Author Topic: Where is BM?hide?  (Read 12717 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Well, that escalated quickly ...

https://twitter.com/BlueMeanie4/status/581671922640924672

I'll be very interested to see if Hosk finds a way to make a better bitshares.  His post here basically tells me that he respects the work done here and it also makes me think Ethereum is not looking so hot.  Really a bit on the skeptical side of seeing a "better" bitshares being built though.  I mean we already have bitshares...and if something comes out that implements a new feature or tweaks a few things here or there...and it ends up being better, then bitshares will just adopt it too.  Just my opinions, but who knows.

I don't interpret that not as a friendly conversation about bitshares...
only a few examples

Charles Hoskinson ‏@IOHK_Charles 18h18 hours ago
@BlueMeanie4 @BjorkmanJesper and dan's not a sociopath. Just an arrogant asshole who's very driven

@BlueMeanie4 @BjorkmanJesper real product; bad management, execution and marketing

@BlueMeanie4 @BjorkmanJesper blue dan larimer and I started invictus together. We created bitshares

Blue Meanie ‏@BlueMeanie4 18h18 hours ago
@IOHK_Charles @BjorkmanJesper the thing was a massive scam, a confusing and incomplete proposal, perhaps worse. #Bitshares

@BlueMeanie4 @BjorkmanJesper @prestonjbyrne Preston has some valid points but remember I wasnt there when angelshares happened.

Blue Meanie ‏@BlueMeanie4 18h18 hours ago
@IOHK_Charles @BjorkmanJesper @prestonjbyrne no idea what that is. dont care. the thing was a joke from the start.

@BlueMeanie4 @BjorkmanJesper @prestonjbyrne third I'll eventually get around to releasing a better bitshares after my company is settled in  (Ha, ha, ha .... which one is the arrogant asshole ??????)

Offline fuzzy

Well, that escalated quickly ...

https://twitter.com/BlueMeanie4/status/581671922640924672

I'll be very interested to see if Hosk finds a way to make a better bitshares.  His post here basically tells me that he respects the work done here and it also makes me think Ethereum is not looking so hot.  Really a bit on the skeptical side of seeing a "better" bitshares being built though.  I mean we already have bitshares...and if something comes out that implements a new feature or tweaks a few things here or there...and it ends up being better, then bitshares will just adopt it too.  Just my opinions, but who knows.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Tuck Fheman

Tuck Fheman

He is obviously feeling pretty down (and poor)...

Most all of us feel it. It's no longer isolated, it has spread the world over.

It's the reason why some of us get edgy at times, and in that moment, it's always easier to blame those attempting to solve the problem than confront the problem head on ourselves.

Such is life.

:-\

Offline fuzzy

you should thank me for opening this thread

Thank you injecting your profound wisdom into these discussions at our forum uniqlo.  I'm sure that Dan is several lifetimes more enlightened now having read your pearls of wisdom.  In fact, I hereby propose that the BitShares community officially vote to change our name from BitShares to UniquloShares.  You should run for 100 delegates, you are certain to get awarded full pay due to the immense value that you provide our community and the world around us. 

I also propose that Dan take a hiatus from any affiliation with the uniquloShares project to to go on sabbatical to enlighten his soul with the great teachings of uniqulo. 

I also propose that we destroy any posts in this forum that are not originated by uniqulo.

here here!

All in favor say aye!

Hare Uniqulo, Hare uniqulo, Rama Rama, Rama Hare, Hare Hare, Uniqulo Hare. (Singing it all day waiting for enlightment)

Hey now, everyone.  Let's take a deep breath.  We all have a level of stress these days...but it is our people who will keep our network going until lift off :)

So can we be a little less harsh on the guy?  He is obviously feeling pretty down (and poor)...
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
you should thank me for opening this thread

Thank you injecting your profound wisdom into these discussions at our forum uniqlo.  I'm sure that Dan is several lifetimes more enlightened now having read your pearls of wisdom.  In fact, I hereby propose that the BitShares community officially vote to change our name from BitShares to UniquloShares.  You should run for 100 delegates, you are certain to get awarded full pay due to the immense value that you provide our community and the world around us. 

I also propose that Dan take a hiatus from any affiliation with the uniquloShares project to to go on sabbatical to enlighten his soul with the great teachings of uniqulo. 

I also propose that we destroy any posts in this forum that are not originated by uniqulo.

here here!

All in favor say aye!

Hare Uniqulo, Hare uniqulo, Rama Rama, Rama Hare, Hare Hare, Uniqulo Hare. (Singing it all day waiting for enlightment)

Tuck Fheman

IIRC, this NDA was about the reason he was forced to leave, that it not ever be discussed. A Chinese partner of I3 made that clear here in the forum when CH was talking too much about it, but much of that discussion was retracted.

I see.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
"The way Dan runs that company is it's a referendum on his political philosophy."

"We're not here to prove Ludwig von Mises right or wrong, we're here to build a company. So we kind of butt heads a lot and at the end of the day one of us had to go."

"By the way, Stan Larimer and Pam are some of the nicest people I have ever met in my life."

Fixed those quotes for you.

Tuck Fheman

Thank you Dan. Please continue your work and know that there is a large community of supporters who share you vision. We also share your desire to see BTS become a wild success!

There will always be a vocal minority, and they have their own role to play. Onward and Upward!

All I know is, I'm even more fired up about BitShares after hearing why Charles Hoskinson left. I missed all of that in the early days.

Could you summarize his reason again?  I doubt he would EVER reveal the true reason he left.

You run the company... "as a referendum on [your] political philosophy".

You're a "voluntarist, a libertarian".and a "strong Austrian".

and "we're not here to prove Ludwig von Mises right or wrong", heads were a butting and one of you had to go (guess which one).

you're all the nicest people he's ever met and it was a "philosophical disagreement at it's core".

https://youtu.be/-UT3OZySRcA?t=3m40s

Is that inaccurate?

[Edit : fixed the Mises quote]
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 11:36:05 pm by Tuck Fheman »

Offline mint chocolate chip

What we do know is that CH signed a non-disclosure agreement when he left I3, so anything he said in that Youtube video is in fact not the actual reason he left.

Not necessarily.. NDAs are generally about business itself.. personal opinions and fair comment on relationships and ideas are ok to go on and discuss at his pleasure. NDA might have taken issue if he had perhaps revealed some kind of details regarding some trade secret.. trade secret in the business vernacular that is.

I did notice through out the hangout of all the things he discussed.. he gave praise to bitshares on a number of occasions.. and only noted one thing he thought could be done better.. the voting for delegates in our network. That's not news to us.. we all know there is room for improvement but there are more critical functions to deal with now.

CH brought up a lot of things about bitcoin that you could tell in the hangout they did not like hearing. Someone even tried to suggest how 10 years from now people are still going to want to use bitcoin.. but CH shot down that idea.. I can see why they would not like to have him speak at conferences.. it's not unlike why these bitcoin conferences don't want to have bitshares on the scene.
IIRC, this NDA was about the reason he was forced to leave, that it not ever be discussed. A Chinese partner of I3 made that clear here in the forum when CH was talking too much about it, but much of that discussion was retracted.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

What we do know is that CH signed a non-disclosure agreement when he left I3, so anything he said in that Youtube video is in fact not the actual reason he left.

Not necessarily.. NDAs are generally about business itself.. personal opinions and fair comment on relationships and ideas are ok to go on and discuss at his pleasure. NDA might have taken issue if he had perhaps revealed some kind of details regarding some trade secret.. trade secret in the business vernacular that is.

I did notice through out the hangout of all the things he discussed.. he gave praise to bitshares on a number of occasions.. and only noted one thing he thought could be done better.. the voting for delegates in our network. That's not news to us.. we all know there is room for improvement but there are more critical functions to deal with now.

CH brought up a lot of things about bitcoin that you could tell in the hangout they did not like hearing. Someone even tried to suggest how 10 years from now people are still going to want to use bitcoin.. but CH shot down that idea.. I can see why they would not like to have him speak at conferences.. it's not unlike why these bitcoin conferences don't want to have bitshares on the scene.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline mint chocolate chip

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Thank you Dan. Please continue your work and know that there is a large community of supporters who share you vision. We also share your desire to see BTS become a wild success!

There will always be a vocal minority, and they have their own role to play. Onward and Upward!

All I know is, I'm even more fired up about BitShares after hearing why Charles Hoskinson left. I missed all of that in the early days.

Could you summarize his reason again?  I doubt he would EVER reveal the true reason he left.

CH said he was not interested in:

DACS
Volunteerism
Proving Austrian Economics

CH said he was more concerned with:

I3 Investors
Fiduciary Obligation
Growth
ROI

Quotes:

"The way Dan runs the company is that it is a referendum on his political philosophy."

"We're not here to prove Mises right or wrong, we are here to grow a company. So we kind of butt heads a lot and one of us had to go."

"By the way, Stan and Dan Larimer are some of the nicest people I have ever met in my life."

He went on to praise DPOS, bitUSD, DEX and paid delegates quite a bit.

If these points are in fact correct, I agree with CH on this. HIs focus is the more effective focus for the management of the organization in my opinion.    I don't know what happened personally, but professionally I was concerned for BSTX when he left.   He seemed to add a lot of solid business thinking,  structure and strategy to the organization which we are currently sorely lacking.    It seems like my concerns with his departure were quite well founded.

I'm by no means knowledgeable on CH or his achievements, but I do have the general impression that he becomes involved in the front end of projects but leaves prior to execution.

BTS is not unique in this regard, he did the same with ETH and some other platform.

I will certainly pay attention if CH ever sticks with a project through execution but in context I don't think his departure from BTS at the earliest stage of development has any real bearing on the viability of the platform.

Offline James212

• View Profile

CH said he was not interested in:

DACS
Volunteerism
Proving Austrian Economics

CH said he was more concerned with:

I3 Investors
Fiduciary Obligation
Growth
ROI

Quotes:

"The way Dan runs the company is that it is a referendum on his political philosophy."

"We're not here to prove Mises right or wrong, we are here to grow a company. So we kind of butt heads a lot and one of us had to go."

"By the way, Stan and Dan Larimer are some of the nicest people I have ever met in my life."

He went on to praise DPOS, bitUSD, DEX and paid delegates quite a bit.

If these points are in fact correct, I agree with CH on this. HIs focus is the more effective focus for the management of the organization in my opinion.    I don't know what happened personally, but professionally I was concerned for BSTX when he left.   He seemed to add a lot of solid business thinking,  structure and strategy to the organization which we are currently sorely lacking.    It seems like my concerns with his departure were quite well founded. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 05:51:30 pm by James212 »
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline oldman

• View Profile
if bts has a capable team, bts will have gone much far.
The biggest problem is too many ideas but only little execution.

EDIT:
I mean we need concern to finish the core things, no more new things before we stable the wallet and market tool.

This is exactly what is happening now.

Core devs have ceased design by consensus via the forums and are now focused on execution.