Author Topic: Dan is doing the right thing .. again!  (Read 24227 times)

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Are you kidding?  Why do rich kids dress ghetto?

the masses want to be rich but they identify with the poor.

Why is the DOGEcommunity cooler than we are?

It's all in the link I provided (yes, he says explicitly says the "w"-word).  Sociology  101 - try some
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

The death of the bitcoin clones has proven that you don't need many different blockchains in crypto, only as many as you have the basic political faction:

1. Bitcoin - a simple streamlined store of value for the masses
2. Ripple - the private sector's next generation crypto solution proposed by the villians
3. Dopecoin - a simple streamlined store of value for the youth
4. Darkcoin - a simple streamlined store of value for the heroes
5. BitShares - the public sector's next generation crypto solution proposed by the scientists & philosophers

and from there, you have your smaller factions.  Crypto is art imitating human political life.

I like your assessment. Now tell me. Where is Ethereum, MaidSAFE, and Shadowcoin in all of this mess?

Ethereum, NXT, XCP, Maidsafe are the Science or Tech faction
Shadowcoin,Monero,DASH are all the Hero faction

Who do you have in society?  The cops (heroes)(the "excellent man"), the robbers or upper class (takers)(the "mass man")(Ripple), the masses (BTC), the lower or broke class (DOGE), and the scientists who discover new tech / philosophers who discover new knowledge for all mankind

It's all here, Sociology 101

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THCF3w5jlVg&list=PLAD7F6C0959E5D201

Blockchain community development is predictably following the eternal legacy human sociological factions that have never changed throughout all of human history.  So yes, there should be at least 5 major blockchains representing the masses (BTC), nerds (BTS), rich (XRP), poor (DOGE), champion for the poor (DASH).

At first bitcoin was just the nerd faction, then when more people got BTC, clones appeared, and factions evolved.

I enjoyed the societal labels you gave each one... I wonder if they would agree with those assessments.

I guess in all of it there is just no room for the 'cool kids' .. only the nerds rule crypto eh? :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
The death of the bitcoin clones has proven that you don't need many different blockchains in crypto, only as many as you have the basic political faction:

2. Ripple - the private sector's next generation crypto solution proposed by the villians
5. BitShares - the public sector's next generation crypto solution proposed by the scientists & philosophers

and from there, you have your smaller factions.  Crypto is art imitating human political life.

I like your assessment. Now tell me. Where is Ethereum, MaidSAFE, and Shadowcoin in all of this mess?

Ethereum, NXT, XCP, Maidsafe are the Science or Tech faction
Shadowcoin,Monero,DASH are all the Hero faction

Who do you have in society?  The cops (heroes)(the "excellent man"), the robbers or upper class (takers)(the "mass man")(Ripple), the masses (BTC), the lower or broke class (DOGE), and the scientists who discover new tech / philosophers who discover new knowledge for all mankind

It's all here, Sociology 101

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THCF3w5jlVg&list=PLAD7F6C0959E5D201

Blockchain community development is predictably following the eternal legacy human sociological factions that have never changed throughout history.  So yes, there should be at least 5 major blockchains representing the masses (BTC), nerds (BTS), rich (XRP), poor (DOGE), champion for the poor (DASH).

There has never been another unique social / political faction throughout history simply because you are inherently good or evil, and since people react to being treated good the same way, but react to being treated bad differently, you have those who fight back (man vs man), and the sheep who do not.  That is 4 factions.  the 5th faction - science / tech is born of man's desire to live and overcome the primitive way of life (man vs nature).

At first bitcoin was just the nerd faction, then when more people got BTC, clones appeared, and factions evolved.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 03:00:12 pm by Erlich Bachman »
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline VoR0220

Ethereum: academical experiment with huge possibilities
maidsafe: the IT nerds, and backup gurus
shadowcoin: stealth addresses are possible with mostly ANY of the blockchain based system .. no need to have them on a separated blockchain .. what else does it do?

I guess I always liked it because it implemented ring signatures as well as Zero Knowledge Proof...IDK....I like it. The security approach is a good one IMO.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Ethereum: academical experiment with huge possibilities
maidsafe: the IT nerds, and backup gurus
shadowcoin: stealth addresses are possible with mostly ANY of the blockchain based system .. no need to have them on a separated blockchain .. what else does it do?

Offline VoR0220

Newmine, how much would BTS benefit if a competitor stole the "free" code?   
compromising the future of the entire project by making the software proprietary in some way.

Yes, absolutely, in a way that makes it silly to reinvent the public smartchain but profitable to build apps and merge with it.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline JoeyD

[Many many quotes]

Check your formatting.

Are you saying Bitshares wins because you've sold stuff? Wtf?

I think he meant The Stuff referring to fossil fuels as opposed to better alternatives. And he was questioning how  bitshares would "win" over more convenient centralized solutions, similar on how the more eco-friendly solutions would win over fossil fuels if the majority of the world doesn't give two shits about one solution being better for them in the long run.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 06:58:39 am by JoeyD »

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
You don't get it. You are worried about the crypto-community. We are building this for 99.999% of the population who don't know and may never know what crypto is. But they will still be able to enjoy the benefits of what crypto brings.

Exactly what I have been telling people.

yes.  +5% +5% +5% +5% +5%

... the gamers do not even have to understand cryptocurrencies, they are biz as usual but now using them and not even knowing.

People do not care about how a cell phone works, they just wanna snapchat dick pics. 

Likewise, explaining crypto to them is pointless, turn crypto into things they are familiar with and they will use it.

If  99.999% of the population won't understand or value decentralisation, doesn't that mean you're better off making a private centralised Cryptonomex blockchain which will be cheaper to run and which you and the developers have a much larger stake in?

Just because they don't understand why doesn't make it any less important to do it that way.  Alot of people don't understand the dangers of burning fossil fuels but that doesn't make renewable energy any less important to have.

YES - proven through the millions of dollars of STUFF I have sold to people over the last few years.

Which fuel do most customers buy? I assume the one that is the cheapest & sold to them at a convenient location.

If a private Cryptonomex blockchain is cheaper to operate (more competitive) and the developers have a much larger stake in it (more incentive) & you and murderistic believe 99.999% of potential customers won't care or understand which blockchain they're using. Then BitShares wins because...?

Check your formatting.

Are you saying Bitshares wins because you've sold stuff? Wtf?

Offline yellowecho

^ I'm curious about this too
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
You don't get it. You are worried about the crypto-community. We are building this for 99.999% of the population who don't know and may never know what crypto is. But they will still be able to enjoy the benefits of what crypto brings.

... the gamers do not even have to understand cryptocurrencies, they are biz as usual but now using them and not even knowing.

People do not care about how a cell phone works, they just wanna snapchat dick pics. 

Likewise, explaining crypto to them is pointless, turn crypto into things they are familiar with and they will use it.

If  99.999% of the population won't understand or value decentralisation, doesn't that mean you're better off making a private centralised Cryptonomex blockchain which will be cheaper to run and which you and the developers have a much larger stake in?

Just because they don't understand why doesn't make it any less important to do it that way.  Alot of people don't understand the dangers of burning fossil fuels but that doesn't make renewable energy any less important to have.

YES - proven through the millions of dollars of STUFF I have sold to people over the last few years.

Which fuel do most customers buy? I assume the one that is the cheapest & sold to them at a convenient location.

If a private Cryptonomex blockchain is cheaper to operate (more competitive) and the developers have a much larger stake in it (more incentive) & you and murderistic believe 99.999% of potential customers won't care or understand which blockchain they're using. Then BitShares wins because...?

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

If Joe Six Pack needs to understand crypto to "use" Bitshares we've failed. He should know as much about crypto as he knows about the underlying protocols used by Visa/MasterCard. Or for a more sophisticated crowed that trades on Scottrade, or any other centralized site, they do not have to know how the back end ledger is implemented.

I am also very happy to see this departure from trying to appease the crypto community. They are small, and close minded. There are bigger fish to fry.
Amen +5%

Offline Riverhead

If Joe Six Pack needs to understand crypto to "use" Bitshares we've failed. He should know as much about crypto as he knows about the underlying protocols used by Visa/MasterCard. Or for a more sophisticated crowed that trades on Scottrade, or any other centralized site, they do not have to know how the back end ledger is implemented.

I am also very happy to see this departure from trying to appease the crypto community. They are small, and close minded. There are bigger fish to fry.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 11:51:00 am by Riverhead »

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Pheonike

Offline wallace

• View Profile

people don't understand TCPIP doesn't mean people don't know how internet works
people don't understand crypto technology doesn't mean people don't know decentralization means what
give me money, I will do...