Let's compile a list of all known DACs
. I added what I know to the Bitcoin wiki
Bitcoin, the first DAC?
Bitcoin forksRipple Labs
is borderline ... they are a registered company and could be ordered to shutdown. The protocol is perhaps a DAC.Mastercoin
, a DAC replacement for Forex, Shares, and much more.
ProtoShares, a meta DAC with the purpose of privding infrastructure for other DACs. It is composed of
- DomainShares, a DAC replacement for Namecoin
- BitShares, a competitor to Mastercoin (with much more limited feature set IMHO)
- Keyhotee, a DAC replacement for OpenID
- LuckyShares, a DAC that decentralized gambling
- VoteShares, a Decentralized, Authenticated, Anonymous voting system.
- Other infrastructure components to follow... ? Mitosys
- a DAC replacement for Bit-MessageColored Coins
are working on defining themselves as a DAC ... I haven't seen a working business model yet.