Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: BitShares.tv - A closer look at Moonstone  (Read 1107 times)

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
BitShares.tv - A closer look at Moonstone
« on: March 30, 2015, 09:29:46 AM »

This time around we Chat to bitSapphire AKA Taulant Ramabaja about the Moonstone project.

Our longest episode yet. For the bitshares die-hards.   :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sDU-ooXq-E&index=1&list=PLjgfpSQFJTLqbgHm8mkgPdD-ma7t0bRhK
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 10:54:11 AM by bitmarket »
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Re: BitShares.tv - A closer look at Moonstone
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 10:12:12 AM »
 +5% great video episode :)

small spelling mistake just here ..

bitSapphire

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 10:54:30 AM »
+5% great video episode :)

small spelling mistake just here ..

bitSapphire
Corrected. Thanks Cass

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 12:00:28 PM »
Great interview Max!!

I can see Bitshares TV becoming a major part of BitShares, possibly one of the most important PR points.

I'd love to see a widget in the BitShares wallet that let's users watch/learn while trading, similar to the "Think Or Swim" software.

Would you consider upping the game for BitShares TV with a professional mic, classy, natural backdrop, in casual dress etc? Professionalism 110%
Something like this: https://youtu.be/75k2pQHaB1g

I foresee BitShares as Wall Street 2.0. :)
kenCode - Let's Agorise the world!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BTS: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 12:44:53 PM »
Awesome interview .. plenty of information.

I myself explain the blockchain pretty much the same way as Taulant does: Append-only excel sheet :)
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu powered by ChainSquad GmbH

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 01:29:58 PM »
Great interview Max!!

I can see Bitshares TV becoming a major part of BitShares, possibly one of the most important PR points.

I'd love to see a widget in the BitShares wallet that let's users watch/learn while trading, similar to the "Think Or Swim" software.

Would you consider upping the game for BitShares TV with a professional mic, classy, natural backdrop, in casual dress etc? Professionalism 110%
Something like this: https://youtu.be/75k2pQHaB1g

I foresee BitShares as Wall Street 2.0. :)

I would love to but I travel too much.  In a different location every few weeks.  I think next year I might settle down and then I do exactly that.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 01:49:54 PM »
Well, just my opinion here ok, so don't shoot the messenger.
When you're in the media, you'll never "settle down" and every branding opportunity counts.

Those collared, long sleeve logo shirts that I showed you a while back would be perfect.
When you are on camera, you are representing all of us. If we are ever going to attract real money to BitShares, we've ALL got to look the part.
All of us.

Professionalism 110%
We set the standard.

Again, Max, please don't take this the wrong way tho, ok? I'm just trying to put in some constructive criticism.
Your studio needs a natural, consistent, comforting backdrop. A professional mic would be nice too.
The chest hair and sailing shirt, the avatar that you use here on BitShares talk, it's time for the upgrade, please.

You are representing all of us.
Please, Max. Please.
kenCode - Let's Agorise the world!

jakub

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 02:13:10 PM »
Taulant & Max,
Both of you: very well done. Things like this give confidence which is badly needed.

Offline fuzzy

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 02:37:11 PM »
Well, just my opinion here ok, so don't shoot the messenger.
When you're in the media, you'll never "settle down" and every branding opportunity counts.

Those collared, long sleeve logo shirts that I showed you a while back would be perfect.
When you are on camera, you are representing all of us. If we are ever going to attract real money to BitShares, we've ALL got to look the part.
All of us.

Professionalism 110%
We set the standard.

Again, Max, please don't take this the wrong way tho, ok? I'm just trying to put in some constructive criticism.
Your studio needs a natural, consistent, comforting backdrop. A professional mic would be nice too.
The chest hair and sailing shirt, the avatar that you use here on BitShares talk, it's time for the upgrade, please.

You are representing all of us.
Please, Max. Please.

@taulant drops some bombshells in this one. 

@Max has some wonderful questions and laser accurate points.

As far as the shirts, I am not so sure the shirts are a problem...but we could all pitch in and get Max a pimp overcoat to wear over those chill shirts he's wearing.  If we got 20-30 donators @ 3-5 bitUSD each, we could buy one at the very least worth $500-600. 

I'm only halfway through and honestly don't even know why I haven't finished it before posting.  On that note.  Time to go finish this little nugget.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline bitsapphire

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 02:40:21 PM »
Awesome interview .. plenty of information.

I myself explain the blockchain pretty much the same way as Taulant does: Append-only excel sheet :)

Yes, it seems that slowly but surely the industry is converging o a set of obvious interpretations.

Since blockchains are so obviously different from other databases (they never delete or modify anything), I have been thinking for some time that we could design a new kind of key-value-store which uses this "drawback" as an opportunity. Turns out the Ripple guys have been thinking about this for some time and have come up with their own special blockchain db! I would love to hear your opinion on NuDB. I think it might be an important potential change to Bitshares in the near future.
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 08:04:22 PM »
this was great. lots of really good info in this interview.
kudos max  +5%

Offline onceuponatime

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 08:32:08 PM »
I was inspired by this interview.

Way to hit it out of the ballpark Max and Taulant!!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:51:12 PM by onceuponatime »

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 08:50:33 PM »
 +5% +5% +5%

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 10:31:48 PM »
As far as the shirts, I am not so sure the shirts are a problem...but we could all pitch in and get Max a pimp overcoat to wear over those chill shirts he's wearing.  If we got 20-30 donators @ 3-5 bitUSD each, we could buy one at the very least worth $500-600. 

lol.  I am fine. I can afford my own clothes.  I looked into a branded backdrop a while ago... as well as a branded shirt.  I concluded that the the more things it takes to make an episode the less episodes I will make.  its just how it is.  The shirts are in the wash. I forgot to pack the backdrop for this trip. etc...

However message received. I will put in more effort in the future, but not at the expense of volume of shows.

Offline luckybit

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 10:48:17 PM »
This time around we Chat to bitSapphire AKA Taulant Ramabaja about the Moonstone project.

Our longest episode yet. For the bitshares die-hards.   :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sDU-ooXq-E&index=1&list=PLjgfpSQFJTLqbgHm8mkgPdD-ma7t0bRhK
+5%
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Google+