Author Topic: Gamebet.gg Updates  (Read 6121 times)

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts

would be wonderful if the sharebits user interface was polished enough and the referral system implemented as asked.  then i could use the sharebot to amass a community of people easily using the sharebot to promote gamebets as well. This would mean we cpuld literally send gamebets tokens to teams of elite players to get them onboard, and get our community members TWO streams of referral oncome in one.
Any idea when we will get that to a point where the community can help you with this tool?  UI seems to be the only thing we are waiting for.

any chance to get something cleared on this? I upgraded sharebits from day one to Lifetime member, and asked to have the referral link with sharebits used anywhere on the app linking to OpenLedger. Either nobody uses the app to linki to OpenLedger first time, or its not configured the right way.

Remember for any new time user, they need to visit openledger landing page first an we have referral links for both.

https://bitshares.openledger.info?r=sharebits the link for anyone ready to sign up right away
https://openledger.info?r=sharebits via the landing page for any newbies needing quick intro

FIX this pls, its not good if not yet working properly.

One of the main aspects of making this app work as a future revenue generator is to have the new users sign up on OpenLedger with sharebits as the referrer, and that seems not to be working right now.

The referral link should be included in all links whatsoever linking to OpenLedger platform or the landing page.

Thanks
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline fuzzy

is there a link to the referral system documentation? 

Since yesterday, yes :)
http://docs.bitshares.org/bitshares/user/referal-program.html

He's talking about the Gamebet Referral System :)
@fuzzy - as of now, no, but we offer upto 50 percent of house income for bets placed.
I'll garner literature on the same and have it listed on the website soon.

We have launched v2.0 of the website with a brand new UI and the marketplace enabled.
In doing so, we are the world's first to integrate in-game economies, the blockchain and e-sports.
Our focus now is to attain scale and profitability in the months to  come and further differentiation from other parties in the game.

We will have a referral system that gives you upto 50 percent of house income, in crypto - Pm me if this interests you. Advertising on Twitch, can make a massive ROI if done right.

My intent of doing this is to

>Reduce internal expenses on user acquisition
>Expand marketing personnel.

would be wonderful if the sharebits user interface was polished enough and the referral system implemented as asked.  then i could use the sharebot to amass a community of people easily using the sharebot to promote gamebets as well. This would mean we cpuld literally send gamebets tokens to teams of elite players to get them onboard, and get our community members TWO streams of referral oncome in one.
Any idea when we will get that to a point where the community can help you with this tool?  UI seems to be the only thing we are waiting for.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
I really like this project.
However I can`t see anything why that is related to BitShares?
A ShapeShift Lens integration that obviously always has problems with BTS and BitUSD (not working) is not a BitShares integration.
I would really love to see you utilizing the BitShares blockchain with your Gold, Silver whatever Token.
And I would like to welcome and promote you as member of our ecosystem but without a clear relation to BTS I suggest you to post your updates anywhere but not in the BitShares General.

Very true.
While we hold Bitshares close to us, we are not looking to take excess exposure (to any community) in terms of complete integration.
Since main-stream markets are still within Bitcoin and Steam's in-game economy, it will be our sole focus in the months to come.
As much as am happy about the relationships nurtured here, certain sour experiences have taught me not to take excess dependence on any single community /technology on a project that has taken years to build.  @fav - please do move this to the freebie section. Would be much easier moderating / Updating things there. 

P.s - I don't want you to take this in the wrong sense. Just that, given the limited resource we have right now - building the product and pushing for profitability is of more importance to me. It is very good to see Bitshares moving ahead (conf times, low fee) and there will definitely certain elements we'll integrate in the months to come. A crucial aspect am looking at is prediction markets.

----
For everyone else.  We will be opening to bets on

• NFL
  • NBA     
  • Soccer..err - The real football
  • NHL

.. Ideally later today :)
In case you want to see a certain sport added, please leave a message.

Offline btswolf

I really like this project.
However I can`t see anything why that is related to BitShares?
A ShapeShift Lens integration that obviously always has problems with BTS and BitUSD (not working) is not a BitShares integration.
I would really love to see you utilizing the BitShares blockchain with your Gold, Silver whatever Token.
And I would like to welcome and promote you as member of our ecosystem but without a clear relation to BTS I suggest you to post your updates anywhere but not in the BitShares General.

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
@Xypher, did you notice that transfer fees in BitShares have been drastically reduced just recently?

Yes I did and am in absolute respect of the community members that managed to pull it off.
Belonging to a third world economy myself, I cannot express how important this will be in pushing Bitshares forward as a solution for micro-payments and remittance.
Putting betting (product we're discussing of) in the context, it still plays its role in scenario's where individuals bet routinely.
I find it to be a very smart move and applaud the efforts of the committee that pushed it.
If anything, it instills hope in the leadership here and the possibility of building new businesses on top of it.

It would be good to see paid business development / marketing teams too on board because I personally believe, what BTS offers is truly not marketed right.

Regards

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@Xypher, did you notice that transfer fees in BitShares have been drastically reduced just recently?

Offline Xypher

• View Profile

That is the current web layout.

This is what happens when economics, gaming and the blockchain blend together.
Sharing screenies , because why not.

Offline Xypher

• View Profile

The new web layout is AWESOME!

Yes, the team worked round the clock for an entire week to get it done wit.
Needs some touch ups - (faq's, support, social media etc) - and we're good to go.

I'll be making another major announcement later tonight.

Offline Riverhead

The new web layout is AWESOME!

Offline Xypher

• View Profile

Since yesterday, yes :)
http://docs.bitshares.org/bitshares/user/referal-program.html

He's talking about the Gamebet Referral System :)
@fuzzy - as of now, no, but we offer upto 50 percent of house income for bets placed.
I'll garner literature on the same and have it listed on the website soon.

We have launched v2.0 of the website with a brand new UI and the marketplace enabled.
In doing so, we are the world's first to integrate in-game economies, the blockchain and e-sports.
Our focus now is to attain scale and profitability in the months to  come and further differentiation from other parties in the game.

We will have a referral system that gives you upto 50 percent of house income, in crypto - Pm me if this interests you. Advertising on Twitch, can make a massive ROI if done right.

My intent of doing this is to

>Reduce internal expenses on user acquisition
>Expand marketing personnel.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

TravelsAsia

Happy to say initial investors have received their tokens. @Xypher and team continues to push forward on the project.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
 +5% Thanks for integrating BTS, good luck

When betting on future sporting events with crypto, you are taking a position on both the outcome of that sporting event and the direction of that crypto in that time frame. (For example you might take a bet on a favourite with a small edge and be right but the crypto you bet with might have gone down 20% in that time.) It's this reason that few believed crypto sports betting would take off.

As you know BTS has BitUSD which solves this problem. If it was more popular and liquid is that something you'd consider integrating as well in future?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 05:36:06 am by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
Hey guys,

Just wanted to drop by and update everybody in regards to gamebet.gg
Over week one we registered close to 200 users and rampantly improvised the product. Initially, the deposit system was only Bitcoin and in-game items. However, now we support a wide range of currencies, including BTS.
BTS is not a currency, sir.

http://bytemaster.github.io/update/2014/12/18/What-is-BitShares/

##BitShares is a Currency

Anything can be used as money in the right circumstances. Gold, silver, giant stones, paper, debt, and cigarettes have all been used as money. The rich and powerful have often used bearer shares (paper stock certificates) as a form of money. In the case of BitShares there are many different assets that can be used as money including BTS, BitUSD, BitGold, and BitSilver. All of these assets have the property of being fungible, divisible, transportable, and impossible to counterfeit.

- By Dan

I am sorry, I haven't been keeping in touch with the various iterations of what you perceive Bitshares to be , but as long as a system is used to transfer tokens of value, it can be considered a currency. That said, my terminology was wrong, in the sense that I shouldn't have used "forms of currency", but rather "type".

Thank you for bringing it to my notice.

--------

Updates

1. New UI will be going live, post which I will begin with press releases and marketing
2. Sporting events will be integrated in the weeks to come. Yes. Sports betting with BTS will be possible :)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 08:56:28 pm by Xypher »