Author Topic: New Money Project and SolCert Community FAQ  (Read 3416 times)

TravelsAsia

Thanks all!  I sent a rough draft on the ICO, unlike this pre-sale where there's a certain amount of Solcerts per level, this will be different.  Every day or two, the price for SolCerts will climb.  So for example, somebody that bought in on Day 1 will pay less than Day 3 which will pay less than Day 7 etc..  Day 1 should have a very healthy bonus (above pre-sale prices).  Every few days that goes by, you're initial investment now is worth more.  It's a win/win.  Early investors in the pre-sale take all the risk, they get the most initial benefit. The guys that get in early in the ICO also get a good price (just not as good). The ones later in the ICO should still do well because once trading starts, I expect the price to start working it's way up to the Sollars dollar peg. 

Solomon is also talking to some other projects to see if they are willing to give additional benefits to SolCert holders. It brings attention to their project while also incentivizing people to want to acquire and hold SolCerts.  I will let Solomon talk about when things finalize.  My goal is to continue to find more partners, even after the ICO launches. As some of you remember, I had some serious reservations about the project.  I appreciate Solomon spending a LOT of time answering questions. It's the type of communication I've been asking for in other BitShares projects, I feel like you're in good hands.

Take care all!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 01:08:50 am by TravelsAsia »

Offline Pheonike

Offline thosek516

Aside from contacting exchanges and helping with the structure, I just finished typing up a 6 page Google Doc for Solomon with what I believe are all the details to not only make the ICO successful, but trading for the SolCert holders. I'm still around (promised to help on twitter and pod cast interviews), however, I feel I've done all I can to protect all of our investments for this amazing project.

+5% Thanks! : )

TravelsAsia

Aside from contacting exchanges and helping with the structure, I just finished typing up a 6 page Google Doc for Solomon with what I believe are all the details to not only make the ICO successful, but trading for the SolCert holders. I'm still around (promised to help on twitter and pod cast interviews), however, I feel I've done all I can to protect all of our investments for this amazing project.

Offline SolomonSollarsNSense

Here is a recent pitch that blew me away.

https://vimeo.com/numerai/launch

Hey thosek516! Thanks for getting behind this project.  :)

I appreciate your opinion even if it is one I don't share. I think people should be able to freely speak their mind and feelings. That is how business stays productive especially when you have the amounts of numbers as we do now (and still growing).

I love the Numerai video! It is awesome and I actually know how to create something similar. But at this point it would simply take to long to produce. And to be honest it's really not necessary. Our New Money explainer video is perfectly fine and will do well in the ICO as it has done in the Pre-Sale.

I may be a filmmaker but understand I don't make any of my moves (especially at this level) without first researching and analyzing data.

It is more of a short animated film than a traditional explainer video of a product. This way people get a story rather than just another product. Many of the KickStarter videos are now between 4-5 minutes long and they raise millions of dollars. That is why I chose to make this type of video. Seems it is paying off. I wouldn't concern yourself too much about it. We will be fine.

In terms of a muddled message? Being the mainstream digital currency consumers are going to use TODAY is pretty straightforward to most people. And they see the value in that and starting it in Hollywood. I know you get it too.  ;D #Makes$ense Thanks again!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 08:29:27 pm by SolomonSollarsNSense »
If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

Offline thosek516

TravelsAsia

The names kept me from supporting this project at the beginning.. sounds scammish.

New Money, Sollars, Sense, Sollywood... my head was spinning.

I supported this project after a few days.

I like the concept, but the message was as clear as mud.  I had to read and watch everything over and over.

A clear message and name with the Kickstarter will launch this project to spectacular heights.

It must be clear and direct.. simple.. but powerful.

Understand everything with a 2 minute video.  That's it.

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.. are so very powerful to make this project explode.

I want this to succeed.

Affordable content to the masses.

Disruptive idea.

You and I have the same concerns.  I created this FAQ as I continue to ask questions as an investors.  I will recommend a 2 min video as you suggested, I think that's critical as they move toward an ICO.

Offline thosek516

The names kept me from supporting this project at the beginning.. sounds scammish.

New Money, Sollars, Sense, Sollywood... my head was spinning.

I supported this project after a few days.

I like the concept, but the message was as clear as mud.  I had to read and watch everything over and over.

A clear message and name with the Kickstarter will launch this project to spectacular heights.

It must be clear and direct.. simple.. but powerful.

Understand everything with a 2 minute video.  That's it.

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.. are so very powerful to make this project explode.

I want this to succeed.

Affordable content to the masses.

Disruptive idea.

TravelsAsia

Thanks everyone, I'm just glad I can be useful around here.  I've updated the FAQ with Q14 - Q16.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 10:37:56 am by TravelsAsia »

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Wow, excellent work TravelsAsia +5%

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
very nicely prepared, good job. +5%
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline SolomonSollarsNSense

I approved the language written up by TravelsAsia. We have been able to hash out Question and Answers that can break down many of the moving parts of this project. I appreciate him working with me.
If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

TravelsAsia

Community New Money FAQ

This is just the first batch of questions that address the pre-sales and a peek into future auctions. I've already submitted some ideas on how to handle the ICO portion that Solomon said he'll run past CCEDK.  Once I get this done, I will get to work on the signature rewards program.

Anything under TravelsAsia is simply an opinion and not officially endorsed by the New Money Project.

Q1

How long will the pre-sale fund raiser last?

"Tuesday April 5th 11.59pm CST (Chicago)"

Q2
Once the pre-sale is over, when will the ICO launch

"(ICO will likely launch right away)"

Q3
Are the ICO details finished?

The details of the ICO are still being worked out

Q4
If the presale sells out, will there be an ICO?
"No"

Q5
When will the trading pairs be available for SolCert?
" (trading pairs will not be available on the market until the ICO is over. We will most likely start it right away. Or at most a day or two later)"

Q6
The ICO price WILL NOT go below the highest active pre-sale level ?

"+5%" -- Yes

TravelsAsia opinon "This is fantastic news for people that invest in the pre-sale. It was a concern for some people, including myself.  Early adopters are rewarded for taking the chance on this project"

Q7
 Although you can commit that the price of the ICO will not go below the pre-sale highest point, you CAN NOT guarantee any type of profits?

"+5% (US law)"  -- It's not a security

Q8
SolCerts will EVENTUALLY (could be years, long term project) will be able to exchange 1:1 for SollarDollar?

"+5%  (yes they are meant to mimic zero-coupon bonds with a Sollar being what you receive at the end of the maturity date. That is why your potential "return" is already built into this type of "financing" token in the short term (1 potential Dollar)."

TravelsAsia opinion "We will dig deeper into this in future sections in the next day or two"

Q9
Do you plan on having any additional auctions BEFORE the kickstarter?

"Absolutely not. No more ICOs for a while. Even after the KickStarter. "

TravelsAsia opinon "This is a big deal. It allows the market to set the price. If you believe this project will make it through the kickstarter phase and eventaully be able to support the evaluation, the pre-sale and ICO make a lot of sense in my opinion. 

Q10
Will there be any addtional SolCerts created?

"No"

Q11
With future fundraisers, you can just create as much money as you want without any type of oversight?

" If any other funding round happens they are professional institutional ones like Series A, etc etc for Sollywood TV. Yes that sounds like a plan." -- So the answer is no

Q12
Will there be a rewards program?

-- TravelsAsia has agreed to work on it immediately

Q13

Anything else you would like to add before closing out part 1?

"There will be a sharedrop IF we sell the SoLCerts ICO out. I believe it is fair that way and will motivate people to get others involved with what we are doing. Our biggest hurdle right now is that not enough people know about us. But that will obviously change in the coming weeks and especially with a marketing/loyalty program"

- Part 1 Complete, hoping to hear something about the ICO in the next day or two.

Part 2

Q14
When will funds be released out of escrow? With all the BTS being raised, how will funds be sold/allocated?

The releasing of the funds and HOW that will happen is actually still being worked out. It seems the market may get their SoLCerts before I get the full releasing of funds. We are trying to make sure transfers are secure and that US law is complied with. Thanks for the patience.

Q15
What date will the ICO launch?

Monday April 11th

Q16
Will there be a rewards program?

Yes, the details are currently in development.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 10:37:39 am by TravelsAsia »