Author Topic: Guide to claiming Protoshare investment in new DACs  (Read 4225 times)

Offline danielauhlig

• View Profile
Re: Guide to claiming Protoshare investment in new DACs
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 01:52:06 am »
We will make it automatic assuming you have your PTS in your local wallet.

When BitShares (or other DACs) launch, they will automatically detect your PTS wallet and load the private keys for you.  You may have to provide the password if it is encrypted.

So all I need is the PTS QT with my  PTS on it nothing else needs to be done from my end?

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 12:15:58 am »
1.  Open your Protoshares wallet and open the debug window from the help menu.

2.  Switch from the information tab of the debug window to the console tab.

3.  Type:
     walletpassphrase YourPasswordHere 600

4. Type:
     dumpprivkey YourPTSAddress

5. Note the string of characters output after the last command.  This is your wallet key.  Guard it with your life.

6. Open the new DAC wallet and go to the console tab of the debug window as you did with the PTS wallet.

7. If your new DAC wallet is already locked, type:

8. Copy your PTS wallet key from the PTS wallet window, and in the new DAC console, type:
     importprivkey YourPTSWalletKeyHere

9. Done.  If your new balance does not show up immediately, you can close and restart the new DAC wallet to rescan and find your balance.

This question might be stupid, but perhaps it isnt:

Say I have installed PTS qt and transferred 10 PTS into it by using the address shown in the "receiving" tab. When I now spend 1 PTS, it is my understanding that the remaining 9 PTS will be sent to another address, also controlled by my wallet ("change"). So I have 9 PTS left and want to claim DAC shares for these. How do I find out the private key of the address these now reside in? The client does not show me in which address they are. Thx!

We will have a tool to automatically import wallet.dat files and handle this all for you.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline zyxxer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2013, 09:21:44 pm »

3.  Type:

4. Type:

5. Note the string of characters output after the last command.  This is your wallet key.  Guard it with your life.

6. Open the new DAC wallet and go to the console tab of the debug window as you did with the PTS wallet.

8. Copy your PTS wallet key from the PTS wallet window, and in the new DAC console, type:

9. Done.  If your new balance does not show up immediately, you can close and restart the new DAC wallet to rescan and find your balance.

This question might be stupid, but perhaps it isnt:

Say I have installed PTS qt and transferred 10 PTS into it by using the address shown in the "receiving" tab. When I now spend 1 PTS, it is my understanding that the remaining 9 PTS will be sent to another address, also controlled by my wallet ("change"). So I have 9 PTS left and want to claim DAC shares for these. How do I find out the private key of the address these now reside in? The client does not show me in which address they are. Thx!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 09:31:27 pm by zyxxer »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 06:26:26 pm »
Gigamike,

Yes, in this case the MMC2 wallet is the new DAC wallet, and these instructions will work for it as well as any other DACs that start without the auto import functionality and use basically the standard wallet system.

thanks Troglodactyl,

i hope MMC2 wallet/qt has a mac version

Thanks again,

Mike

indeed but guess wrong section here :)
Pls be patient, Mac Version of MMC2 Wallet should be launched shortly, i guess.
But no problem you can wait claiming your MMC for you PTS until a OSX Version is launched.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 06:28:31 pm by cassiopaia »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline gigamike

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 12:33:51 am »
Gigamike,

Yes, in this case the MMC2 wallet is the new DAC wallet, and these instructions will work for it as well as any other DACs that start without the auto import functionality and use basically the standard wallet system.

thanks Troglodactyl,

i hope MMC2 wallet/qt has a mac version

Thanks again,

Mike

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2013, 12:24:18 am »
Gigamike,

Offline gigamike

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 12:04:54 am »

3.  Type:

4. Type:

where we can download DAC wallet ? is that the MMC2 wallet?

Thanks,

Mike

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 05:29:44 pm »
That's much better.  Hopefully anyone else creating Protoshare honoring DACs copies that functionality.

Thanks!

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 04:59:52 pm »
We will make it automatic assuming you have your PTS in your local wallet.

When BitShares (or other DACs) launch, they will automatically detect your PTS wallet and load the private keys for you.  You may have to provide the password if it is encrypted.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Guide to claiming Protoshare investment in new DACs
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 04:37:07 pm »

3.  Type:

4. Type: