Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Support Forum Tipping  (Read 2578 times)

Offline toast

Support Forum Tipping
« on: January 02, 2014, 08:46:55 PM »

The support staff has a daily allowance of 10 PTS to award to anyone who provides help in this subforum.

I will use this thread to record payments as well as receive feedback about tipping. At the moment there are no concrete rules or procedures, I will simply award tips at my discretion. You can track our spending by monitoring this address:

https://coinplorer.com/PTS/Addresses/PhELPjyeugKnTEsMwBpnFQ6E8nZUR9CxzQ

---
edit: 1/2/2014
I don't think keeping track of individual threads is a scalable solution. The first problem is that multiple people could help per thread, and suggested solutions are often as valuable as the one that ends up getting it right. The second problem is that for some threads it is not clear if the problem is still unresolved or if the OP just hasn't responded.

For now, I will just use my best judgement. I welcome feedback. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you think I missed a significant instance of someone being helpful.
---
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 05:56:51 AM by toast »
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bytemaster

Re: Support Forum Tipping
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 08:53:10 PM »
The support staff has a daily allowance of 10 PTS to award to anyone who provides help in this subforum.

I will use this thread to record payments as well as receive feedback about tipping. At the moment there are no concrete rules or procedures, I will simply award tips at my discretion. You can track our spending by monitoring this address:

https://coinplorer.com/PTS/Addresses/PhELPjyeugKnTEsMwBpnFQ6E8nZUR9CxzQ

For simplicity, please include your PTS address in your signature so that toast knows who to tip for your post.
Toast should maintain a public ledger with links to every post he tips and the amount of the tip.
Toast is also allowed to tip himself so long as it is reasonable. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 09:22:34 PM »
For those that need help, Pm me or just post, i'll be sure to respond. If you wish to speak directly add me on skype "barwizi". I am always online, either mobile or at my desk.
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline ralphte

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 09:28:46 PM »
This sounds good. A very interesting way to support a timely support forum.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BTS: xiaoshan
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 09:51:50 PM »
I will be pleased to share my experience with anyone from China and isn't able to understand English very well. PM me if needed.
有说中文的朋友,如果有问题可以PM我,我会很乐意解答
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 11:33:04 PM by ripplexiaoshan »
BTS ID:xiaoshan

Offline toast

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 11:06:34 PM »
I am awarding 1 PTS to myself for this thread:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1902.0

Feedback time! Is this a good amount? I see 2 or 3 of this difficulty of support question per day (something a techie could find on google). Awarding 1 PTS will allow us to save up and award more for more difficult problems.

edit: Perhaps I should wait until the end of each day to award tips, to match the tip amount to the support volume.
edit 2: ok, ignore this post. I will issue payouts at the end of the day once we get more stuff figured out.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 11:59:35 PM by toast »
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline arcke

• View Profile
    • Diaspora
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 11:12:46 PM »
Maybe split it up at the end of the day. This way the 10 daily PTS will never fall short.
OpenPGP: 0x22d7e9cc35375665
PTS - PawnbhoiXhmkrKJEPAsCiwkpP81nRXJGTD
Diaspora profile - https://pod.orkz.net/u/arcke

Offline hasher

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 11:16:25 PM »
im in, but on volunteer base, without tight schedule.)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 11:18:01 PM by hasher »

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 11:22:01 PM »
I also answered 4 or 5 questions in this sub forum https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=4.0

I propose that we distribute all the subforums to the volunteers firstly,like forum moderator, so that each volunteer are responsible for all the questions in that particular sub forum.  Then the total PTS can be given depending on the workload. We may shift now and then, cause the subforums are not evenly popular.   

Offline arcke

• View Profile
    • Diaspora
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 11:26:51 PM »
I have the feeling most of us who can deliver support do so on any board. When I am capabale of answering anothers question I generally do so to the best of my ability. For now I think it is best if we all pick up issues on all the boards as they appear instead of restricting ourselves to specific boards.
OpenPGP: 0x22d7e9cc35375665
PTS - PawnbhoiXhmkrKJEPAsCiwkpP81nRXJGTD
Diaspora profile - https://pod.orkz.net/u/arcke

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 11:39:17 PM »
Good suggestion, but then how we can evaluate the work quality of each volunteer? If we have to post the link here to prove we helped people every time, that will be very annoying, especially when more and more members and questions emerge. I like answering questions, but I prefer making it a volunteer-tip way instead of work-paid way.

I have the feeling most of us who can deliver support do so on any board. When I am capabale of answering anothers question I generally do so to the best of my ability. For now I think it is best if we all pick up issues on all the boards as they appear instead of restricting ourselves to specific boards.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 11:40:04 PM »

I agree, I created this board more for people who have questions.  You can and should support everyone everywhere everytime and moderators should move new topics that are technical support requests to this thread to help out.   
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 11:41:51 PM »
The customer here are the poor people coming to our forum for help.  We need to adapt to them and not expect them to adapt to us.   

Offline toast

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 11:43:57 PM »
The only applicable boards are the foreign language boards. Any english support threads will be moved to Technical Support, assuming amazon is ok with giving me global mod.

Since I can only understand Russian and Spanish I'll need help with checking the status of support threads in other languages (for example, I need to know which of ripplexiaoshan's support threads have been resolved and which haven't).

I think we should keep funds in one help address rather than splitting funds up preemptively for subforums. This unfortunately means that foreign language boards will have to keep me posted about various support threads. This can be made less annoying by reporting threads in batches, maybe groups of 4-5.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 11:59:17 PM »
I agree, any technical post here will be guaranteed to be answered. Is it possible that questions in other sub forums be moved to here without affecting the questioner? So that similar answers can be the reference for later people. If so, who has the permission?   

I agree, I created this board more for people who have questions.  You can and should support everyone everywhere everytime and moderators should move new topics that are technical support requests to this thread to help out.

Google+