unable to login via the main GUI screen, which seems to be happening rather frequently in v0.8 (after entering the password, i get the grey "3 dots" cycling ad infinitum alpha-blended overlay, and nothing ever happens);  i then go to the Accounts -> Go to My Accounts option from the menu (in OSX, shift-command-A), and enter the password in that plain popup text dialog box, which then grants me access to the client.   ymmv.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
same happen to me, while syncing light go off, and when restart not take password on login, i update to 0.8 and 0.8.1 and sync with console, and problem continue, just importing json copy login take the password
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I want to write º
as I do?
depends on your keyboard... you can figure out how to type it when you see
>>>
and remove it again .. the keyboard might contain 'dead-keys' in the sense that you have to hit [space] after the correct key combination ..
you can also copy&paste the pass phrase (if you are on linux you can use the middle-mouse button to paste)

Offline Ermes

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

test 2
<wallet closed> >>> unlock
timeout: (here I am writing my passwore, but I can not write º)
unlock takes 2 arguments .. the first one is the timeout in seconds after which the wallet will be relocked automatically ..

as for the password, Riverhead is right.. it's a 'blind' input field. Just type your passphrase and hit enter ..
Recently I experienced that it might take some time for the wallet to unlock if you have alot of accounts in it

Offline Riverhead

In the passphrase field text will not show up but it is being accepted by the program when you hit enter. This is for security.