FYI, after every successful resync (after failure) and confirming that all is well, I close the bts client and navigate to the folder where the chain is stored and copy it to an external harddrive.
In case of a failure, I immediately close the client (which is attempting to redownload the entire chain from scratch) and go to this externally saved folder and then copy it back into the bts client folder.
When I reload it again, it should be synced back to the same point at which you saved/backed up the folder previously.
1. Have fully synced client running. Check all is well, then close the client.
2. Open the start menu, and search
3. When the folder opens, go to Roaming (you may already be in this folder straight from %appdata%)
4. Open the "BitShares" folder, and then right click and copy the "chain" folder. (Make sure you copy and don't cut it)
5. Paste the copied "chain" folder to an external harddrive, or elsewhere, My Documents etc
6. Rename the folder to "bts chain backup dd/mm" (day/month)
7. Open up bts again and it should load as before, normally.
8. If the client ever fails to download, find your "bts chain backup" folder, and copy it into the %appdata%/roaming/BitShares folder, replacing the existing "chain" folder.
9. Rename the newly copied folder from "bts backup" to "chain".
10. Keep a copy of the backup where you saved it before, in case it all fails again.