I love BitShares, bitAssets, DACs and Delegates.
Now, with that being said, if I was a malicious entity I might want to destroy BitShares by any means necessary so, how would I go about doing it?
Bar shutting down the internet or electricity entirely of course..
1. How would you seize multiple accounts at once? Blockchain..
2. How could you destroy/shutdown a DAC? ie: iTunes might want to kill PeerTracks.
3. If I was an ISP, could I somehow block you from connecting to the BTS blockchain?
4. Can specific ports be closed at the ISP that would lock my bts client software out?
5. Could a centralized Exchange hire a hacker to somehow steal BitShares or BitAssets?
Before I dump larger sums of money into bts and bitassets, I need to know for a fact there's no way my money can get stolen, hacked, proxied off, regulated out, spied upon, etc. I need to know where the weak spots are so that I can fortify those areas as much as technology will allow me to do.
I'd say the ISP could block/proxy access to wallet.bitshares.org quite easily.
An ISP could also block ALL ports, and only leave open 80, 8080, 20, 21, etc. effectively blocking access to bts peers, right?
Please keep this thread on-topic, educated realistic answers only, please.
Moderators, please keep this one on point, thank you. We could use this thread as a sticky.