Author Topic: Hangout Questions for Bytemaster (Due Friday @ 10:00am EST)  (Read 4631 times)

Tuck Fheman

Is there any plan to implement atomic cross chain trading features into the client?

+5%

No
Hu.. i thought the code just needs testing but is essentially complete ... ?!?

bytemaster could always do the latest fad and put a link to metaexchange in the client and call it a "great new feature", "swap any coin (metaexchange adds) for BitShares", "built right into the client", like everyone else does these days.

btw : metaexchange/monsterer, we would have put an affiliate link up there (and on our website & sigs), but when we asked about the affiliate program we received a question asking why we were asking, instead of information on how to signup. ;)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 07:33:28 pm by Tuck Fheman »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Is there any plan to implement atomic cross chain trading features into the client?

+5%

No
Hu.. i thought the code just needs testing but is essentially complete ... ?!?

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Tuck Fheman

+5%

Tuck Fheman

Dear BM,

Why am I having to buy more BitShares in (it's early stages, pre-official client release) between 1300-1500 sats instead of between 9000-10,000 sats?   :'(

I was expecting to have far less BTS than this prior to release, now I have to readjust my will.  :-\

My "future profits" have also been affected (for the better), so I think this might fall under some TPP law or something.

Thanks and I look forward to your reply on the next mumble session, I'll hang up and listen.

;)

Look at me, sneaking in some TPP awareness randomly.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

lzr1900

Offline speedy

• View Profile
I have a second question for BM:

When are we going to stop constantly re-engineering BitUSD (It basically works), and focus on getting new users? We arent getting new users because we dont look like a regular exchange that people can easily deposit into.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 05:42:03 pm by speedy »

Offline Pheonike

Would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or 1 horse-sized duck?

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
My impression of the various BitAssets n.0 proposals is that we're in trial-and-error mode regarding the economic side of our product. I'm not an expert on economics, yet I wonder if we're approaching our problems in the right way. Specifically, I think our flagship product, market-pegged bitassets, has shown remarkable stability *despite* a serious drop in the valuation of the underlying BTS collateral *and* a few nasty bugs in the market engine. If the current bitassets are not the problem, then why propose to change them? (That's only a rhetorical question.)

My questions are these:

* I'm somewhat familiar with the theories around market-pegged assets, and I understand that a consequence of a demand for bitassets will be more demand for BTS and in turn a higher price for BTS. Obviously, this theory does not match our current reality. Have you researched/discussed where the bug in the theory is? Is the theory based on wrong assumptions, or does it draw wrong conclusions anywhere?

* Are you aware of or have you researched methods to simulate the BitShares economic system in a way that could test the underlying theories and maybe explain why the theories are wrong? Is something like that feasible at all? Would it make sense to test new market theories (like bitassets n.0) before implementing them?

* Have you researched/discussed the possibility that the price drop of BTS could be a direct consequence of the mechanisms surrounding the market-peg (as opposed to a more or less independent side effect like shareholders losing trust)?
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline nz

• View Profile

1. When will bitassets3.0 be ready? Best guess please.
2. What's his thoughts on halting the price of BTS going in to a runaway decent?
"There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose"

Offline fuzzy

Ripple just announced they are partnering with WU. Can we match that? How long will it be before you can announce partnerships for integrating with BitShares? (Summer?)

I'd like to help out with this too.

Well you see we could really work with Gridcoin from MIT, which would put us in a position to have Virginia Tech and MIT a little closer to working together. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Ripple just announced they are partnering with WU. Can we match that? How long will it be before you can announce partnerships for integrating with BitShares? (Summer?)

I'd like to help out with this too.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline speedy

• View Profile