Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: MaidSafe IPO on Mastercoin  (Read 17418 times)

clout

MaidSafe IPO on Mastercoin
« on: April 09, 2014, 12:02:17 AM »

Here is an article describing MaidSafe's IPO using Mastercoin protocol. I found it while doing a search of news on bitShares. Perhaps if bitshares Me comes out before April 22 we can persuade them to do an ipo with bitshares instead.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2014/04/08/beyond-bitcoin-crypto-ownership-companies-hope-youre-ready-to-decentralize-everything-on-the-internet/

Also wondering if ppl think this is something worth investing in. Maidsafe seems like a great idea but I'm a little hesitant in investing in anything done on the mastercoin protocol.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
Re: MaidSafe IPO on Mastercoin
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 12:30:43 AM »
Now if this pushes through , a big blow for bitshare and I3 . MaidSafe may be a great partner. Well Mastercoin already has its exchange working for nearly a month. MaidSafe dev has confidence in them. This is really a challenge for I3 to come up with option to pursue and convince Maidsafe or still scrutinize and fine tune its product then seek another database-oriented DAC dev to be its partners.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 01:31:12 AM by jwiz168 »

Offline toast

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 12:38:05 AM »
I think we'll have to concede this one...
I'm not terribly worried. It'll save us a lot of trouble explaining ME.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 12:41:40 AM »
Also consider the piggy-back riding nature of Mastercoin. If bitcoin dev have alter some attributes in its architecture, SafeCoin will be affected.

clout

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 12:54:28 AM »

Yes, but I don't think that the underlying technical advantages of delegate pos or Tapos will be enough to take ppls attention off of mastercoin. Ppl seem to have a hard time understanding these methods of consensus and why they are better than using mining or building on top of the bitcoin blockchain or using nxt. I could be wrong but I dont think ppl will be that interested with bithsares Me upon its release.

clout

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 12:55:22 AM »
Also consider the piggy-back riding nature of Mastercoin. If bitcoin dev have alter some attributes in its architecture, SafeCoin will be affected.

Yeah, thats why I don't want to invest even though I would really like to invest in maidsafe. I think they have a great product in the works.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 01:22:51 AM »

Yes, but I don't think that the underlying technical advantages of delegate pos or Tapos will be enough to take ppls attention off of mastercoin. Ppl seem to have a hard time understanding these methods of consensus and why they are better than using mining or building on top of the bitcoin blockchain or using nxt. I could be wrong but I dont think ppl will be that interested with bithsares Me upon its release.

Making connections is CRUCIAL!

edit: Let's not be arrogant to think it doesn't matter.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 01:35:32 AM by delulo »

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 01:55:01 AM »
We talked with maidsafe today and will be using our Dns system and they will be consulting with us on the economics of their system. 

In the end the mastercoin ipo will be insignificant compared to our partnership potential. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 02:01:17 AM »
Also don't forget that in theory it is very easy to do a MSC -> ME migration...
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 02:03:31 AM »
We talked with maidsafe today and will be using our Dns system and they will be consulting with us on the economics of their system. 

In the end the mastercoin ipo will be insignificant compared to our partnership potential. 

+5%

Now you are talking , this is what we are hoping for as investors.

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 02:21:03 AM »

+5%

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2014, 02:43:26 AM »

Congratulations!!

Offline luckybit

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2014, 02:48:00 AM »
Now if this pushes through , a big blow for bitshare and I3 . MaidSafe may be a great partner. Well Mastercoin already has its exchange working for nearly a month. MaidSafe dev has confidence in them. This is really a challenge for I3 to come up with option to pursue and convince Maidsafe or still scrutinize and fine tune its product then seek another database-oriented DAC dev to be its partners.

Why chase after Maidsafe? Just develop something exclusively for Bitshares. Also there will be Bitcloud.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2014, 02:53:50 AM »

Why chase after Maidsafe? Just develop something exclusively for Bitshares. Also there will be Bitcloud.

Good developers and development time are a limited source  especially in a more an d more competitive field.... So partnering makes sense...

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2014, 04:38:44 AM »

Good developers and development time are a limited source  especially in a more an d more competitive field.... So partnering makes sense...

This.  Partnering with others when possible to realize greater potential from their ideas is better than isolating ourselves and antagonizing everyone.  Market competition is a great way to handle conflicts, but creating superfluous conflict is still counterproductive.

Google+