Author Topic: Please vote out Bitcrab if you care about bitshares.  (Read 13655 times)

jakub

Please vote out Bitcrab if you care about bitshares.

I think we need to be careful what we wish for.
It seems to me that bitcrab has enough power to fork BitShares and start over thus effectively push BitShares out of China.
At least I would do that if I were him.

There will be a significant market cap drop if he does that.
We need to be prepared for this.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 10:08:40 am by jakub »

Offline deer

• View Profile
shame on you, all I saw is you and many other people attack bitcrab
and you have to lier continue, here is some copy from the telegraph
(liondani), [13.10.15 21:27]
[In reply to (mindphlux)]
really?

(mindphlux), [13.10.15 21:27]
yes

snapshot please with the transaction proof

wait

(mindphlux), [13.10.15 21:29]
dumping the market

done

(mindphlux), [13.10.15 21:30]
I could sell maybe another 100k

Got 4.27BTC out of it

Bhuz, [13.10.15 21:30]
Omg

Spartako, [13.10.15 21:30]
wow!

seeing if I can deposit more

dele-puppy, [13.10.15 21:31]
I would quickly convert those 4.2 bter_Btc into real btc

(liondani), [13.10.15 21:31]
slowly don't crash their market

(mindphlux), [13.10.15 21:31]
yes

Bhuz, [13.10.15 21:32]
Are u on 9.2?

(mindphlux), [13.10.15 21:33]
yes I am

submitted

to my BTC address

(mindphlux), [13.10.15 21:34]
arrived!

woohoo

hahaha,So funny. looks like someone is pretty good at attack  both "people" and "market".

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

jakub

However, I wasn't able to get any BTC out of it as the deposit/withdrawal options were quickly disabled after this trade took place.

submitted

to my BTC address

arrived!

woohoo

@mindphlux , and how do you explain this?

Offline Moon

• View Profile
fuxk  shame man

really?

yes

wait

dumping the market

done

Got 4.27BTC out of it

Omg

wow!

yes

Are u on 9.2?

yes I am

submitted

to my BTC address

arrived!

woohoo

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
really?

yes

wait

dumping the market

done

Got 4.27BTC out of it

Omg

wow!

yes

Are u on 9.2?

yes I am

submitted

to my BTC address

arrived!

woohoo
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 09:22:55 am by alt »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Unless he compensated those who bought worthless BTS1 from him.
@mindphlux , did you profit from selling worthless BTS1 and if so, did you return the money?

It was a matter of bad judgement on my part, possibly guided by greed at the time. I dearly regret this as I didn't think this through. However, I wasn't able to get any BTC out of it as the deposit/withdrawal options were quickly disabled after this trade took place.

Having said that, I find it worrying that some people try to use this screencap against me, trying to discredit me because I voice my opinion very loudly against bitcrab's plans to give them an advantage in voting numbers.

This is no longer a neutral fee discussion, this is a flame campaign where the camps are trying to discredit the other camp, I think BitShares is close to civil war here in this case - Bitcrab has bought half of the committee with the votes of an exchange and doing all he can to destroy the referral program and thus destroying BitShares, even if he's not aware of it. At 1-5 BTS levels, shareholders that disagree with this change have no reason to stay with BitShares, they might as well fork the entire project and continue without the 'chinese dictatorship' - see my point here? Civil war is near.

I don't expect anyone to forgive me what I attempted, but I think I've shown clearly my dedication to BitShares in the past, as a witness and committee member, e.g the first worker proposal ever or the first community driven committee proposal too. I will continue to serve BitShares as much as I can, trying to defend it from people who want to cause harm.
Thanks for clarification! Everyone makes bad decisions as human as everyone is and it is our advantage that we can learn from them. For that reason everyone should be allowed a second chance IMHO. But dont take it personally if people are watching you more closely now.

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile

@mindphlux , did you profit from selling worthless BTS1 and if so, did you return the money?

It was a matter of bad judgement on my part, possibly guided by greed at the time. I dearly regret this as I didn't think this through. However, I wasn't able to get any BTC out of it as the deposit/withdrawal options were quickly disabled after this trade took place.

Having said that, I find it worrying that some people try to use this screencap against me, trying to discredit me because I voice my opinion very loudly against bitcrab's plans to give them an advantage in voting numbers.

This is no longer a neutral fee discussion, this is a flame campaign where the camps are trying to discredit the other camp, I think BitShares is close to civil war here in this case - Bitcrab has bought half of the committee with the votes of an exchange and doing all he can to destroy the referral program and thus destroying BitShares, even if he's not aware of it. At 1-5 BTS levels, shareholders that disagree with this change have no reason to stay with BitShares, they might as well fork the entire project and continue without the 'chinese dictatorship' - see my point here? Civil war is near.

I don't expect anyone to forgive me what I attempted, but I think I've shown clearly my dedication to BitShares in the past, as a witness and committee member, e.g the first worker proposal ever or the first community driven committee proposal too. I will continue to serve BitShares as much as I can, trying to defend it from people who want to cause harm.

Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
Bitcrab has demonstrated many times that he is not willing to listen to other people and he is not interested in any compromises. I consider him as the biggest threat against Bitshares at the moment. I've seen people like him before and every time they just destroy everything if community is not able to get rid of them in time.

interesting.
I am open to any ideas, just today I raise a "3 modes" solution and try to reach a consensus with other groups.
yes, I dear to say no to anyone, I always state things directly, I insist my belief, I am a fighter, not a sweet gentleman.
I suggest you spend time on giving convictive ideas, not on doing personal attack. because the latter make no use.

No, you are not open to ideas. You just say that so your opponents will waste their time to write and explain their ideas. But in the end you will just ignore them and go on with your plans. You fight only for yourself, not for Bitshares.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Bitcrab has demonstrated many times that he is not willing to listen to other people and he is not interested in any compromises. I consider him as the biggest threat against Bitshares at the moment. I've seen people like him before and every time they just destroy everything if community is not able to get rid of them in time.

interesting.
I am open to any ideas, just today I raise a "3 modes" solution and try to reach a consensus with other groups.
yes, I dear to say no to anyone, I always state things directly, I insist my belief, I am a fighter, not a sweet gentleman.
I suggest you spend time on giving convictive ideas, not on doing personal attack. because the latter make no use.

How much will your proposal cost? Both in lost revenues and in dilution to build it?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

That was dumping worthless BTS1 after the upgrade to BTS2 on the exchange that did not upgrade, he admittedly took advantage of that situation it looks like.
I was not aware of that.
In that case, I understand and share your concerns.
He shouldn't have done it and saying "If I don't do it, somebody else will" is a very bad excuse.

If you didn't, I'm going to withdraw my support for your witness and ask other proxies to do the same.

What you didn't get from the screen grabs that were shared was that following that you can see I told him it was wrong for so many reasons.. at some point I recall he did something to reverse the situation from what he said.. but the whole thing was all just chat.. there was no clear evidence like transactions or sceencaps that showed that he was really doing anything he was claiming either.

I do recall though that after I dug into him about it all and a few others followed because of my concerns about possible bad press from it all he was quick to try and fix it.. or indicate he did. We don't know if others did anything like this at that time.

Thus far he hasn't demonstrated anything as a committee member that has given me cause for concern other than being very frustrated with others like bitcrab. He has been very outspoken about that. I guess its not a crime to be outspoken. :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline bitcrab

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcrab
  • GitHub: bitcrab

interesting.

Email:bitcrab@qq.com

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Thank you both for your replies. I was not aware of the potential for conflict of interest there. It reminds me that we all have to be vigilant and yet again it emphasises that a reputation for integrity has great value. I hope that bitcrab can address these concerns.

Offline Samupaha

• View Profile
  • BitShares: samupaha
Integrity is vital to a commitee member.  Taking any action that takes advantage of advanced knowledge and position for profit demonstrates complete unsuitability for the role.  Any committie memeber prooven to lack integrity must be removed.

I would take bitcrab's sincere efforts to improve the BitShares network.....along with the challenge of discussion in reaching a positive outcome for all......over a politician any day of the week. 

Jonny, do you still feel OP is fair to Bitcrab?  I think he's demonstarted a willingness to show he's a person and to search for a compromise.

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
I'm not necessarily against the @bitcrab idea to reduce trade fees to 1 bts.
What I don't like is he seems to put his personal interests and those of transwiser above the interests of bitshares itself.
This is what I have heard from other committee members.
It was proven when he got force settlement disabled by the committee because it didn't suit transwiser at the time even though there was no issues with force settlement.
My main issue is he wants to control the voting power of central exchanges like btc38 and I want his power reduced because of this.
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares