Author Topic: Miner LiveCD / Live USB Distribution  (Read 3912 times)

Offline ccyosh

• View Profile
Hi.

Is there any update on this LiveCD/USB project? 

Not sure how you can imprint wallet address into an .iso, never tried anything like that, but I think if you give people an easy interface where they can enter their address this could be enough.  If UI is too complicated,  you can probably just run a script that will prompt them for an address and then start mining, but not everyone is familiar with terminal console, so UI is your best bet.   You may want to install new clean wallet for people who don't even have one yet (backup could be an issue though as you are mining on live CD, but on USB you could mount it as RW and save all files right there), so they can create new wallet and start mining from scratch.

Thanks.

Offline MaxPWR

• Sink 2UR Source
    • View Profile
    • Max's Power Plant
I'm kinda iffy on how much we should publish / distribute something like this.  I dunno...I can print 1000, say I'm a charity, and put my miner address on it.

Maybe at least a form on the download page for "tell us about your organization"

I'd also like a strong official link on the .org page for each charity - "these are real tax-deductible charities, see!!"

Maybe that's what MMCPOST would be for...a community hub.
You can't stop the signal, Mal. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere.

PWR UP: MAXVTEoYhDfWJjvkNm2ZmUhHpYbsPYuybg

Offline itsik78

• View Profile
With what we have atm we can incorporate config generator into a wallet GUI. Then it can download up-to-date img file and write the USB with a generated config. No extra hw needed.
AWESOME!

Offline h0g0f0g0

• View Profile
With what we have atm we can incorporate config generator into a wallet GUI. Then it can download up-to-date img file and write the USB with a generated config. No extra hw needed.

Offline itsik78

• View Profile
Not sure we should supply hardware.
I think we should create a page where you enter your wallet address and get an image file (with your address in it) for the CD / USB with full easy instructions on how to make it work.

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
I'm thinking we could use MCF funds to start a LiveCD or LiveUSB distribution project.

The LiveUSB/LiveCD miner is getting close to high efficiency for CPUs

I think a distribution project where we charge a nominal fee . . . then configure a CD with the address the funds were received from, and post it to the user, or maybe a USB would be easier, but probably open to more abuse.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher