You may have noticed that minebitshares has referred the most new users to bitshares for the 2nd month in a row - March.
This data is via the bitshares referral system (https://faucet.bitshares.org/refscoreboard
) and identifies new users that have downloaded the bitshares client and used the faucet to register their account. (MineBitShares has provided the most referrals since the system started
I believe that this validates the marketing effectiveness of minebitshares to attract new people to Bitshares and introducing them to BitAssets by mining bitUSD.
I can’t take all the credit, as well as the utility that minebitshares delivers, bytemaster has been contributing his own personal funds over the last two months, $50 bitUSD per day, to payout as bonuses to miners and help attract even more miners to ensure the multi-pool is one of the most, if not thee most profitable.Now the bad (but possibly good) news - After 9 months with minebitshares, I'm no longer able to dedicate my spare time or personal funds to continue to develop and run the pool.
But instead of just shutting the pool down, I have a bold proposal.
I think it’s time we do this properly at scale - create some waves in the crypto world and have the focus on bitshares and bitassets giving people something else to think about rather that than ethereum and dash.
Here’s it is…
● I donate the minebitshares pool / source code and supporting assets to the bitshares community.
● BitShares community members come forward to create an east and west pool management team.
i.e. a new Chinese language version of the pool is created for the Chinese community to manage locally (pays in bitCNY) as well as the current pool. They east/west pools can back each other up.
● Multiple 100% delegates are used to top up the pool mining earnings to ensure the pools ARE the most profitable. (At least 3 per team would be required initially providing $2,300 p/month, as BTS price rises this could be reduced to 2 delegates)
● Pool fees/delegate funds and/or referral/affiliate earnings are used to pay pool infrastructure costs and to compensate the pool dev/management teams.
● I enable the teams over a period of a month to show them how the pool code works and daily pool management operations. I'm not leaving bitshares so will still be around if advice is needed after that.
● The teams continue development of the pool, integrating services such as http://metaexchange.info
for payouts in any bitasset - including BitSilver/BitGold and referral integration with http://cryptosmith.info
to mine real Silver and Gold.
● We all watch BitShares get the due attention from the crypto world through massive exposure of mining profitability and being able to mine physical gold and silver! = new users = improved bitAsset liquidity = > market cap ;-)
If you believe this / or a variant of this is worth doing, then please comment and show your support for this plan by voting to have the minebitshares-reloaded
100% delegate in to the the top 101 before Sun 12th April - it’s currently position 138 - but needs at least another 160M votes.
If minebitshares-reloaded is voted in by then, and we have community members who want to run the pools, I’ll keep everything running for the next month while I help enable them and transition the delegates / pools etc.
If it’s not voted in by then, I’ll announce to the pool users that the pool will be shutting down the following week - i.e. 19th April.
Let the community know if you’d like to put yourself forward as the new east or west pool devs/managers.
I’ve made this a poll, so those thinking of putting themselves forward as part of the east/west pool teams can gauge the community interest and support before committing themselves.
I'll ask btswildpig if he can translate and post in the Chinese community thread.
If you need to find out more about minebitshares, the delegate proposals and pool profitability check out these threads and sites…delegate: minebitshares-reloaded http://bitsharesblocks.com/delegate/info?name=minebitshares-reloadeddelegate proposal
- https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14887.0MineBitShares - FAQ
- https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14973.0 Pool Profitability