Author Topic: AGS Funds being sent back to AGS and Excessive Refrigeration Expenses  (Read 3395 times)

Offline bytemaster

Darkbane.... I was using the word 'investor' from the perspective of people like you.   We do not consider anyone an 'investor' or to be 'investing' an more than you can 'invest in a good used car' or 'invest in a 3rd world poverty stricken african child'.     

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Darkbane

• View Profile
It has come to the attention of some people following the blockchain that PTS being sent to the AGS fund is finding its way back to the fund.   This happens when ever we pay someone (bounty, salary, etc) who then decides to take the proceeds and give back.   After we pay out to a 3rd party the PTS received no longer belongs to the fund and the owners are free to sell, trade, or give as they so desire. 

I want to clarify this for people who hear complaints or rumors that we are behaving in an unethical manner. 

I heard some rumors that the Chinese were concerned about how much we were spending on refrigeration (err.. Cold Storage).  Those viewing the ledger will probably notice that we have moved the funds to many separate addresses.   These funds are being kept secure and beyond the reach of any hacker.   We have upgraded our security precautions to avoid any catastrophic loss of funds.

Bytemaster based on how you have been transparent and engaged with the community I personally trust you as I'm sure the rest of the community does as well. The fact that you have looked for a win win outcome for everyone involved including yourselves helps out as well. Thanks  8)

At any rate, do you feel confident that your security precautions will protect against government confiscation for any reason?

I have considered all threats including that one.  It is sad that 'in the name of protecting investors' governments are likely to steal their money and never return it while at the same time acting to prevent individuals from delivering.   The irony is lost on the government.

the irony is you guys are still using words like "investor" when clearly we are not investors according to the company... we're donators... or patrons... or in a competition... according to invictus NONE of this money belongs to us, so we couldn't possibly be investors... yet the water keeps being muddied with the terminology... the ONLY reason the government is going to seize assets is if laws were broken and the government is seizing it to cease further violations and attempt to refund to these "investors" you keep mentioning but claiming are not... THAT is where the tragedy comes in...

Offline jae208

• View Profile
It has come to the attention of some people following the blockchain that PTS being sent to the AGS fund is finding its way back to the fund.   This happens when ever we pay someone (bounty, salary, etc) who then decides to take the proceeds and give back.   After we pay out to a 3rd party the PTS received no longer belongs to the fund and the owners are free to sell, trade, or give as they so desire. 

I want to clarify this for people who hear complaints or rumors that we are behaving in an unethical manner. 

I heard some rumors that the Chinese were concerned about how much we were spending on refrigeration (err.. Cold Storage).  Those viewing the ledger will probably notice that we have moved the funds to many separate addresses.   These funds are being kept secure and beyond the reach of any hacker.   We have upgraded our security precautions to avoid any catastrophic loss of funds.

Bytemaster based on how you have been transparent and engaged with the community I personally trust you as I'm sure the rest of the community does as well. The fact that you have looked for a win win outcome for everyone involved including yourselves helps out as well. Thanks  8)

At any rate, do you feel confident that your security precautions will protect against government confiscation for any reason?

I have considered all threats including that one.  It is sad that 'in the name of protecting investors' governments are likely to steal their money and never return it while at the same time acting to prevent individuals from delivering.   The irony is lost on the government.

+5% +5%
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline bytemaster

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline jae208

• View Profile

http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline testz

Offline yellowecho

696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline bytemaster