Author Topic: Bitshares AGS and new DACs  (Read 4441 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

AGS and PTS are like having two children.
I can't imagine favoring one over another.

But remember, each represents a constituency that DAC developers will wish to court.
One gained their stake by mining or purchasing.  The other by funding real infrastructure.
Will developers wish to attract the support of one group more than the other?
We'll see what the market decides!

:)

What's the expectation about third party DAC's distributing to AGS holders? I'd understood that a TPDAC needed to distribute 10% to PTS holders to enjoy 3I support - but is there some expectation wrt AGS now too?

I'm looking at this graphic - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=325261.msg6165896#msg6165896

Yes, that is the Social Consensus we have been advocating - 10% to each.

We have also stated that this is in every developer's best interest.  Many current posts are discussing how best to target shares in a new DAC to reach the right demographic.  People who will support the DAC and not simply sell the shares for Pizza.  It's been hard to define a precision targeting list hasn't it?
  • PTS is a demographic of people who have proven they won't grab and dump (since anyone who grabbed and dumped is no longer a PTS holder)  That's solid commitment!
  • AGS is a demographic of people who have proven they will donate to the cause of deploying more insanely great DACs.  That's max commitment!
What other groups of people are better to target with some of a new DAC's shares? 

So, it's all about what's in a DAC developer's best interests.  It has nothing to do with I3, since we hold only a small share of PTS and AGS - like everybody else.  (And hopefully a developer wants our support for more reasons than that!)

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile

But remember, each represents a constituency that DAC developers will wish to court.
One gained their stake by mining or purchasing.  The other by funding real infrastructure.

What's the expectation about third party DAC's distributing to AGS holders? I'd understood that a TPDAC needed to distribute 10% to PTS holders to enjoy 3I support - but is there some expectation wrt AGS now too?

I'm looking at this graphic - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=325261.msg6165896#msg6165896
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I think all the emphasis on PTS holders being miners is a little misplaced. A lot of us have purchased those over exchanges also.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Now that the deadline has passed for purchasing PTS/AGS to get Bitshares X, I'm wondering if it is advantageous to acquire AGS or PTS for the upcoming releases?

For Bitshares X, AGS gave you more Bitshares per unit than PTS. Will this be the same with upcoming releases? In short, I'm wondering what the best bang for my buck is.

Thanks.

Let's assume that DAC will be released after 140 days when 1 AGS will be equal to 1 PTS.
Today you can exchange your 1 PTS for 1.7-2.0 AGS it's a good deal?

but lets say invictus wants to jump PTS prices and announces they will give 20% to PTS and 10% to AGS... now PTS is better. ;) speculate!

Also possible, but because AGS it's a pure investment and PTS it's more speculative I expect that Invictus will honor AGS owners first  :)

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline testz

Now that the deadline has passed for purchasing PTS/AGS to get Bitshares X, I'm wondering if it is advantageous to acquire AGS or PTS for the upcoming releases?

For Bitshares X, AGS gave you more Bitshares per unit than PTS. Will this be the same with upcoming releases? In short, I'm wondering what the best bang for my buck is.

Thanks.

Let's assume that DAC will be released after 140 days when 1 AGS will be equal to 1 PTS.

but lets say invictus wants to jump PTS prices and announces they will give 20% to PTS and 10% to AGS... now PTS is better. ;) speculate!

Also possible, but because AGS it's a pure investment and PTS it's more speculative I expect that Invictus will honor AGS owners first  :)

Offline Darkbane

• View Profile

Thanks.

Offline testz

Thanks.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I also have a question about new DACs and AGS so this seems like a decent place to ask.

Are AGS still good past their respective funding cycle? For example, will the AGS I bought before 2/28 be good for the next DAC?

yes
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline fussyqbert

• View Profile
I also have a question about new DACs and AGS so this seems like a decent place to ask.

Are AGS still good past their respective funding cycle? For example, will the AGS I bought before 2/28 be good for the next DAC?

Offline graffenwalder

This all dependends on when an upcoming DAC is released. Say it's released after the AGS funding period. Then you will get more shares from PTS than AGS. Because there will be 2 million AGS and less than that PTS.

Offline dirktadwater

• View Profile

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 02:28:33 pm by dirktadwater »