Author Topic: Announcing Brownie Points (BROWNIE.PTS)  (Read 68813 times)

Offline brownie.pts

• HUGS.
    • View Profile
Re: Announcing Brownie Points (BROWNIE.PTS)
« Reply #225 on: July 31, 2015, 04:35:14 pm »
Preferably they would go to a well known bitsharestalk member.

let me know if i can help/escrow on this ...

Cass, you've got my little chocolate heart in escrow. Thanks for everything! BIG HUG.
I Appreciate YOU

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 31, 2015, 05:42:09 pm »
Preferably they would go to a well known bitsharestalk member.

let me know if i can help/escrow on this ...

Cass, you've got my little chocolate heart in escrow. Thanks for everything! BIG HUG.

:-*
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline CalabiYau

« Reply #227 on: August 01, 2015, 07:49:45 am »
Churning through the early altcoin crypto-clutter, reading the BTSX whitepaper
caused the second piloerection after BTC. Investing & participating only if the people involved
seems to have the right qualities & attitudes.

- Convinced by the whitepaper (Sent some BTC to the author to appreciate the efforts  ::) )

- Keyhotee Founder, PTS Miner, AGS Donator

- Going through the Keyhotee Versions, helping chasing the bugs

- Going through the BTSX/BTS Versions with a delegate on Linux.
- Going through the BTSX/BTS Versions with wallets on Windows, helping chasing the bugs,
  loosing time & some money of course.

- Running a delegate with reliability goals, aka babysitting servers on holidays, even at night
  (in the early days  ;))

- Spreading the word about BTS-potential here in Switzerland among my friends and
  technically literate companions. Some of them are invested in this venture - so don`t let me
  down.

- Invested time and money in a project that hopefully will use BITUSD & BITEUR as soon
  as an API for Graphene is  available.

- Having learned so much I feel already rewarded enough, but thank you anyway for some
  appreciation. 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 08:57:21 am by CalabiYau »

38PTSWarrior

« Reply #228 on: August 01, 2015, 09:38:15 am »
I think I have caught up with people on this thread.  If you think I may have missed you let me know.  It certainly wasn't intentional.

BTS: thirtyeightptswarrior

-, posters
-flyers
- youtube vids
- streetmarketing ssince2013
- 4 hhoday a day

Tapatalk broken

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
« Reply #229 on: August 12, 2015, 09:14:08 pm »
ok, i am in!

1. member since .... i have to check .... it is December 14, 2013, 08:56:12 PM
2. average post count is 1.822 per day or 1104 in total
3. i created the twitter account bitshareshub : https://twitter.com/bitshareshub and posting regularly bitshares content on it (774 Followers)
4. i created the google+ community : https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/104193073958834457881 (147 members) - posting interesting content
5. i funded the delegate for monsterer; who led to the open-source code of metaexchange
6. this delegate funding led to a partnership with monsterer in running www.metaexchange.info as a active, useable BTS and bitAsset bridge into BTC without the need of registration (like shapeshift)
7. i cannot attend the mumble sessions because i am not at home at this time, but i am one of the first 5 people listening on soundcloud
8. i am a active trading member of the internal exchange in the daily fight to make money for me and get the peg closer
9. sometimes i am on reddit
10. since a couple of weeks moderator of the "Project" board

this is most of my activity since i am spending my time with the BitShares Community

Offline D4vegee

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 12, 2015, 09:30:21 pm »
Can i join the brownie club please? I trade daily in the internal exchange (if that helps). + 'donated' heavily into AGS!

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 12, 2015, 10:46:38 pm »
BM told me you had been paid sumantso, so he probably just typoed your account name, if it is true that you did not get any.

As I have mentioned earlier, my concern is independent of my personal brownie pt holdings. If you see my post above you will see what the issue is IMO (I raised it since the first day). Anyways this is not the topic for that discussion.

You mean this?  :)

I may reward them (or not) as I see fit, in the amounts I see fit, for the reasons I see fit.   I may also seize brownie points from any account if you fall out of favor and anyone who complains in any way about how Brownie Points are issued or how I use Brownie Points is certainly not in my favor and may lose any Brownie Points they have earned.

Personally my knee hurts.

If you want to take the island burn the boats

sumantso

« Reply #232 on: August 12, 2015, 11:07:42 pm »
BM told me you had been paid sumantso, so he probably just typoed your account name, if it is true that you did not get any.

As I have mentioned earlier, my concern is independent of my personal brownie pt holdings. If you see my post above you will see what the issue is IMO (I raised it since the first day). Anyways this is not the topic for that discussion.

You mean this?  :)

I may reward them (or not) as I see fit, in the amounts I see fit, for the reasons I see fit.   I may also seize brownie points from any account if you fall out of favor and anyone who complains in any way about how Brownie Points are issued or how I use Brownie Points is certainly not in my favor and may lose any Brownie Points they have earned.

Personally my knee hurts.

*quickly goes about deleting all anti-brownie posts*

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
« Reply #233 on: August 12, 2015, 11:14:31 pm »
Guess I may as well try getting in on this…I’ve been a member of this fine community for over a year now. Never once sold my BTS. Bought way too many during the August/September rush last year. Like to come here and on mumble now and again to give my input. Still have extremely high hopes for BTS’ future. Any and all brownie action is appreciated.

Thanks bm!
ID: nomoreheroes7

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #234 on: August 12, 2015, 11:27:27 pm »
I can't think of a better criteria for who should get a share than those who helped build the ecosystem.
The challenge is in determining how helpful each someone has been to the cause.
This is inherently subjective in any application where there is a wide range of ways in which supporters contribute.
There is no pre-defined formula that is sufficiently complete.

Managers seeking to acknowledge contributors to their mission always have this problem.
The brownie method is more open and quantitative than most performance reviews I have had in my career.

In the end, such things don't have to meet any criteria other than what suits the giver of the gift.
In this case, Underwood decided that Bytemaster's thank you note system was as good a metric as any.

Parable of the Generous Employer

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
« Reply #235 on: August 12, 2015, 11:51:58 pm »
You will want to make sure you claim your BROWNIE.PTS because it would just be rude to refuse the BROWNIE.PTS and one day you may regret it; Karma can be a Bitch.

I delayed making this post because it's a little embarrassing to compare the paltry amount of value I've added, with the achievements of many others around here. Nevertheless, I don't want to miss out on whatever amount of brownies might be deemed suitable for my relatively limited contribution.

I've prioritised BitShares (after family life and employment) during any time I can scrounge together. Bearing in mind I have no technical background, here is an overview of my general approach towards BitShares over the last couple of years.

• Bought Protoshares when they were expensive!
  • Joined forum and donated to AGS in Feb 2014.
  • Put a lot of time into learning from others about BitShares and related subjects, so I can gradually increase my contribution to the community.
  • Tried to be constructive, helpful and positive on this forum.
  • Encouraged people around me to look into BitShares.
  • Remained a 'strong hand' w.r.t. all things BitShares.

Here are examples of my attempts at being constructive on this forum:

I think I can stop scraping the barrel now - there are no more brownie crumbs in here for me!! :-[
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mint chocolate chip

« Reply #236 on: August 13, 2015, 12:21:30 am »
Posted earlier in this thread https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,17354.msg221131.html#msg221131 and was hoping I was overlooked as I have not received any brownies, I made some edits to the original post to include a few other things I have been apart of over the past 20 months.

But I have to emphasize that I started doing this....
We need to really take over google and to do that we need a lot of blog articles talking about what is going on.   Content needs to stay FRESH and be updated daily to maximize rankings.    More instructions will follow as we hear from our partners, but I would like to look for people who feel they can write something brief... perhaps 3 or 4 paragraphs per day about something related to this industry and include links to us. 

This will serve two purposes... SEO and helping those who want to follow us stay up to speed.
before you even asked on my bitsharesmarket.com site with links and information for BTSX, VOTE, DNS, PLAY and all the other ideas...

and really took it to another level at bitsharesblog.com with updates on topics and links to partners that include: bitshares.org, the client download, delegate toast being hired by blockchain, BitShares Blocks, marketing including John Underwood, BTC38, Sparkle, CoinGecko, BitSharesTV, Bytemaster's Blog, DevShares, DPOS, I3, BitShares development objectives, AboutBTS, Daniel Larimer interviews on BitSharesTV and Let's Talk Bitcoin, BitShares Login, Yield, competitors, Delegates of the Month, Cryptofresh, Shape Shift, r/BitShares, Mine BitShares, Bter, light wallet release, web wallet release, Beyond Bitcoin Show, Tri-Fold brochure, NOTE, Moonstone crowdfunding,  NullStreet Journals, DacX, Infographics, Getting started, market cap, BitShares 2.0 announcement, CCEDK, Banx Capital, NanoCard, Max Keiser, Lime Wallet and more.

I have never received a single donation or any delegate pay for any of these efforts, and hope that my contributions warrant some brownies. Thanks bts: bitsharesblog

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
« Reply #237 on: August 13, 2015, 03:38:01 am »
I think I have caught up with people on this thread.  If you think I may have missed you let me know.  It certainly wasn't intentional.

Never received brownie points from this thread. Although I did receive the brownie points from the mumble session.

Some of my posts and contributions going back to 2013 will be included for review. In most cases I contributed to the idea space, in other cases I brought other developers to the community, attempted mergers, helped generate the social consensus license, and some ideas like the bounty coin/bounty exchange platform and others which people may not have paid a lot of attention to, brought to the attention of the Bitshares community "Cooperative Proof of Stake" which led to Fuzzy interviewing Stephen Reed, which had an impact on DPOS,  corrected spelling errors on website, coined the term "sharedrop" form instead of airdrop which was in my opinion not a good frame. I also helped to bring Crypti over to DPOS.

Some attempts failed, such as Blackshares merger failed, but a lot was gained from the discussion. Virtual mining is probably the most tangible and easy to measure, and I think in the long term minebitshares will make Bitshares 2.0 very easy to market to people who know PoW.

Examples:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=3587.0
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,1413.msg15246.html#msg15246
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,4306.msg54135.html#msg54135
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,4643.msg58797.html#msg58797
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,4087.msg51096.html#msg51096

All topics I've started from the beginning:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=topics;u=258

Feel free to give what you think my efforts are worth.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 03:39:37 am by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 13, 2015, 03:45:43 am »
I asked you to donate my Brownie Pts to charity, but damn it, I want some now. If you haven't given mine away yet, I'll take a few (donate most of them to charity myself and play around with the remainder). Thanks!

BTS: platinum

sumantso

« Reply #239 on: August 13, 2015, 03:56:04 am »

Btw, if Brownie pts simply remained as a token to be played with and provided with small incentives. Making it a sharedrop target equivalent to BTS is insane; especially if you consider the ad-hoc and whimsical nature of its distribution.