Author Topic: Flaw in voting system  (Read 2565 times)

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
We did have a problem of that kind with MC1 - then the grants were much larger and a smaller vote was required to win.

With MC2, the payments are quite small compared to the amount mined - for each 1 coin an exec gets, 95 coins are awarded to miners. There shouldn't be a problem with encumbency.

What we're seeing at the moment is just a very low voter participation rate - 5% is the highest turnout we have.  I think it might be because MC1/Protoshares owners haven't claimed their coins yet, and it requires some education on how it all works.

It makes me think we need a HR officer to recruit candidates, and get owners voting.
I'll make a video showing how. I have only received a vote from myself which is a little disappointing but I am sure I will have more votes when I have made a gambling system and a pool.
MemoryDice now available! https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1886.0
 Vote for me to be CNO of memorycoin if you want these services. Just send 1 satoshi!
CNO: MVTEcno2tbsJWj7AQEyEjgk72j94hbPHFm

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
How about a video on how to vote, everyone loves watching videos.

I haven't voted yet but im going to learn.

An off the wall idea but to encourage voting how about a lottery for those that participate? could you take another 1% for a lottery prize fund with a weekly draw? This would not only encourage voting but regular voting.
I like the idea, I'll write some code that would allow that tomorrow.

And I'll make a video too. Its quite simple though, you just send a satoshi to the voting address. So if you wanted me in power you would send 1 satoshi to my ceo address: MVTEceoa86dYRsxc2rWCexBMjJmaawMkHZ or my cno address: MVTEcno2tbsJWj7AQEyEjgk72j94hbPHFm you can send 2 satoshi to your second option etc etc
 Vote for me to be CNO of memorycoin if you want these services. Just send 1 satoshi!

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
How about a video on how to vote, everyone loves watching videos.

I haven't voted yet but im going to learn.

An off the wall idea but to encourage voting how about a lottery for those that participate? could you take another 1% for a lottery prize fund with a weekly draw? This would not only encourage voting but regular voting.

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
We did have a problem of that kind with MC1 - then the grants were much larger and a smaller vote was required to win.

With MC2, the payments are quite small compared to the amount mined - for each 1 coin an exec gets, 95 coins are awarded to miners. There shouldn't be a problem with encumbency.

What we're seeing at the moment is just a very low voter participation rate - 5% is the highest turnout we have.  I think it might be because MC1/Protoshares owners haven't claimed their coins yet, and it requires some education on how it all works.

It makes me think we need a HR officer to recruit candidates, and get owners voting.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile

Essentially because the voting system is proportional the people in power are very likely to stay in power. Those in a position are earning thousands of coins which all count as votes for them.

As the majority of you have not voted this persons own proportional voting power is more than enough to keep their position before having mined any coins.

The only way I can think of to fix this this would be to mark any coins gained through the position to not count in the elections and for all of you to start voting. I am not seeing  many votes being cast, and not all that much activity from those who have been elected.

Please can you look at the full list of candidates here and make a decision. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=369487.msg3946191#msg3946191

On a different note how much interest is there in an spv wallet and gambling service?