Author Topic: The BTS 2.0 partnership program - how does it work?  (Read 2415 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Is there any draft of what it's going to look like after September 8th?
Not that I know of ..

jakub

Just to make sure I understand it correctly.
Let's assume I wanted to launch a decentralized exchange in the BTS ecosystem and host my customers' BTS wallets on my server.
Can I safely assume that once the 2.0 is released all the software infrastructure is for me to grab for free and I won't need to write a single line of code?
(obviously except the code for handling the on-ramp and off-ramp for my customers' fiat payments)
The current licensing model can be found here:
https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene-ui/blob/master/LICENSE.txt
Yes, but obviously I'm more interested in future licensing model.
Is there any draft of what it's going to look like after September 8th?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Let's assume I wanted to launch a decentralized exchange in the BTS ecosystem and host my customers' BTS wallets on my server.
Can I safely assume that once the 2.0 is released all the software infrastructure is for me to grab for free and I won't need to write a single line of code?
(obviously except the code for handling the on-ramp and off-ramp for my customers' fiat payments)
The current licensing model can be found here:
https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene-ui/blob/master/LICENSE.txt

jakub

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Do I pay anything to CNX or do I get to use the decentralized exchange and hosted wallet platform for free?

...... they get paid for their work on the code.
that includes the web wallet AFAIK!

the bitshares.org wallet? there will be several web wallets :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Do I pay anything to CNX or do I get to use the decentralized exchange and hosted wallet platform for free?

...... they get paid for their work on the code.
that includes the web wallet AFAIK!

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

the affiliate system is sustained and decentralized by and on the blockchain. CNX doesn't get paid for use of wallets, they get paid for their work on the code.

jakub

all you have to do is make people register via a faucet that's participating in the affiliate program. bitshares.org faucet will share 50% per referral with you for example.

I'm sure moonstone and ccedk will offer the same, probably with better conditions

question: if I pay for a the registration, does that make me referrer and registrar? do I get 100% of my referral? @bytemaster
Thank you, fav.
I modified my OP so now only one question remains: what are the conditions of becoming a BTS partner (like CCEDK)?

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
all you have to do is make people register via a faucet that's participating in the affiliate program. bitshares.org faucet will share 50% per referral with you for example.

I'm sure moonstone and ccedk will offer the same, probably with better conditions

question: if I pay for a the registration, does that make me referrer and registrar? do I get 100% of my referral? @bytemaster
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 10:32:26 am by fav »

jakub

The referral program is described here
https://bitshares.org/referral-program/
and it is quite clear to me.

But I cannot find any similar documentation regarding the affiliate program (assuming there is such a program). becoming a BTS 2.0 partner (i.e. like CCEDK or Banx).

I have these questions (please forgive me if they are stupid):
1. Is the partnership between BTS and CCEDK/Banx part of the affiliate program?
2. Do I need to sign a deal with CNX and pay anyhing to become a BTS affiliate partner (i.e. like CCEDK or Banx)?
3. If my company becomes a BTS affiliate (i.e. like CCEDK or Banx) - is it the case that I get the right to use the BTS 2.0 platform for decentralized exchange and hosted wallets but in return my referral income is halved? Is so, who do I share the referral income with: the BTS blockchain or CNX?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 10:35:21 am by jakub »