Author Topic: Estimated Price of 1 Bitshare  (Read 25287 times)

Offline progmac

• View Profile
So, now the cost of BTSX is 2$ a share at most (AGS funding via BTC).
Toast has pledged to prop it up to at least 5$. (I would probably do the same)
That's a 150 % gain in 4 weeks with the only risk being bytemaster & Co. doing the runner with 3 million $ worth in Angel funding ;)

Has everybody run out of BTC or why are Angelshares so cheap at the moment?

you mean cheap compared to their future value or cheap compared to what they were 2 weeks ago?  :P
they aren't cheap now! yesterday BTC only yielded about 45 AGS. It was twice that a couple weeks ago.
if you want to support my incoherent ramblings
Bitshares PTS: PrziMMpXMMu948j5H7yvj3Ry8mnZBbsMYR

Offline jae208

• View Profile
That's a 150 % gain in 4 weeks with the only risk being bytemaster & Co. doing the runner with 3 million $ worth in Angel funding ;)

you mean cheap compared to their future value or cheap compared to what they were 2 weeks ago?  :P

+1
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline vikram

Happily coding away on unforeseen problems that come with the concept of a distributed exchange.

As I don't have time to follow everything every where, I would love to know what problems they have encountered.

how much time it will take to make a snapshot on Feb 28th? 30 minutes?
and as i know the snapshot will be done on 00:00 Feb 28th,right? but which time zone?

He won't make the snapshot on the same day; I don't see why it matters how long it takes. Probably after a day or two at least. Anyway, snapshots should be automatically generated every day assuming this bounty gets completed: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2869.0

The snapshot will be taken for PTS and AGS using the last blocks in PTS and BTC blockchains that were mined before Feb 28, midnight UTC.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline ww0207

• View Profile
Happily coding away on unforeseen problems that come with the concept of a distributed exchange.

As I don't have time to follow everything every where, I would love to know what problems they have encountered.

how much time it will take to make a snapshot on Feb 28th? 30 minutes?
and as i know the snapshot will be done on 00:00 Feb 28th,right? but which time zone?

sumantso

Mostly to do with sweeping up orders and not paying up. The original orders don't lose the money and they are returned after the time to pay up has expired, but the order book gets cleaned up.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

sumantso

Which is nice of course for the fools that burned their money away

:o

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Another risk is if the test chain fails later than march then there will be a second snapshot and latecomers will get part of your current share
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Markus

• View Profile

"Pledge" to "prop" only makes sense with enough BTS, and I'm making no claims about BTS holdings

:)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

"Pledge" to "prop" only makes sense with enough BTS, and I'm making no claims about BTS holdings

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Markus

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

Is anyone considering the risk that this release is a test and might be reset any time?
What are your thoughts on the probability of that happening?

If I were a betting man... I would guess at least 50/50 chance which means the initial price should be significantly discounted, however, within the first week the odds of a reset will drop dramatically and after a month it will be likely not require a reset.  My intent is to fail quickly, fix it, and then restart it.   Any resets in March will use the same snapshot.   Any resets in April will use a snapshot on March 31.

So only true gamblers looking to make a nice profit (or huge loss) will be speculating in the first few days...   This is why I recommend everyone only trade 'on chain'... you can trade assuming the chain will work, if it fails then no one gains and no one loses.  If it works then it is for keeps.   

If you trade with someone off chain... well, that is just risky.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Markus

• View Profile
Is anyone considering the risk that this release is a test and might be reset any time?
What are your thoughts on the probability of that happening?