Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: [video] BitShares DNS  (Read 2723 times)

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

bitbro

Re: [video] BitShares DNS
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 09:00:41 PM »
Okay - toast is the man.  This guy is 20, and he's got potential... (1) He's sharp, (2) He's a good speaker and has potential to become a really good speaker (3) He can develop software like a champ.  I3 could really grow with toast and vice versa, my two cents

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 09:47:47 PM »
hey toast why is it that on your video presentation about bitshare dns, only AGS is honored ? how about PTS?

Offline toast

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 10:03:00 PM »
It was to communicate "angelshare funding", I didn't mean to imply distribution. DNS will be 50/50 pts/ags.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 10:10:30 PM »
thank you toast  8)

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BTS: xiaoshan
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 10:10:47 PM »
Good to know the progress of BTS DNS, it's exciting to see so many DACs working in parallel.
BTS ID:xiaoshan                   www.yoyow.org      www.btsabc.org      www.openledger.info

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 10:23:22 PM »
Wouldnt it be necessary that some organization (more abstractly a consensus about who handles it) that handles a domain name register to acknoledge this system?
I know Namecoin or BTS DNS are supposed to replace exactly this. But is the availability of the system as such enough. Doesnt it need some "political effort" to make this the system that everyone agrees upon worldwide?

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BTS: Stan
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 10:29:13 PM »
Wouldnt it be necessary that some organization (more abstractly a consensus about who handles it) that handles a domain name register to acknoledge this system?
I know Namecoin or BTS DNS are supposed to replace exactly this. But is the availability of the system as such enough. Doesnt it need some "political effort" to make this the system that everyone agrees upon worldwide?

Who, exactly, would you trust to do this?

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014/03/16/us-plans-to-give-up-oversight-web-domain-manager/?intcmp=latestnews

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2014, 10:36:06 PM »

In short, no.  This system can exist in parallel with current systems, and software will be made available to use it.  Eventually once it's become popular enough the major browser vendors may provide integration with this system by default, but it will work fine without any support from existing DNS "authorities."

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 10:41:30 PM »
So browser (copamnies / organizations) are the ones that would have to accept one of those systems? Can they accept a few in parallel?

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2014, 10:53:21 PM »
For it to be completely mainstream I think either the operating system or the browser needs to integrate with BitShares DNS by default.  Without this, our audience is limited to people who are comfortable installing browser extensions, which seriously should be almost everyone by now, but probably isn't.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2014, 11:24:24 PM »
Who gets the 1,48€ I pay atm for a .dom domain? And where does godaddy (or any such company) get their right from to sell domains? Godaddy pays who?

Offline toast

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2014, 11:26:44 PM »
Who gets the 1,48€ I pay atm for a .dom domain? And where does godaddy (or any such company) get their right from to sell domains? Godaddy pays who?

A hierarchy of organizations with ICANN at the top (I think).

Browser extensions are 1-click install nowadays

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2014, 11:32:28 PM »

A hierarchy of organizations with ICANN at the top (I think).

Browser extensions are 1-click install nowadays

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

And it is up to the brwoser to choose the ICANN register or any other (or even a few in parallel?)?

Offline onceuponatime

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2014, 11:34:06 PM »
So browser (copamnies / organizations) are the ones that would have to accept one of those systems? Can they accept a few in parallel?

freespeechme.org  has a free plugin for firefox that handles .bit

I'm sure we could do the same for .dns

Google+