Author Topic: Supply Side Economics  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
BitAssets are not backed by nothing, they are backed by equity in a bank which is earning revenue from transaction fees. 

I am a follower of human action as the root of all price discovery.  Supply is just one component of human action.  A rare item can have 0 value and an abundant item can have a lot of value.   All value is perceived.

How do we increase the value and utility in our shares in the shortest amount of time?

I would say network effect.  As the number of active users increases, utility increases because each Nth user adds N-1 new pathways between users (increasing utility, and thus indirectly demand) while simultaneously directly increasing demand because each user wants shares.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
BitAssets are not backed by nothing, they are backed by equity in a bank which is earning revenue from transaction fees. 

I am a follower of human action as the root of all price discovery.  Supply is just one component of human action.  A rare item can have 0 value and an abundant item can have a lot of value.   All value is perceived.

How do we increase the value and utility in our shares in the shortest amount of time?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

I am not trying to start an argument!
I am simply trying to take a peek into your brain.
“backed by equity in a bank which is earning revenue from transaction fees”
Bank lending what – its own shares(*)… shares that are producing revenue by being lent to willing borrowers?

(*) not directly but lending something that is backed by only them themselves

[EDIT]Question 'human action' as in Mises understanding?

No argument assumed.

A bank promises to pay a dollar worth of value.... it creates that promise by holding 2 dollars worth of value as collateral.   So the bank notes (deposits) are the product it creates, backed by its shares.   Shares have initial value as perceived by the members of the co-op who own them.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I am not trying to start an argument!
I am simply trying to take a peek into your brain.
“backed by equity in a bank which is earning revenue from transaction fees”
Bank lending what – its own shares(*)… shares that are producing revenue by being lent to willing borrowers?

(*) not directly but lending something that is backed by only them themselves

[EDIT]Question 'human action' as in Mises understanding?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 01:36:00 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
  People will be earning a ton of safecoin by providing resources to the network and most will be looking to sell it.
A ton of air is going to a ton of people... what is its value?    Why buy what you can earn.  The network effect you want is demand based on scarcity and not supply based on abundance. 

Price is driven by supply and demand, with safe coin there is ample supply but no demand.  Those that hold it are constantly debased to fund the growing of the network. 

Maidsafe is a case study in the same <b> supply-side economics </b> that is destroying the fiat economy.

I have always wondered how you reconcile your supply-side views with being the creator of bitAsset backed by nothing.
One of the main objection in the supply side towards the current fiat currencies is that they are not  backed by gold/silver and because of that are causing an array of problems (mainly inflation).
Do you consider yourself more of a game theory follower than a supply-side proponent?

[EDIT] Probably not the best place to ask this question (if you have along answer you/toast can move this someplace), as this is pretty general question pretty unrelated to the discussion, but interesting thing to know anyway.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 01:28:49 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.