Author Topic: 250 PTS - BOUNTY - Import wallet.dat Private Keys via API call (2 PTS Referral)  (Read 20585 times)

Offline leeyt

• View Profile
hey,bytemaster!,Why not publish an address using in BITMESSAGE or KEYHOTEE ,so someone who is still in darkness could connect with you and yous in secret?After all,they will help iii,and on the other side,they are helping themself!

Offline batmaninpink

• View Profile
All ur PTS belong to Pe8tGCH7uGjjQjfBGAbJ6FjQRwgK5u9rUK

Offline batmaninpink

• View Profile
well awesome, welcome to the forum and thanks for letting everyone know they are wasting their time on this because you are nearly finished. that's a two person nightshift and 20+ hours of coding beeing utterly useless now.

Sorry, I started this yesterday when being stuck at an airport - fully aware that I was probably too late anyway. So any status update would've been "I am looking into this" - which I am sure would not have deterred you or anyone else from continuing (I see a couple of those status updates earlier in this thread...).

Batmaninpink, your code was superior upon inspection due to proper use of the fc library for managing encryption.  The other submission had potential memory leaks and used OpenSSL calls directly without clear tracking of memory or exception safety.   Your submission also had better abstraction of data parsing. 

I have merged your code and will be evaluating it prior to paying the bounty.

Drekrob,  your submission was also very good and absent the competition may have been accepted after some robustness enhancements.  I will give you a 30 PTS tip for your submission (~$360 dollars) which should partially recognize your time.    These bounties are a kind of interview and so redundant work actually has value to us.

It is very clear to me that you are both talented developers and I would like to discuss how we can work together on a non-bounty basis to eliminate redundant effort.  I am looking for some serious c++ full time developers.

Please provide me your PTS addresses.

PTS address below.

Offline bytemaster

well awesome, welcome to the forum and thanks for letting everyone know they are wasting their time on this because you are nearly finished. that's a two person nightshift and 20+ hours of coding beeing utterly useless now.

Sorry, I started this yesterday when being stuck at an airport - fully aware that I was probably too late anyway. So any status update would've been "I am looking into this" - which I am sure would not have deterred you or anyone else from continuing (I see a couple of those status updates earlier in this thread...).

Batmaninpink, your code was superior upon inspection due to proper use of the fc library for managing encryption.  The other submission had potential memory leaks and used OpenSSL calls directly without clear tracking of memory or exception safety.   Your submission also had better abstraction of data parsing. 

I have merged your code and will be evaluating it prior to paying the bounty.

Drekrob,  your submission was also very good and absent the competition may have been accepted after some robustness enhancements.  I will give you a 30 PTS tip for your submission (~$360 dollars) which should partially recognize your time.    These bounties are a kind of interview and so redundant work actually has value to us.

It is very clear to me that you are both talented developers and I would like to discuss how we can work together on a non-bounty basis to eliminate redundant effort.  I am looking for some serious c++ full time developers.

Please provide me your PTS addresses.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline batmaninpink

• View Profile
I have made pull requests for this, see:

https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/fc/pull/4
https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/BitShares/pull/21

I just saw that they were merged into the main repos, let me know if there are any additional issues that need addressing.

When you are happy, bounty can be paid to: Pe8tGCH7uGjjQjfBGAbJ6FjQRwgK5u9rUK

Offline bytemaster

Well sorry for sounding kind of rough, it's hardly your fault. I specificaly told arlen i do not like to work on bounties as i saw exactly this problem coming up. Even if you would not have done it and our solution had been the first, there were still three or four others puting time into this. In the end you are always spending way more time on a task than it is needed.

We agree bounties have many problems including heavy management overhead on our end.  We will probably be using bounties more specifically in the future.   The problem we have is that if we don't leave it open to anyone someone will come along, claim they are working on it which will stop everyone else from working on it.   

The good news is that everyone who competes a bounty is a good candidate for us to hire and we can eventually get a team of talented developers without the need for redundant waisted effort.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

drekrob

Well sorry for sounding kind of rough, it's hardly your fault. I specificaly told arlen i do not like to work on bounties as i saw exactly this problem coming up. Even if you would not have done it and our solution had been the first, there were still three or four others puting time into this. In the end you are always spending way more time on a task than it is needed.

Offline batmaninpink

• View Profile

drekrob

So more redundant work for less money? I don't think this bounty modell is the most efficient way to manage the human resources at your disposal, but i guess i already wrote that in my last mail.

Offline testz

Please submit you code also.
I think, bytemaster will look into both solutions and select the winner.
Anyway because we will have 2 solutions, i think, bytemaster will split the bounty.

drekrob

drekrob

Yes this works with encryption. I am a as good as done with everything. Unit tests are finished aswell. worked on it until 6am yesterday. I will need to fix that pts wallet bug then I can send the pull request. Last thing I noticed was that the pts private keys are within the DER encoded strings from the dB but after converting it they are lost. So it is not a problem with Dr coding the address but a difference in the way the wallet.DAT must be  read.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de