Author Topic: 150PTS - Comprehensive FAQ for new site [CLOSED]  (Read 14463 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Heads up...

I've posted 6 BitShares FAQ Animated Videos

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5JEewc0v87VMXWwGBsiRZRCzfx3wpwOP

I've improved on the text to speech actors, but there is no substitute for the human voice (yet). Translations are in the works for several languages. I likely will not have time to sync the speech and actors lips for the various languages. Instead I'll simply use a dubbed translation track with the video.

Feel free to throw tomatoes and/or other garden veggies, no bottles please.   8)

Hihi
preaching style :)

+5% I can see that, I was shooting for a little Yang to offset the cartoon whimsical Yin aspect. I actually thought of lightening it up a bit near the end. I'll work on that.

Thanks for the feedback.  8)

I'm actually finding it funny :)

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio
Heads up...

I've improved on the text to speech actors, but there is no substitute for the human voice (yet). Translations are in the works for several languages. I likely will not have time to sync the speech and actors lips for the various languages. Instead I'll simply use a dubbed translation track with the video.

Feel free to throw tomatoes and/or other garden veggies, no bottles please.   8)

Hihi

+5% I can see that, I was shooting for a little Yang to offset the cartoon whimsical Yin aspect. I actually thought of lightening it up a bit near the end. I'll work on that.

Thanks for the feedback.  8)
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Heads up...

Hihi

Offline unimercio

• View Profile
Heads up...

Offline unimercio

• View Profile
Can someone point me to the latest and greatest official winner? I'm working on language translations and video animations. Thanks  :)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
So 100/25/25 satisfies everyone!
address in signature
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
I'd happily take 100 PTS (66%) if toast and MrJeans feel good about splitting the remaining 50.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Don't worry on the BitShares question, I can fill that one in.  Any final edits, please make them by this afternoon.  Also, I want to be fair with the bounty so if you all can chime in on what you think is most fair (based on who contributed what) it would help me.  Thanks again, this looks awesome! B

I wrote 80-90% of the FAQ.md document (I think? toast and MrJeans, correct me if I'm wrong). The text in the other documents was written by MrJeans and edited by toast and myself.

That might be accurate, I went over it a few times editing and merging answers. If there's 3 people I want like 15 or 20%
Yep, I would also be happy with 15 to 20% if we use the github one. If mine is used after biophil and toast edits I'm happy to split that up as well.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Don't worry on the BitShares question, I can fill that one in.  Any final edits, please make them by this afternoon.  Also, I want to be fair with the bounty so if you all can chime in on what you think is most fair (based on who contributed what) it would help me.  Thanks again, this looks awesome! B

I wrote 80-90% of the FAQ.md document (I think? toast and MrJeans, correct me if I'm wrong). The text in the other documents was written by MrJeans and edited by toast and myself.

That might be accurate, I went over it a few times editing and merging answers. If there's 3 people I want like 15 or 20%
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
Ok, I've removed the references to Invictus. You people over at Invictus will probably want to fill in the blank on the "what is Bitshares" question when you have an answer. I am not really feeling up to the challenge of explaining your confusing brand identity to the world. :)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
My only final suggestion is to remove references to Invictus and replace with BitShares.  On the new site, there will be no real reference to Invictus, only BitShares, which is the main concept/organization/brand we'll now be promoting. 

Also, unless I'm missing it, theres no question "What are Bitshares?" I see "What is bitsharesPTS/AGS/X?"  but not bitshares itself.  That would be a great first question to start with.   Maybe Bytemaster will give his 2cents on what he'd like to say/not say about Invictus moving forward.  Also, another question like "How is Bitshares like/not like Bitcoin?" B

There is a "what is Bitshares" question, but if there's to be no reference to Invictus, the answer will have to change. :)

Yeah, I'll need a little clarification on what you guys are intending Bitshares to actually mean - my impression was that it's a brand name for DACs, but you're talking about it like it's going to represent the name of a company/organization?

Here's what we said about this back in January:  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2166.msg25304#msg25304

Now that our momentum is building and we have an active marketing arm, it’s time to think seriously about branding.  We need an umbrella brand in which to invest our marketing efforts so that we don’t water them down with too many sub-brands.  Given the number of DACs we envision, that could certainly happen if we start advertising ProtoShares and AngelShares and BitShares and DomainShares and LuckyShares and, um, DogeShares etc.

We need to market all these products under one brand that everyone recognizes.  Like Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Windows, etc.

Our Invictus brand is focused on our role as a trustworthy partner known as a behind-the-scenes innovator and even-handed community developer.  But we need a more highly visible brand for our whole crypto-equity ecosystem.  A brand not for who we are but for what we are building. A brand with Satoshi-like immunity from the risks of association with a flesh and blood company. One Brand to find them all with a single Google search.

We have decided to dedicate our established BitSharesTM brand to the cause.  It is already getting a lot of attention and it has a nice parallelism with Bitcoin, which in the public mind has become virtually synonymous with the crypto-currency ecosystem, including all its altcoins.  We hope that BitShares will serve a similar function for the crypto-equity domain.

Another key reason for this is that we wanted third parties to feel comfortable licensing the BitSharesTM brand for BSC-honoring DACs without feeling they were anything other than equal partners, even competitors, with Invictus.

BitShares is bigger than Invictus.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 03:49:32 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
My only final suggestion is to remove references to Invictus and replace with BitShares.  On the new site, there will be no real reference to Invictus, only BitShares, which is the main concept/organization/brand we'll now be promoting. 

Also, unless I'm missing it, theres no question "What are Bitshares?" I see "What is bitsharesPTS/AGS/X?"  but not bitshares itself.  That would be a great first question to start with.   Maybe Bytemaster will give his 2cents on what he'd like to say/not say about Invictus moving forward.  Also, another question like "How is Bitshares like/not like Bitcoin?" B

There is a "what is Bitshares" question, but if there's to be no reference to Invictus, the answer will have to change. :)

Yeah, I'll need a little clarification on what you guys are intending Bitshares to actually mean - my impression was that it's a brand name for DACs, but you're talking about it like it's going to represent the name of a company/organization?

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile