Author Topic: Identifying BitShares Community Cornerstones  (Read 5938 times)

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
I know delulu in person and he has constantly spammed me with bitshares since early 2014, I wasn't listening at the time. Finally in August 2014, I decided to take a closer look and was overwhelmed. I'm a long term BTS holder since that day and I don't regret anything :)
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline fuzzy

Please don't forget to add anyone to this who you feel has made you a long-term holder of bts!  we need help to recognize these people so anyone can join in and add people.  All I ask is that you try to remain on topic and focus on those who have made your stay in bts' ecosystem amazing :)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

@data who is someone else you think should be acknowledged? I am sure your name will come up (cough cough, in the op :P) so there is no need to plug here. Trust me this is only "phase one" and you are already on the list :P
Also the creator and maintainer of bitsharesblog who was dooling out the witnesses of the months awards and who has had an eye on everything going on since day one:

mint chocolate chip (used to be bitsharesblog)
Appreciate it @DataSecurityNode

Productive people support..  +5%
Feels good to be acknowledged, because you dont get it nearly enough.  Most of you dont.  That is why we are doing this ;)

Offline mint chocolate chip

@data who is someone else you think should be acknowledged? I am sure your name will come up (cough cough, in the op :P) so there is no need to plug here. Trust me this is only "phase one" and you are already on the list :P
Also the creator and maintainer of bitsharesblog who was dooling out the witnesses of the months awards and who has had an eye on everything going on since day one:

Appreciate it @DataSecurityNode

Offline fuzzy

I think we're lucky to have so many talent people here. However, i think we need a slow and stable transition away from BM. We dont want to have any perceived upheaval and abandonment of the project. We need stability.

it is definitely something we should do slowly and I have no doubts bm will not be "leaving". 

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

I think we're lucky to have so many talent people here. However, i think we need a slow and stable transition away from BM. We dont want to have any perceived upheaval and abandonment of the project. We need stability.

Offline Thom

I love this thread!

The names mentioned here are quite valuable, thank you to everyone for your contribution.

Speaking for myself I like to see not only the names but also why people chose them. Not only does that give me more information about the person suggested which is important, it also provides insight about the person making the suggestion. I find it much more useful that the names by themselves.

If you don't know the person being suggested the name has limited value, even less if you don't know either poster and who they suggested. By providing reasons why you suggested them provides insight into both people and also helps newbies to this community.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
starspirit. He has given valuable input many times.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

Fuzzy, I'm sorry for not adhering to the format again!  ;D

Beginning to think that part is a losing battle.   :o

All these amazing people on our forums...are also amazingly stubborn :P

Might try to be more careful putting "rules" into these posts from now on and just have "suggestions". :/
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 07:01:40 pm by fuzzy »

jakub

luckybit, b/c he is a rational thinker who contributes much originality of thought to this community, who has shown quality in his assessment of various issues and helps to push the BitShares technology towards innovation by exploring issues at a deeper level.
Definitely luckybit - for offering a great insight regarding various technologies.
And bitmarket (Max Wright) - for great insight regarding sales perspective.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
I thought long and hard before posting. Fuzzy's desire to strengthen this community and to acknowledge the many people who have committed their time, capital and brain power is deeply inspiring.  There are so many contributing their skills and effort that any startup company or community would be filled to the brim with excitement for the future given the levels of commitment, technical competency, morality and creativity that is displayed by literally hundreds of people. We come from all over the planet and have chosen for a myriad of reasons to throw in with each other to build something that may well change the outlook for the human race forever. This was never going to be easy. We have diverse cultures, backgrounds and philosophies but we are united in our respect for the bitcoin protocol with all its potential and the idea that the world can be a better place for everyone.

I have enormous respect for everyone who has worked so hard to get us this far. Their passion and drive, productivity, willingness to support, to test the tech, to debate, to test new ideas, to reach out to the rest of the world is mind-blowing. We are never going to agree on everything and yet somehow the spectrum of opinion, gradually sometimes, rapidly at others, moves us inexorably closer to our goals. It honestly chokes me up to feel connected to so many from all corners of the world and to think how much we have in common. I just don't know how Bitshares could possibly fail.

Fuzzy, I'm sorry for not adhering to the format again!  ;D

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Wasn't a plug so much as a validation.. we are just naming off people, many of whom may have no desire whatsoever to be a committee member.. so I think its important for those that might consider it to make it known, otherwise we are just creating a phantom list.

So.. a lot of the community has already been mentioned here, but I think someone who might be interested in the markets aspect of bitshares:

Ander

Then there is the obvious choice that is exactly whom bytemaster was referring to today.. businesses that have an active interest in bitshares:

ccedk

I will be joining these ranks quite soon as well as mentioned.

There are others I would consider as well, however, many of them are already witnesses, and among them there is a general sentiment that there should not be witnesses as committee members because of conflict of interest. However, puppy has put in for his membership and stated clearly he will abstain from voting on matters related to witness pay.. which I think sets a fine precedent for witnesses to be there also. There is only the added liability they bring upon themselves of course. If I were to include them as well a few more that come to mind are:

wachou
xendal
bitcube

That's about it off the top of my head.. as I said, if they don't plan on it, then the list might just be an aggravation to some. I also caution us taking up similar approaches to our sharocracy as we have seen happen in current political systems today. eg. the notion of nomination.. parties.. campaigning. We have an opportunity to rediscover new ways to manage  and lead this global endevour.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 08:08:52 am by DataSecurityNode »
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

Offline phillyguy

Another name that sprung to mind - Ben Mason

He is worthy of consideration not only for his solid perspective of the mission and core principles BitShares is based on, but also b/c he is cool, rational and very respectful in his interactions here in the forum.

+5% agreed. Ben has changed my perspective on an issue numerous times, even when I'm not commenting and just reading from afar.

Really every name on this list so far has made invaluable contributions to BitShares and the community - I even feel that way about Ken, who I didn't take seriously at first but who has demonstrated impressive sweat equity - coordinating translations, offering bounties, pitching the product etc - kudos to all of you.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Thom

Another name that sprung to mind - Ben Mason

He is worthy of consideration not only for his solid perspective of the mission and core principles BitShares is based on, but also b/c he is cool, rational and very respectful in his interactions here in the forum.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html