Author Topic: OPENPOS :: Smartcoins Point Of Sale (POS) & BitShares Wallet for Android/iPhone  (Read 44961 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
THIS IS IT!!
This is the official beta of the BitShares Wallet for Android. I am going to leave the word "beta" on here even though we have not had a single problem with it, even across all the alpha releases, just minor UI stuff which we cleaned up.

I created my AppleID today and enrolled in the Apple Developer Program, paid the 99€ so that we can upload the wallet and get it to the masses (IN 22 LANGUAGES TOO!). I hear it can take a couple of months for them to approve new apps for their app stores but nonetheless, you will now see the BitShares Wallet in the google play, apple, windows and f-droid app stores very soon.

This is the final version that you will see for a while. All of the alphas have worked great, no losses or bugs have been found (but of course only keep funds in a wallet that you can afford to lose). Nonetheless, I think you'll like it, we have not had a single issue.
What's next?
v1.1 will come in a few weeks. We are going to try to improve reading of the (very dense) QR codes, implement a callback feature so that the POS systems are notified the moment a payment is received, implement Rewards Card functionality with the POS systems, the new Overdraft Protection feature will be implemented (in case you don't have enough funds, you can set the wallet to auto-draw from other balances (thanks to Blocktrades!)) and a few more translations, etc.
v1.2 will give you the ability to set preferred API Connection (wss) in App Settings, allow upsizing your account to LTM, and run MUCH faster (right now each block is around 200K I think, eating cpu and bandwidth).

If funds allow (please support the OPENPOS token!)...
v2.0 will implement the Finder screen, local trading, maps api, Meetups api, etc.
v3.0 will implement the basic Exchange screen (will probably use highcharts or metatrader style for mobile)

Please spread the word, this is it!!

Distribute the file, link to it, email it to your friends overseas, Tweet it, host a local Meetup... IT'S TIME!! :D
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 02:28:22 pm by kenCode »
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Telegram/Keybase: @Agorise - Github: https://github.com/Agorise

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
font is too small for phone

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

funny, I was just thinking the same thing last night. In v1.1 I will definitely enlarge things a bit and make the layout a bit cleaner. If OPENPOS funds allow, I would like to implement google material design principles too. The screen you are looking at right now is the one that I designed and obviously I am no designer, so I want to get my ui/ux people busy on that.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Hey, nice job! Put a link to download on front page at bitshares-munich.de.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Hey, nice job! Put a link to download on front page at bitshares-munich.de.

Thanx! 
We'll get our new site up in a couple weeks with that and a lot more... :)

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2

funny, I was just thinking the same thing last night. In v1.1 I will definitely enlarge things a bit and make the layout a bit cleaner. If OPENPOS funds allow, I would like to implement google material design principles too. The screen you are looking at right now is the one that I designed and obviously I am no designer, so I want to get my ui/ux people busy on that.

[member=30868]kenCode[/member] - The important thing is that you have made tremendous progress and the wallet works!   As I'm sure you know, having someone polish up the UI is the relatively easy part, but of course will go a long way toward turning this into a very professional looking product that can attract new users and generally have a very additive effect on the ecosystem. 

Speaking of the interface, what is your timeline for providing a simple UI for your wallet users to convert BTS to BitAssets and vice versa?  I'm thinking something along the lines of coinbase where they enable the user to either a) enter how much bitcoin they want to to buy and then it shows them how much it would cost them at the current price, or b) enter how much they would like to spend on bitcoin, and then it shows them how much bitcoin they can buy with that budget at the current price. 

Having such a simplified interface to exchange assets within your mobile wallet would be absolutely killer.  Although of course for it to be completely useful to both your wallet users and merchants alike, we need to have A LOT more BitAssets created.  With that in mind, what are your thoughts about [member=32211]Empirical1.2[/member]'s very interesting ideas to incentivize the creation of large quantities of BitAssets?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

[member=30868]kenCode[/member] - The important thing is that you have made tremendous progress and the wallet works!   As I'm sure you know, having someone polish up the UI is the relatively easy part, but of course will go a long way toward turning this into a very professional looking product that can attract new users and generally have a very additive effect on the ecosystem. 

Speaking of the interface, what is your timeline for providing a simple UI for your wallet users to convert BTS to BitAssets and vice versa?  I'm thinking something along the lines of coinbase where they enable the user to either a) enter how much bitcoin they want to to buy and then it shows them how much it would cost them at the current price, or b) enter how much they would like to spend on bitcoin, and then it shows them how much bitcoin they can buy with that budget at the current price. 

Having such a simplified interface to exchange assets within your mobile wallet would be absolutely killer.  Although of course for it to be completely useful to both your wallet users and merchants alike, we need to have A LOT more BitAssets created.  With that in mind, what are your thoughts about [member=32211]Empirical1.2[/member]'s very interesting ideas to incentivize the creation of large quantities of BitAssets?

Thanx tbone, yeah I admit, I am no UI guy. If funding will allow then I will have a professional material design ui replace the one I have in there now. The layout can stay pretty much the same, but make it look a LOT cleaner. We also need to get those block sizes down so the wallet will speed up. Right now it's slow as shit and bugs the hell out of me. Anyway, I have plenty of gripes, just see my post above in the whats next section.

The Exchange screen will cover your second question, but we do not have the funding for that. I am hoping our market cap will go up a bit to give us the money we need for v2.0, v3.0 and beyond. Right now, my biggest focus is to get the wallet to v1.1 and v1.2 (we do have the funding for that) and get the POS systems launched. The way it looks right now, we can launch both in just a couple more weeks. Odoo is just about done, but I want to add a couple features to the wallet and POS before I release those apps. Again, see my whats next section above.

As for Empirical's ideas for bitassets, I have not had time to read every post here, so let's hope Smartcoins take off. These POS systems and mobile wallet are just the start for bringing in real utility for the masses.

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THE OPENPOS TOKEN THANK YOU :) 

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
We also need to get those block sizes down so the wallet will speed up. Right now it's slow as shit and bugs the hell out of me.

wait, how, no...
It is the 100,000 tps network  working at 0.0001tps
no... this is just fud.

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
We also need to get those block sizes down so the wallet will speed up. Right now it's slow as shit and bugs the hell out of me.

wait, how, no...
It is the 100,000 tps network  working at 0.0001tps
no... this is just fud.

I can't remember which core dev told me that, but it's true. Each block is around 200K. That is a lot of bandwidth needed and cpu power to process each of them. BM himself said it was a known issue and it's already on github somewhere too, so they are working on it.

Offline jernau

• View Profile
PTS: PgiEykg2RATYwWYhFtyNRqwSxQyEApLSmW

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

Offline pam2

• View Profile
THIS IS IT!!
This is the official beta of the BitShares Wallet for Android. I am going to leave the word "beta" on here even though we have not had a single problem with it, even across all the alpha releases, just minor UI stuff which we cleaned up.

I created my AppleID today and enrolled in the Apple Developer Program, paid the 99€ so that we can upload the wallet and get it to the masses (IN 22 LANGUAGES TOO!). I hear it can take a couple of months for them to approve new apps for their app stores but nonetheless, you will now see the BitShares Wallet in the google play, apple, windows and f-droid app stores very soon.

This is the final version that you will see for a while. All of the alphas have worked great, no losses or bugs have been found (but of course only keep funds in a wallet that you can afford to lose). Nonetheless, I think you'll like it, we have not had a single issue.
What's next?
v1.1 will come in a few weeks. We are going to try to improve reading of the (very dense) QR codes, implement a callback feature so that the POS systems are notified the moment a payment is received, implement Rewards Card functionality with the POS systems, the new Overdraft Protection feature will be implemented (in case you don't have enough funds, you can set the wallet to auto-draw from other balances (thanks to Blocktrades!)) and a few more translations, etc.
v1.2 will give you the ability to set preferred API Connection (wss) in App Settings, allow upsizing your account to LTM, and run MUCH faster (right now each block is around 200K I think, eating cpu and bandwidth).

If funds allow (please support the OPENPOS token!)...
v2.0 will implement the Finder screen, local trading, maps api, Meetups api, etc.
v3.0 will implement the basic Exchange screen (will probably use highcharts or metatrader style for mobile)

Please spread the word, this is it!!

Distribute the file, link to it, email it to your friends overseas, Tweet it, host a local Meetup... IT'S TIME!! :D

Great job to kencode and his team. I'm new in the forum and I've been following the development of Bitshares Wallet & POS. This will bring Bitshares to another level.  I'm from Montreal (Canada) and I'm planning to start a Bitshares meetup group here in 2 weeks.  I found  that some stores, small businesses and not for profit organization have Odoo and at times request volunteers at universities to help customize or develop some features using python.  I'will be getting in contact with those organization and share the idea of Smartcoins/Crypto payment and get them discover BitShares POS .
 This is very exciting! Bitshares platform brings solutions to small businesses.   As ByteMaster use to say, it's not about trading, it's about solving real issues small businesses and in people face daily.  This is were Bitshares protocol wins.  I've gone through it for a while and get to know how businesses can quickly build on it (small business, start-up, NGO, cooperatives etc.). Bitshares blockchain with UIA and Reward base system are well align with cooperative laws here in Quebec. More than 60% of Canadian Co-op companies are base in Quebec province and I'm looking forward to develop strong relationships that would bring some in Bitshares BlockChain.
Great work guys!

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

Great job to kencode and his team. I'm new in the forum and I've been following the development of Bitshares Wallet & POS. This will bring Bitshares to another level.  I'm from Montreal (Canada) and I'm planning to start a Bitshares meetup group here in 2 weeks.  I found  that some stores, small businesses and not for profit organization have Odoo and at times request volunteers at universities to help customize or develop some features using python.  I'will be getting in contact with those organization and share the idea of Smartcoins/Crypto payment and get them discover BitShares POS .
 This is very exciting! Bitshares platform brings solutions to small businesses.   As ByteMaster use to say, it's not about trading, it's about solving real issues small businesses and in people face daily.  This is were Bitshares protocol wins.  I've gone through it for a while and get to know how businesses can quickly build on it (small business, start-up, NGO, cooperatives etc.). Bitshares blockchain with UIA and Reward base system are well align with cooperative laws here in Quebec. More than 60% of Canadian Co-op companies are base in Quebec province and I'm looking forward to develop strong relationships that would bring some in Bitshares BlockChain.
Great work guys!

Hi [member=41636]pam2[/member] and welcome to BitShares! :)

BitShares Montreal sounds awesome!!! Here are a couple others that are now forming:
http://bitshares.meetup.com - These may give you an idea of how to set yours up. I have a graphics guy that could make your header graphic for the page too if you like, no charge, just let me know.

Thanx for the compliment on the mobile wallet. It is a start, but I have a lot on the roadmap for it over the coming weeks.

As for the Smartcoins POS for Odoo, that is another one of our projects (it is still being funded via the OPENPOS token that you will see in the dex). Odoo is a great Point Of Sale system and we are working on milestone 3 of 5 right now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHOYG408ohg&index=6&list=PLjbx3qSmDe7RYkRMIEuFyYyG7_vvKgou0

If you ever have questions about any BitShares products, you can also skype or telegram me at:
kenCode_de

Thanx so much pam2 and again, Welcome!

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Is there a way to confirm the software on Google play is the right one, Made by you? At the moment there is only one but in the future other similar wallets with malicious code could appear. Recently polo had an app there but it was a fake one

Also, on the portuguese translation. Smartcoins is plural, it can be "aceites", bitcoin is singular and should be "aceite" instead of "aceites"
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 09:28:16 am by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Is there a way to confirm the software on Google play is the right one, Made by you? At the moment there is only one but in the future other similar wallets with malicious code could appear. Recently polo had an app there but it was a fake one

Also, on the portuguese translation. Smartcoins is plural, it can be "aceites", bitcoin is singular and should be "aceite" instead of "aceites"

Well, we are going to link to the app from our website, plus in the app storedescription itself we will link toourwebsite. Thank u for the help with the Portuguese too! :)