Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: DA’s final post- Guaranteed waste of time, or your money back (ode to luckybit)  (Read 6143 times)

Offline BitcoinJesus2.O

• View Profile

I came here to celebrate with some free donated share samples, but as it turns out, we don't party like that.  Do you ever wonder why Doge gets all the buzz?  Because they ARE buzzed! 

I’ve never asked what Bitshares can do for me, I’m only asking where the share distribution donation fund is at. 

Any negative comment posted in this thread is a virtual deuce on my grave. 

My positive community action has failed.  What positive actions are you committing?  Voting “no” to charitable donations without providing mathematical proof is negative by definition.  If “learning” is not even a portion of your answer then you might want to re-think your community role.  If we decide to compromise our charitable image now, then we will have to re-brand our image later at greater cost. 

It is our own fault for ignoring western economic science because it’s already written down somewhere on Google.  Eastern and native cultural biochemical knowledge from shamans and healers from financially poorer cultures has had a much more difficult time over finding its way into the volumes of Google.  I intend to help facilitate this process through capital allocation strategies designed to maximize educational benefit before attaining death at the hands the haters.

Is Eastern Ayurvedic medicine inferior to western scientific medicine just because they cannot mathematically describe the biochemical reaction mechanisms behind their cures?  Shamans and healers are applying western science as we speak.  They are not genie magicians to be worshiped, but artistic wisdom chasers like Dan who only want to contribute to our historical scientific knowledge so that we don’t have to re-learn these same lessons again in the future (at a higher cost and with less benefit).

“If science is only followed for money, it is wasted.  Wealth earned from science is always contaminated as it comes from the suffering of others thus it must be practiced with compassion and humility; without greed and ego.” (how’s that for a BitCredo?)      

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR5lD6eCF_I

Shaman and Ayurvedic “trial and error” has only partially survived, and its truly beneficial knowledge is in danger of being eradicated leaving us ignorant monkeys dying on this planet because we chased away the bees and irradiated the Pacific. 

I have been accused of being your enemy, don’t flatter yourself.  Here’s my enemy:  “British 19th century visitors to India could not understand the Ayurvedic methods and teachings, especially the marma healing.  To eradicate this method, British chopped the hands off Marma gurus.”

http://www.bharatchitra.com/category/medicine/

I am disgusted by our lack of positive motivation and selfish utilization of the powerful financial capital which we possess.  I don’t hate, but I know who my enemies are. 

Who are your enemies?  What are you doing to fight them (besides voting “no” to donated DAC shares)?  If I am your enemy, then congratulations, you've just defeated an enemy because I'm leaving, how does it feel?

I have real life dragons to slay, not 90210 “’mo money ‘mo problems” problems.  I could care less about how much more money we make on our BitShares, or which groups do not deserve our compassion.  None of that nonsense will affect my drive to stay alive.  Based on Dan’s integrity, I falsely assumed that his community would be more like him, but I see that his community does not endorse his ideals.  Why can’t we fight against the invisible hand that cuts off the hands of magicians?  Why can’t we comprehend the simple and intuitive connection between science and nature like Dogecoin does?  Why can’t we hold on to charitable community members?  Because our Bitshares T-shirt meme is: 

Dogecoin = P2P vs. Bitshares = U2ME

I am not Bytemaster.  If I was, I certainly wouldn’t be hanging out here hob-knobbing with all you wealthy 1%’ers.  I will give you one single honest fact about my identity so that you can quit wasting precious time discussing who I am.  Dan's so smart, that I'm sure he skipped class like all the other greats, however, when I served time for being less than brilliant, my teacher told me that I “don’t know the square root of s#*!”  In hindsight, he was absolutely correct.  I personally must work harder than the Dan’s of the world.

One thing is for certain though: I am most definitely not here to post my vanity-plated PTS address every time I say:

“this idea sucks

PTS: PaYmeUbroKE99pctBROKeAsSMug487eydhwe4...........

And quit quoting the same pictures and paragraphs 1000 times, it floods the exact same threads that “you know who (Dan)” is going to read later, and “I know who (you)” will be there the moment after he responds to your begging for PTS and whining for someone to stroke your ego with your patented “get back to work Dan!” catch phrase.  Are YOU your enemy?  Oh, wait, I forgot; you just wanted an excuse to post & pump your PTS address for the 1000th time, my bad, spam away. (retch).

You fat cats are alienating your market (the world) with every post that adds your “personal Nike Swoosh” proving mathematically that you are richer than 99% of the Native Americans who did not get any of the “airdropped?” coins that only the Tribal Trust received.

So for us to believe that the Mazacoin airdrop crashed the share price, we must logically assume that those sneaky bastards at the Mazacoin Tribal Trust were “Indian-givers” and dumped that missing 1% (of the total MZC supply) onto the market for hookersnblow instead of moving them to another Mazacoin address (or doing something positive for their community) like we do over here at the Bitshares community with our bounty monies; and then we imply that Dan is a thief (I’ve seen it, and it sickens me, ugh!).

Half the people in the world don’t even have a bank account, and we own the rights to a BitSharesXT account.  Congratulations Mr. 1%, but I am not going to be belittled for promoting ideas that support the “LESS” fortunate whom we publicly love to alienate.

So, let's continue to cheer about how we are orders of magnitude wealthier than the average Lakota Indian, whom without access to the tribal trust received zero of the 50 million coins dropped nor any of the 250 million total.  We believe that the Mazacoin “illegal liquidation massacre of 2014” of 1% of the total coins in circulation by the Tribal Trust crashed it's market cap by 99.9% of its value, so let’s start a “Manifest Destiny II” initiative to raze reservations north to the polar ice caps.  The downtrend of the Mazacoin price post-launch had nothing to do with the fact that 5,000 new coins are dumped into circulation every 2 minutes.  Seriously? (5,000 were just generated).

Say it loud and proud, because we sure are filthy Vucking rich; monumentally richer than our market (the world).  Go ahead; let us continue to separate ourselves, distinguishing our precious egos from those of the less fortunate because we are exceptional.  We are better than all the rest of the poor people who have no claim to the greatest investment on earth: BitShares. 

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2014/03/24/american-exceptionalism-and-putin/rDQf4SicEQ6k8bYobR5wlI/story.html

http://www.unitednativeamerica.com/hanging.html

I'm not telling you to give the BitsharesX donations to poor people, just give them to anyone, any chain, it won't crash the price, and the public perception will view it as charitable (it’s the price of admission to life, have some class, ass).  The world may be broke but one thing we are not anymore is stupid (knowledge is power, and internet media is feeding the poor).  The market knows that you cannot drop Bitshares onto the Lakota reservation because they do not have computers.  Don’t be stupid, stupid.

Marketing initiative = alliance = faucet = donation = air-drip-drop = distribute a free product sample.  You wealthy senators with all your free time can argue over what to “officially call it” after we create it.  There is no time to split verbal hairs.  Because of the BitsharesX inherent price volatility protection mechanism (BitUSD), there can’t be any bad press with volatility.  This is actually the media story of the decade, and we want it told as soon as the product is launched so that no other coin has the opportunity to tell our story first. 

We are so protective of OUR code, yet we would give away our story!  Media and community trumps code in the crypto community (didn’t you read Stan’s crypto laws; he has been warning you!).  We want everyone to know that the original Bitshares community, not code, is a better investment for our market than the first “save the planet DogeBitsharesXXXclone” everyone will be clamoring over at the next Super Bowl, yet we would give our competition, rather than ourselves, the gift of presenting our story:

An investment that generates a 5% dividend, is 100% perfectly hedge-able against volatility, and can be safely stored in your brain.  Maybe we are the most generous community on earth, because unless we distribute some free-samples, we are basically giving our competition the news story of the year.  We are giving away the most lucrative charitable marketing media story of all time.  The story that has been told countless times generation after generation:  The “Rags to Riches story”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rags_to_riches

This particular human interest story captivates the poor people (our market), like none other.  Why?  Because they are the ones in the “rags” fulcan!  Of course, we Americans are already in the “riches” category, as evidenced by our PTS addresses which we brandish with pride, and the attitude that we think that rags to riches stories are stupid, evidenced by the fact that we vote publicly against watching the unfortunate go from hungry and sad to full and happy (The Bitshares community votes “no” to charity meme reigns supreme).

We are giving away our “Robin Hood”

We will never be “Batman” because we are the opposite of my clan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da1ADqPplQ4

We will never have the love of the peasants unless we give them something (sacrifice something of ourselves because it makes us feel good? What is that?).  For all of human history, we, the 1% have dominated the poor, and that is “not going to change now” said the BitShares community as they exclusively launched their “BitSharesX” product to the market who quickly and effectively re-branded it DogeSharesX and carried it to the top of the top.

Average people don't invest in numbers like you and I (you and I are math geeks, made clear by the fact that we both speak Bitcoin).  That's why average people typically get fleeced on their investments by Wall St.  The average Joe invests in stories:

Facebook company stock market drama riding the waves of the economy, oh watch out there’s a pile of derivatives, sell sell sell, oh look out now, rising bond yields across the bow, buy buy buy, and shiver me timbers, what’s this: Get the T-shirt silk screen ready:

Its a “5% dividend-paying volatility-insured commodity investment with no counter-party risk;”

given away free to some chump who was nearly broke holding a few POS Blackcoins or POW Bitcoins that have not appreciated in the past month nearly as fast as these BitSharesX which have taken the world by storm.  No, we hate publicity here at the BitShares community.  The fact that an investment remained safe during a period of high volatility is the news story of the year in of itself, so why are we afraid?

Why would you need to donate Bitshares when you can just create unique altchains which are split 50/50? I'm not willing to donate any Bitshares I don't see why anyone else should.

Et tu luckybit?, Then fall DA.

There will be a BitShares launch (Invictus or bootleg) with the “volatility-insurance mechanism” of BitUSD with a charitable percentage of shares donated to someone with zero shares.  This will happen for the “first time” only once in all of human history.  And we don't want to own this particular story?  As an investment, I would love to invest in this, but we are too blind to see that a marketing media story that we spend $5 on can also be considered a lucrative “investment,”:

Don't you want the “BitsharesX” brand to be there when the 100th monkey comprehends this simple extrapolation put forth by the media pundit who is just reporting one of their twelve “rags to riches” stories that week?  If you ever are going to give me the respect of reading just one of my links, then this is the one you should choose:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundredth_monkey_effect

“Watson (a western Spock scientist like you) then concluded that the researchers observed that once a critical number of monkeys was reached (doing monkey see monkey do) —the so-called hundredth monkey—this previously learned behavior instantly spread across the water to monkeys on nearby islands.”

Telepathy ! Hello !

Proven, scientific fact.  Viral media works even in the animal kingdom (wrap your noodle around that one Neo), catchy tunes get radio play, etc..  The collective power of the group is greater than the sum of the individuals.  This is why we will never understand why people transform their hard earned dollars on DOGEdollars.  If we can’t comprehend the basic concept of “DOGE”, then we will never understand “marketing.”

Wow, a rich 1% bank account owning western scientist learned that collective human intelligence feeds on viral media news stories.  This is old news that Shaman have understood for centuries, and that the DOGEcoin community has been capitalizing on now for months, but the mathematical fulcans in the Bitshares community cannot understand this “charity = love = $” scientifically proven mathematical formula because we fight gravity in our spare time which we have loads of because we are rich. 

Just because you guys believe that Doge-Shamans are stupid for being generous does not discount the power of this scientifically proven mental telepathy phenomenon which you ridicule yet desire.  Yes, we say that we desire this natural power to be applied to our coin so that we can gain wide adoption, yet, when presented with a scientific cookbook recipe for successful implementation, we claim that the world is flat and then banish Copernicus back to his cell. 

My main character in my movie says stuff like "silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have, I give to you."  Now that's a great screenplay that I could watch over and over and over etc.  All the smiles I've created will be revisited.  Why do you think that I am leaving here?  Because I've given you all I have, and nobody is smiling.  Your market (the world / the internet) is keeping score subliminally.  I try to create smiles with my capital allocation strategies, because when I watch my life over again, I can’t wait to re-run all the times I made people smile, laugh, and vice versa.  Imagine having to read all your posts over and over again for eternity? ‘Ya got that?  Now write a post for you to read to yourself forever.  There it is. 

This is not about the Empirical1, he was one of the few with the tact to hide his PTS address for the benefit of the community; he actually attempted to read my work, and I will miss him the most.  I'm not going to waste time pointing out the space wasters lest I become one.  Thinking about the hours of my life I’ve wasted here trying to make all you spoiled rich kids richer makes me want to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQCaiVd_9Ls

I feel like Woodrow Wilson after he sold out his country to make the 0.1% richer than ever; and you guys hope to hang on to Toast?  Good luck with that; he seems to have way too much honesty and integrity than to be hanging out with a group of Donald Trumps.  At least he put a Bitshares logo on his avatar (a cheap and easy (sloth-less) way to do something positive for your community that even someone making huge sacrifices to his community will take an extra 10 cents of his time and do for you all out of love).  One day he is going to wake up and feel sick to his stomach when he realizes the kind of people that all his hard work is benefiting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYXXhn9fMYs

Before I go, I have to do Dan one more favor because I’m sure people are going to be saying that DA is just a pseudonym for DAN because he didn’t want to appear overly megalomaniacal by chastising his community when he rammed a “less than 100% decentralized POS” BitSharesX proposal down their throats when they expected “100% decentralized POS perfection.” 

Here’s real provable proof of my identity (a personal reference) so that you guys can be 100% proof of certain that I am indeed not Dan.  Dan would not put himself in the following situation for fear that it would be perceived as a conflict of interest against the launch of his projects.  At least I hope that Dan’s not giving our money away to Pirates while snapshotting BitShares! 

I, DA Baracas, paid 1.012345 BTC for 1000 MZC. 

To: [email protected] (no I'm not sharing my email address with you!)
Sent: Saturday, February 15, 2014 1:16:27 PM
Subject: Re: Mazacoin fundraiser BTC donation address verification

(AP)(Anonymous Pirate) Greetings –
Thank you for inquiring about the CryptoDirect give-away contest for MazaCoin. We are in the final days before we cancel this contest in anticipation of the public launch, and we are delighted to see anyone take interest in helping the project.
(DA)(DA Baracas) "I would love to be a part of your successful launch team."
(AP) And we would love to have you onboard. This is an extremely challenging task, and we need all the help we can get.
The MazaCoin Development Team has some pressing needs for any possible donations, including some critical infrastructure such as a VPS for the pool and block explorer needed at  launch. So I would request that you send your donation directly to their address which I will give you here
1NXtEjsM5duNKndy4yRbLm5WErgtZ3uG41
I am also on the Team, so I will keep an eye out for it.
(DA)"I can submit a 1.12345 BTC donation so that I can verify my Mazacoin wallet address with you via email after I install the client software following the launch.  Then you can send the coins to my wallet address after I verify the correct amount."
(AP) That will be fine. Simply submit at least 1 BTC (you don't need the extra, we almost never get any donations so I will know it's you) and I will E-Mail you for an MZC address within one hour of launch. We will be paying all prizes and bounties immediately after the public launch.
(DA) "Thank you for giving me a chance to take part in your spirited culture."
(AP) And thank you for being a part of the growing MazaCoin community.
SINCERELY  --  AnonymousPirate
Master Coin Maker - MazaCoin
 ---------------------------
www.MazaCoin.org
On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 4:21 PM,  <[email protected]> wrote:
(DA)  Thank you AP,
I just sent 1.012345 BTC to the address you gave me:
1NXtEjsM5duNKndy4yRbLm5WErgtZ3uG41
from my BTC wallet address:
1A6RoXPudhwZRi2GVKms41nDCbekCbXnZz
Again, I am honored to assist your team in launching this new era of freedom
To: [email protected]
Sent: Saturday, February 15, 2014 10:04:57 PM
Subject: Re: Mazacoin fundraiser BTC donation address verification
Greetings --
(AP) We received your kind donation. We will contact you on launch day to arrange payment of your prize.
(DA) "Again, I am honored to assist your team in launching this new era of freedom and prosperity that the Lakota nation is going to bring back to this continent."
(AP)  We are grateful and honored to have you in our community.
(DA)  "I am a proud American today, and will henceforth be a public trumpet for your tribe's cause."
(AP)  Just wait until you see what a difference MazaCoin can make.
YOURS  --  AP
P. S. Don't be a stranger, we have a chat room and a forum.

So there you have incontrovertible proof of my identity.  Just contact Anonymous Pirate (I believe that he is currently scamming Canadians out of their Maple Coins) and ask him if he remembers the sucker who contacted him to purchase 1000 Mazacoins for 1.012345 BTC.  I’m sure he will remember because he said:

“we almost never get any donations so I will know it's you”

No matter what his response is, please proceed to inform him that this sucker is more proud of his “investment” than he could ever have imagined.  I'm sure that you all are enjoying the last laugh on DA who obviously does not know the square root of s#*!  What a sucker I am for losing 99.9% of my “investment!”  DA was too busy trying to teach BitWisdom to the indigenous to capitalize on the BitsharesX snapshot (ROFL).  There was no Lakota support by any internet connection capable humans on this globe.  Do you know what kind of spiritual and biological knowledge that the indigenous possess?  Do you have any idea what their cultural capital is worth?  Almost no one donated to help teach Satoshiology to the American indigenous.  But someone did.

Who was “The One”
Was it Neo? 
Nope,
Was it Morpheus?
Nope
Who could it have been?

None other than D mother vulcan A

cemented into the blockchain for all to see

Am I bragging or teaching?  It depends on whether or not you are learning which is directly correlated to the amount of envy that you are corrupted with. How can I be bragging if I do not expect anything in return from this community?  How can I be vain if I can’t wait to be done with this debt of honor to Dan (final f’n post)?  It feels more like I’m complaining because I lost a personal bet to Dan and am now forced to embarrass myself in front of you who would chop off my hands to quell my magic. 

Actually, I’m not as scared of you as I am of my real enemies reading this forum, but such is the life of a martyr.  So, no, I am not bragging, I am fulfilling a personal obligation of integrity to a fellow artist which will no doubt shorten my lifespan.  I never wanted to draw attention to myself in the first place.  People like me and Dan have historically lived short lives on this planet, so we go as fast as we can.  There’s no doubt that I will die penniless due to the flamboyance of my particular brand of philanthropy.  I’m certain to be “punished” along the way for my actions like ex-World Bankster Karen the Dragonslayer who tipped you off about the community who tapped into Tesla’s free energy grid millions of years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiVROBhwHUM

http://planet.infowars.com/worldnews/russian-military-crimea-earthquake-hid-by-usgs-near-worlds-oldest-pyramid-by-sevastopol

Here’s a different test to see if you are learning, or if I am bragging:

By the 1850’s the total value of all the American slaves as a potential return on investment was the single greatest economic capital asset of the entire US economy (for northern bankers and southern owners alike) (more than housing, property, or even business equity).  So I ask you this.  Is a slave considered economic or human capital?

I will find another less fortunate wallet to send my Satoshi-capital to.  Money is a powerful tool that creates movement in people who create movements.  I know that it is the root of all evil, but I like to try to do good things to help change the world to make it a little more loving.  My generosity is sure to put me in an early grave, but at least I’ll have an exciting adventure along the way.  The boredom created by all the selfish money hoarding here is palpably unpalatable.  I feel obligated to my energy source to distribute what was given to me in this dimension in a way that benefits those cultures who are trying to promote wisdom that benefits our planet.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ce4_1368870841

What do you think is going to happen to our planet when the water temperature warms a couple degrees at the South Pole?  I don’t know what shape you plan on leaving this planet in, but you can figure it out today if you simply plug your numbers into this equation Spock:

http://video.pbs.org/video/2334144059/

Or let me spoil it for you by saying that the critical temperature drop is required for the mind boggling brine creation rate required to spill into the deep ocean trenches to act as the fuel source when heated by the magma to produce food for the plankton (our loving oxygen producers).

http://earthsky.org/earth/how-much-do-oceans-add-to-worlds-oxygen

Dan inspired me to do something good for you.  I came to this forum for fun and adventure, not to discuss strategies of greed.  I thought we'd run some numbers, implement some strategies, and share some laughs because that's what I thought you guys wanted and needed, but now I see that you need something entirely different than what I expected.  I hoped that we could examine allocation strategies for several types of our community capital instead of greedily focusing only on “financial capital.”  There is more to life than the single form of capital stored inside of your PTS address.

I need to dig deeper, and give moar generously to show you bling-kings what it really means to be generous (since you obviously have MOAR Bitshares than me).  Maybe I can show us that joy and satisfaction can come from giving and teaching, maybe not.

What do they say, give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish, and he'll destroy the planet?  Well, I'm going to give to this community so deeply that I hope it inspires you to give, as much as Dan has inspired you to invest.

Dan, to your movement I pledge my most prized possession, and I certainly did not plan on doing this when I first arrived here last month, but I see that your community is in need of something of far greater value than a few of my donated pre-snapshot PTS/AGS/BTX and some marketing ideas.  May my pledge to you inspire an outpouring of charity from your community to all the less fortunate individuals across the earth.  May CNN run nightly news stories about the undying generosity that continually pours forth at an infinitely increasing rate from the Bitshares community forever and ever.

I pledge a gift of high value that hopefully inspires learning among us of the language of love.

I pledge to all of you, my 1000 Mazacoin prize (it is of highest personal and social capital value) that was purchased to educate those who possess the spirit and desire to further the knowledge of nature's mental capacity.  Now that your community possesses as much social capital as financial capital, I hope that you feel more balanced and happy.  May your planet achieve sustainable living in your lifetime. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parable_of_the_Mustard_Seed

If I am able to return, it will be in a different and more exciting form.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 03:07:41 PM by BTSTV »

Offline crazybit

• View Profile
wow, what a long post, need some time go through,it would be nice if you could make a short summary to express your thought。

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
wow, what a long post, need some time go through,it would be nice if you could make a short summary to express your thought。
+5%
I know it is ode to luckybit but it is more like ode to ‘War and Peace”
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BTS: benjojo
DA, don't go. There is fertile ground here for your values, values which are shared by many. I would like to donate some of my bitsharesX.....though I don't know what value they have yet and we are assuming ROI at this point ;). Understand i have complete faith in Dan, Stan and their teams, so just time. I would love for our community to gift bitshares to devs shown to be interested in helping people with their ideas and products.

Stan, once I've been able to verify my bitsharesX allocation....I've been unable to do it so far as it is too complicated for me currently.....I'd like to offer approx 34 bitsharesX for invictus to gift where they think it will do the most good.  I would love to know where it went :)

Let's have a launch party to remember! Let's honour DA and his integrity.

Offline JoeyD

Don't know if you're still reading the responses to this thread, and I apologize in advance that I was completely unaware of what you were trying to do or setup. The only spare time I have to spend on this forum usually is the time I should have been sleeping. This also means I'm not able to read all your comments entirely nor give them the attention they may require.

But I read a few things that I wanted to touch upon. First of all, I don't think you'll be able to reach a majority consensus on this forum. Simply because I don't believe the majority is even reading the forums. On top of that the few that are, could still very well miss your posts, like me. Not out of hostility or even disinterest, but in my case because of sheer information overload and I don't think I'm the only one struggling with that.

I also noted you saying something along the lines of everybody only looking out for number one. I can't speak for everyone, but if the only thing you lost in your "investments" for the cause is 1 btc than you're a way, waaaay better investor than I am. I'm an idealist and I've been pumping way more into projects like these than I'm getting in return.

I don't think your evaluation of the entire bitshares populous as only being profit driven is accurate and I'm also getting the feeling you're putting too much weight on the word profitability. The way I interpret profitability when used in the DAC-metaphor is as a way to think about and measure the sustainability of a new networked connection with people with converging interests. While I'm all about trying to help make the world a better place, trying to do it in a way that is sustainable in the long run is not a bad thing imho.

You're not the only one frustrated about not being able to reach the right people and getting a discussion going. I think you might get some more feedback on the beyondbitcoin-mumble-server and what the people involved are trying to setup. The idea is to setup a neutral gathering place, akin to the meetups and bitcoinconferences, but without the need for prohibitive travelexpenses and costly tickets. I'm quite enthusiastic about the idea. After spending all that I can afford to help further the cause, I can't afford a ticket to even one of those conferences and you can forget about being able to afford to host or platinum sponsor one.

So should you find the time, I hope to be able to chat with you on that server.

Btw, wasn't the whole idea of these ags-funds to just get some toolkits made and some prototypes running and that anyone could take that, mix and match and release whatever the hell they want in whatever funding-, distribution- and share-allocation model they want? Was the Invictus/Bitshares team and PTS/AGS-fund always supposed to be the central gateway for everything?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 10:02:31 AM by JoeyD »

Offline liondani

I can only say: Read it, you will no regret it.

and...

I AM ALL-IN !!!   ;)
  https://bitshares.OPENLEDGER.info/?r=GREECE  | You are in Control | BUY | SELL | SHORT | SWAP | LOAN | TRADE |  

Offline toast

DA noooo don't leave us

Only BTS X snapshot has been set in stone. There are other DACs that want your marketing proposals!
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Count of La Mancha

• View Profile
“All human wisdom is contained in these two words--"Wait and Hope.”

Offline puppies

I'm still reading through the posts.  I will edit this later if you include a better solution.

I was late to this party and only have 11.21 BTSX allocated in the genesis block.  I am willing to donate it all.  I will even send you the private key (after moving my pts to a new wallet)  if that would help.  I firmly believe that the loss of these 11 bitshares will be more than offset by the increase in the PTS price, if your plan works.

As someone that complained about DPOS, I would like to say.  I still don't like it.  I don't have a better solution though.  So I have kept my mouth shut.

I should venture into the marketing subforum more often.

Also.  I am fine with DAs retirement. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Tuck Fheman

Any negative comment posted in this thread is a virtual deuce on my grave.

+5%  :) classic

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I thought DA's original suggestion for an airdrop was a brilliant one. I'm also sorry to see that people do not want to share the good news this way. A simple marketing idea that costs us nothing and provides a huge heap of potential gain...shot down by people who would rather keep every cent. Even if that cent could be worth more. Stick around, DA, if you can remember all your logins and passwords.

Offline bytemaster

I'm still reading through the posts.  I will edit this later if you include a better solution.

I was late to this party and only have 11.21 BTSX allocated in the genesis block.  I am willing to donate it all.  I will even send you the private key (after moving my pts to a new wallet)  if that would help.  I firmly believe that the loss of these 11 bitshares will be more than offset by the increase in the PTS price, if your plan works.

As someone that complained about DPOS, I would like to say.  I still don't like it.  I don't have a better solution though.  So I have kept my mouth shut.

I should venture into the marketing subforum more often.

Also.  I am fine with DAs retirement.

DPOS vs Peercoin vs Nxt seem to be the options available to us.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

For those of you who hung out on one of the recent Mumble / Beyond Bitcoin calls I discussed a give away strategy that I believe would make everyone from all camps happy.  I am also keeping that strategy a secret to be revealed when we launch so that other coins cannot copy it.

It is sure to generate a ton of buzz.   

DA your post is too-long so I didn't read especially when you said it was a guaranteed waste of time.   I did skim the first part and had some other summarize it for me.   I think you have made some valuable contributions so I hope you will hang around.  You will probably like what we have in mind.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline liondani

For those of you who hung out on one of the recent Mumble / Beyond Bitcoin calls I discussed a give away strategy that I believe would make everyone from all camps happy.  I am also keeping that strategy a secret to be revealed when we launch so that other coins cannot copy it.

It is sure to generate a ton of buzz.   

DA your post is too-long so I didn't read especially when you said it was a guaranteed waste of time.   I did skim the first part and had some other summarize it for me.   I think you have made some valuable contributions so I hope you will hang around. You will probably like what we have in mind.

Great news !!!
Hope nobody from the crypto community can read your mind  :)
  https://bitshares.OPENLEDGER.info/?r=GREECE  | You are in Control | BUY | SELL | SHORT | SWAP | LOAN | TRADE |  

Google+