Author Topic: 10 PTS -Step by Step How To: USD to PTS to AGS [CLOSED]  (Read 10546 times)

Offline wasthatawolf

PjjKb1ZLpLUk4rUDGETdwFbctzavEMo8xL

Thanks!

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
They look great! Send me your address so I can pay you. B

Offline lakerta06

Will there be a bounty for a invictus.io pull request for these tutorials converted to invictus.io look and feel?

Offline wasthatawolf

All set. 

I'm pretty sure the nomenclature is correct throughout, but let me know if I missed anything.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 07:56:35 pm by wasthatawolf »

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
These look great, wasthatawolf.  I'd say we're nearly ready to close this bounty out.  I just have a few simple edits I'd like to request: 

Please elimiate "how to guide" and simplify the titles to: 

How to buy BitSharesAGS (Angel Shares) with USD ($)
How to buy BitSharesPTS (Proto Shares) with USD ($)

I'm spacing out protoshares and angelshares to proto shares and angel shares so we don't need to worry about using those combined names (which are owned by unrelated companies). 

Move these notes section to the bottom of the guides so the first thing you see is step/option 1 on each guide: 

Notes about BitShares AGS (Angelshares):
- At least 10% of future BitShares will be allocated to holders of BitShares AGS
- Funding opens on January 1, 2014 and closes on July 19, 2014.
- Each day, those who donate Bitcoin (BTC) proportionally split 5,000 AGS and those who donate BitShares PTS (Protoshares) proportionally split an additional 5,000 AGS
- More information about BitShares AGS (Angelshares)

I have a few people (who have no experience at all in our industry) using these directions now and will post a few more edits once I hear back from them on how easy it was for them to use these guides. 

Thanks!
B

Offline wasthatawolf

I think that issue applies more to AGS than PTS, since with PTS at you can see a balance in the client. 

For AGS, maybe something along the lines of...

"The record of your AGS donation is stored publicly in the BTC or PTS blockchain (depending on what was donated).  The private key corresponding to the BTC or PTS address used to donate will be required to access your stake in all new decentralized blockchain-based products that Invictus Innovations and others develop.  Your private key is stored in your Blockchain.info online wallet if you donated with BTC and in your Protoshares-QT desktop wallet if you donated with PTS.  Detailed instructions on how to use your private keys to redeem future shares of upcoming products will be available soon."

Looks good.

I suggested that the easiest approach may be:  coinbase -> blockchain.info -> AGS   

I agree.  Coinbase -> Blockchain.info -> AGS is the easiest and since it's all web based there shouldn't be any issues related to people installing wallet software.

Let me know if you think I've missed any steps...

USD to AGS:  http://joelooney.org/ptsforusd/ags.html

USD to PTS:  http://joelooney.org/ptsforusd/

Offline bytemaster

I think that issue applies more to AGS than PTS, since with PTS at you can see a balance in the client. 

"The record of your AGS donation is stored publicly in the BTC or PTS blockchain (depending on what was donated).  The private key corresponding to the BTC or PTS address used to donate will be required to access your stake in all new decentralized blockchain-based products that Invictus Innovations and others develop.  Your private key is stored in your Blockchain.info online wallet if you donated with BTC and in your Protoshares-QT desktop wallet if you donated with PTS.  Detailed instructions on how to use your private keys to redeem future shares of upcoming products will be available soon."

Looks good.

I suggested that the easiest approach may be:  coinbase -> blockchain.info -> AGS   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline wasthatawolf

Offline wasthatawolf

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
These guides should add at the end what happens next after 'ordering' bitshares, i.e. the planned process of later the Bitshares wallet importing stuff. People may expect to get some sort of confirmation.

Offline wasthatawolf

Thanks, I'm looking forward to some feedback.

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Great. Let me look over these, give them to a couple newbies to try out, and get back to you. Good work. B

Offline wasthatawolf

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Sumantso,

Good point.  Let's say there are should be two parts to the tutorial... The first would be how to purchase both BTC and PTS.  And the second would be about how to turn either of those into AGS.