Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: NXT online wallet  (Read 2718 times)

Offline cryptkeeper

• View Profile
NXT online wallet
« on: May 19, 2014, 05:00:11 PM »

I deposited some NXT on the online wallet, woke up this morning found out someone or something wiped my account clean. Does anyone know how this could've happened. Initially I didn't want to use the online client but my computer wouldn't let me download it. I traded 9 pts for the nxt too. I can kick myself.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Re: NXT online wallet
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 05:03:46 PM »
The NXT webwallet / brainwallet requires a strong password and you have to send some nxt (amount doesnt matter) to another address other wise the encryption is weak. That was what was necessary  month ago. I guess it is still valid...

Offline cryptkeeper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 02:29:08 AM »
I got my coins back. Which is weird.  ::)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 05:09:16 AM »
Same thing has happened with my NXT. It came and went from the wallet, but as long as you can see it on the blockchain, you'll just need to wait until the next time they release an updated wallet that actually works. I started my 2.0 experiment with NXT, but quickly became frustrated, and ended up much happier here with Bitshares. I don't see why they had to build that whole NXT ecosystem from scratch on Java with that clunky passphrase login.

They are slowly making NXT more user friendly, but I still didn't have a good feeling about it and I moved on. Most importantly, they do not have the vision of Bitshares in terms of the products, nor does NXT have anyone with a keen understanding of economics like Bitshares does. Aside from Maidsafe, is there a single worthy investment anywhere in Mastercoin or NXT? They all look like scams, fly-by-night schemes, and assorted trash. I'd trade them all for a snapshot in any one DAC within Bitshares...Oh that's right; I did trade them in all for PTS and AGS already!

One more thing: I love that we know who the Bitshares team is. They're not hiding under some rock using fake names. This is an honest and communicative bunch. 

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 08:20:42 AM »
Same thing has happened with my NXT. It came and went from the wallet, but as long as you can see it on the blockchain, you'll just need to wait until the next time they release an updated wallet that actually works. I started my 2.0 experiment with NXT, but quickly became frustrated, and ended up much happier here with Bitshares. I don't see why they had to build that whole NXT ecosystem from scratch on Java with that clunky passphrase login.

They are slowly making NXT more user friendly, but I still didn't have a good feeling about it and I moved on. Most importantly, they do not have the vision of Bitshares in terms of the products, nor does NXT have anyone with a keen understanding of economics like Bitshares does. Aside from Maidsafe, is there a single worthy investment anywhere in Mastercoin or NXT? They all look like scams, fly-by-night schemes, and assorted trash. I'd trade them all for a snapshot in any one DAC within Bitshares...Oh that's right; I did trade them in all for PTS and AGS already!

One more thing: I love that we know who the Bitshares team is. They're not hiding under some rock using fake names. This is an honest and communicative bunch.

+5%

NXT doesnt have the cooperative like structures and incentives to build DACs effectively like Bitshares/III has. The community is their strength though, because all the responsibility is with the community. I also have Counterparty. I think they have a great team which is important to acquire projects that wanna IPO on your platform and I think it is undervalued, also it is more feature rich than Mastercoin... I think it is not good that they are depended on Bitcoin. There argument is that they can move the ledger at any time to a better (POS) system if that is proven in terms of security. 

Offline gaba

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 09:55:59 AM »
NXT is clear winner. Bytemaster can't deliver with thousands of BTC what NXT did with 21. It's simple amazing.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BTS: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 10:04:42 AM »
NXT is clear winner. Bytemaster can't deliver with thousands of BTC what NXT did with 21. It's simple amazing.

Sad .. but true
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu powered by ChainSquad GmbH

Offline liondani

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 10:13:05 AM »

Sad .. but true

Let's be a little bit more patience and wait to make the comparison when the "product" is out...

PS I think it is good that the barriers are high... we must put them "only" higher... would it be not a benefit for all of us?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 12:35:46 PM by liondani »
  https://bitshares.OPENLEDGER.info/?r=GREECE  | You are in Control | BUY | SELL | SHORT | SWAP | LOAN | TRADE |  

Offline fuzzy

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 10:43:44 AM »

Sad .. but true

Let's be a little bit more patience and wait to make the comparison when the "product" is out...

NXT is a solid tech, but "clear winner" here is difficult to agree with.  Since when did our culture get so impatient?  If early investors in bitcoin would have been so impatient it would have never gained any value...instead it took 5 years for Bitcoin to become what it is today. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 03:20:53 PM »

Sad .. but true

NXT is a solid tech, but "clear winner" here is difficult to agree with.  Since when did our culture get so impatient?  If early investors in bitcoin would have been so impatient it would have never gained any value...instead it took 5 years for Bitcoin to become what it is today.

+5%

Offline mitao

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2014, 03:36:23 PM »

Patience? What you are waiting for is quite possible just a litecoin with bitcoin already out there. NXT AE is online, and BTS is still struggling on the test of the test network. If AE and BTS ME is doing similar job, apparently NXT IS the winner. Who know NXT won't push a project similar to BTS X in a month?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline fuzzy

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2014, 04:56:38 PM »

Patience? What you are waiting for is quite possible just a litecoin with bitcoin already out there. NXT AE is online, and BTS is still struggling on the test of the test network. If AE and BTS ME is doing similar job, apparently NXT IS the winner. Who know NXT won't push a project similar to BTS X in a month?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody knows...that is the point I'm making. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline gamey

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2014, 08:58:46 PM »
NXT is constantly releasing wallets because their network isn't stable.  It is hard to judge who is a winner by any stretch.

As far as the OP, I do know there are guys who have hashed phrase dictionaries and are waiting on the NXT network.  If a weak wallet appears they will jump in and transfer the NXT out within 1 minute.  It happened to me a few months ago when I made a test wallet with my real full name (Against the warnings of the wallet..).  Within 2 minutes, there was a blockchain transaction removing the money.  Actually I don't recall the timeframe exactly, and it didn't matter,  as I thought it was quite funny and wrote it off as a lesson learned. 

BTW I thought Bitshares was more about creating a DAC toolkit foundation, not trying to make the next cryptocurrency.  It is interesting how the expectations of users vary on here.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 09:02:12 PM by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2014, 09:25:12 PM »
NXT is constantly releasing wallets because their network isn't stable.  It is hard to judge who is a winner by any stretch.

As far as the OP, I do know there are guys who have hashed phrase dictionaries and are waiting on the NXT network.  If a weak wallet appears they will jump in and transfer the NXT out within 1 minute.  It happened to me a few months ago when I made a test wallet with my real full name (Against the warnings of the wallet..).  Within 2 minutes, there was a blockchain transaction removing the money.  Actually I don't recall the timeframe exactly, and it didn't matter,  as I thought it was quite funny and wrote it off as a lesson learned. 

BTW I thought Bitshares was more about creating a DAC toolkit foundation, not trying to make the next cryptocurrency.  It is interesting how the expectations of users vary on here.
I guess you could build DACs using the NXT code as well. But asaik they have a bit a different understanding of DAC: https://nxtforum.org/nxt-improvement-proposals/virtual-corporations-on-nxt/?PHPSESSID=6dq4o5dfi7t1av12usj02t3nu1

Offline JoeyD

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2014, 09:27:36 PM »
While I like some aspects of nxt, like being completely new code instead of a standard copy-coin, new PoS and other such things. The two things that kept me from going all the way, were the unwillingness to publish the source code at the start and then when they finally open-sourced it the nonsense with the terminal bugs being left in. I also think they went a bit beyond pseudo-/anonymity over into odd secretive and non-communicative territory.  I've been to busy lately to keep track of the latest developments and only have time to post once in a while on any of the forums, but the lack of openness and clarity around the source-code has kept me hesitant.

EDIT
Thanks for the link Delulo and I agree with you that their concept of a DAC is a bit odd. It actually doesn't sound distributed at all, more like a standard centralized one, with decentralized administration and stockholder-tracking. Odd, because I've read some post by bluemeanie on bitcointalk and he did sound like a guy who understood the concepts over there.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 09:33:55 PM by JoeyD »

Google+