Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: CoinSummit Decentralization Panel.  (Read 850 times)

Offline TsonicTsunami

• View Profile
CoinSummit Decentralization Panel.
« on: March 25, 2014, 07:43:10 PM »

How can CionSummit hold a panel on decentralization without Dan Larimer? Is Dan or someone who could represent Invictus not in San Francisco? Did Adam pick the folks for the panel?
It just doesn't feel right that someone wasn't up there representing I3. What gives?

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Re: CoinSummit Decentralization Panel.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 07:53:59 PM »
Check out https://www.facebook.com/officialbitshares , seems like at least someone is there doing interviews..
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 08:11:13 PM »

How can CionSummit hold a panel on decentralization without Dan Larimer? Is Dan or someone who could represent Invictus not in San Francisco? Did Adam pick the folks for the panel?
It just doesn't feel right that someone wasn't up there representing I3. What gives?

Yeah I noticed this too.  I was slightly irked to see how much praise for Ethereum, as the "best idea" in the decentralized space, was coming across my Twitter feed...

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 08:12:59 PM »
However, conversely speaking - it's better to be building than to talk about what you're going to build. ;)

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 09:27:39 PM »
Brian Page is at this event which we only learned of a week ago.   No one contacted us or invited us to speak on this panel.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 09:35:50 PM »
I think it is more important that Dan has 45 min in NYC to himself without having to share the stage with anyone.

All Bitshares. Looking forward to it.

http://www.mediabistro.com/insidebitcoins/new-york/agenda.asp

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 11:23:42 PM »
Brian Page is at this event which we only learned of a week ago.   No one contacted us or invited us to speak on this panel.

:o

In any case, it appears Arlen is there as well, and its great to see a CNBC microphone in his hand:

I think it is more important that Dan has 45 min in NYC to himself without having to share the stage with anyone.

All Bitshares. Looking forward to it.

http://www.mediabistro.com/insidebitcoins/new-york/agenda.asp

+5%

clout

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 12:38:54 AM »

:o

In any case, it appears Arlen is there as well, and its great to see a CNBC microphone in his hand:

Hahah thats Josh Lipton...

clout

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 12:51:23 AM »

clout

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 01:40:04 AM »
Also I'm watching the CoinSummit Bitcoin 2.0 Panel and its absolutely hilarious that bitshares was not invited. This is certainly a matter of politics and Adam Levine's self interests. Ethereum is a long way in the making and probably can't scale, mastercoin will have difficulties with both scale-ability and the constraints of the bitcoin protocol, while nxt is too decentralized of a project to even function. I haven't felt as uncomfortable for someone as I felt watching the nxt "ambassador" talk and attempt to pitch nxt. 

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BTS: Stan
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 02:05:16 AM »
Also I'm watching the CoinSummit Bitcoin 2.0 Panel and its absolutely hilarious that bitshares was not invited. This is certainly a matter of politics and Adam Levine's self interests. Ethereum is a long way in the making and probably can't scale, mastercoin will have difficulties with both scale-ability and the constraints of the bitcoin protocol, while nxt is too decentralized of a project to even function. I haven't felt as uncomfortable for someone as I felt watching the nxt "ambassador" talk and attempt to pitch nxt.

No worries.  Press to MECO.

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/feedback/expert/answer/mcc/sts-111/06_07_06_10_14.html
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline mitao

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 02:12:30 AM »
11:35 - 12:15
Decentralized Applications - the future of Bitcoin and virtual currencies?
Vitalik Buterin, Ethereum.org, David Johnston, Mastercoin Foundation, Brian Snyder, NXT
Moderated by Adam Levine, Let's talk Bitcoin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline onceuponatime

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2014, 02:21:15 AM »

Where are you watching that?

clout

Google+