Author Topic: Satoshi quotes to woo crypto community  (Read 1603 times)

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

I got those from:

http://crypt.la/2014/01/06/satoshi-nakamoto-quotes/

Nice find!  Found his bitcointalk profile from that link; 27 pages of 576 posts that starts here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3;sa=showPosts;start=520

...couldn't find the "old forum" he mentions in his very first post, looks like the link might be broken..?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

toast, one of the items on my personal-cryto-academia-to-do list has been to go back and read some of the conversations and posts made by Satoshi.

Where can I find these?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I used these in the DNS thread on bitcointalk

Bitcoin Derivatives vs BitShares Derivatives

Bitcoins have no dividend or potential future dividend, therefore not like a stock. (They’re) more like a collectible or commodity.
-Satoshi, Aug. 27, 2010

Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone.
-Satoshi, June 21, 2010

TAPOS

It’s hard to imagine the Internet getting segmented airtight. It would have to be a country deliberately and totally cutting itself off from the rest of the world.
-Satoshi,  July 8, 2010

When someone tries to buy all the world’s supply of a scarce asset, the more they buy the higher the price goes. At some point, it gets too expensive for them to buy any more. It’s great for the people who owned it beforehand because they get to sell it to the corner at crazy high prices. As the price keeps going up and up, some people keep holding out for yet higher prices and refuse to sell. The Hunt brothers famously bankrupted themselves trying to corner the silver market in 1979.
- Satoshi, July 9, 2010
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.