Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Rest in Peace, DA  (Read 4157 times)

Online Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BTS: Stan
Rest in Peace, DA
« on: May 20, 2014, 03:30:39 AM »

I know our late forum member, the irrepressible and prolific Decentralized Application (DA), has gone on to a far, far better place and it does no good to leave a wistful message on his virtual grave, but maybe somehow out there in that Great Somewhere he will at last find peace with the fact that we are about to give away

That’s right.  BitShares PTS will soon be upgraded to DPOS security instead of POW mining, meaning that all the remaining PTS that had been set aside to employ miners are no longer needed.  PTS will earn a tangible profit by cutting expenses!  R&D pays!

To celebrate this R&D triumph and call it to the attention of the whole world,
we are giving away 100% of the profit!

Whatever PTS remain unmined at the upgrade snapshot will never again have to be paid for miners to dig holes and fill them in. So we will share it all in a fiendishly clever combination of competitions, prizes, incentives, bounties, grants, co-promotions and airdrops.  (Over $1,000,000 worth at today’s established market prices.)  The very thing our forum has been brainstorming and demanding since this all began.

And you didn't think we were listening!

This sharing of the payoff of our R&D efforts will be accomplished in a highly coordinated, synergistic, integrated, mind-boggling multi-month campaign to stimulate demand for our entire product family line:  PTS, AGS, XT, ME, X, LOTTO, DNS and MUSIC while adding still more awesome DACs to the pipeline. 

Our marketing and engineering teams are physically coming together from all corners of the planet to make this A Summer to Remember*.  Stay tuned for more details!

Rest in Peace, DA

*or Winter
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 04:22:04 AM by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Re: Rest in Peace, DA
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 03:34:17 AM »
Very cool!

Offline onceuponatime

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 04:21:38 AM »
Is there a less forum-centric announcement of this news anywhere? Most of the people I could send this information to would be bewildered by the inside references and jokes. (Although I enjoy them personally).

Online Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BTS: Stan
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 04:41:06 AM »
Is there a less forum-centric announcement of this news anywhere? Most of the people I could send this information to would be bewildered by the inside references and jokes. (Although I enjoy them personally).

There will be.  We wanted you guys to be the first to know...
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline voldemort628

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 05:35:40 AM »
thanks for always having the people from Down Under in mind haha
*or Winter

Offline Harvey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 06:16:20 AM »
DPOS is coming!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 06:40:19 AM by Harvey »
BTS       Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2015 API:wss://128.199.143.47:2016 
MUSE   Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2017 API:ws://128.199.143.47:2018

Offline mtang

• BTSX id:mtang
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 07:31:51 AM »
 +5%
That's great. PTS should be used to try this new tech first.
BTSX:wallet_approve_delegate btsx.outofcontrol true
DNS :wallet_account_set_approval mtang true
感谢给我们的受托人团队“失控”btsx.outofcontro以及she.bitrose投票。请关注FUND数字资产运作计划//立足兢兢业业的standby delegate//weibo ID:汤O包

Offline Snail

• View Profile
    • 比特股之家
  • BTS: snail
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 07:43:04 AM »
 +5%
比特股之家(www.bts.hk):比特股及DAC中文第一门户 | 新浪微博:http://weibo.com/mybitshares

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 08:06:08 AM »
WHEN will PTS be transformed to DPOS?

Offline liondani

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 08:55:21 AM »
I can see future posts and reviews....  "how become Bitshares a religion? "   "bitsharestalk community multimillionaires members made  another marvellous/giant charity donation! "... etc.... .... ....

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D using Tapatalk

https://bitshares.OPENLEDGER.info/?r=GREECE  | You are in Control | BUY | SELL | SHORT | SWAP | LOAN | TRADE |  

lzr1900

Rest in Peace, DA
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2014, 09:10:42 AM »
ETA of the new PTS DPOS version?don't tell me soon,i hate this world :p..if you can not give any ETA,just ignore me :(

ok i see , * or winter... I surrender..
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 09:17:06 AM by lzr1900 »

Offline liondani

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2014, 09:13:26 AM »
ETA?

https://bitshares.OPENLEDGER.info/?r=GREECE  | You are in Control | BUY | SELL | SHORT | SWAP | LOAN | TRADE |  

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2014, 09:21:42 AM »
I can see future posts and reviews....  "how become Bitshares a religion? "   "bitsharestalk community multimillionaires members made  another marvellous/giant charity donation! "... etc.... .... ....

Making anything a religion makes you blind...

Offline liondani

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2014, 09:31:59 AM »
Stan would it be a good idea to give a part of the pts (let's say 20%) to AGS holders after the end of fundraising/donation AGS period, so the demand for AGS would increase more the last 60 days and some of the frustrated early investors would calm down and find their lost confidence again... ?

PS I know some early investors (AGS holders) they would love to buy bitshare-pts (because of the DPOS thing) now but they are out of funds... It would be nice/great to give to all of your AGS investors/donators a symbolic quantity of DPOS bitshares-PTS 2.0 to "play" around  :)

« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 10:14:17 AM by liondani »

Offline mess

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2014, 10:25:29 AM »
It's actually just another way to capture the remaining unmined PTS ($1m) into your own pocket, just like what you did by AGS. So long as Invictus has the right to decide whoever gets the remaining unmined PTS, it is in violation of the original social contract. You actually don't need an extra $1m to *help build the crypto-equity industry*, the fund you kept hostage via AGS is already far more than enough.

As an angry investor who invested more than $100k, though I don't post in this forum a lot, I really care the whole development of this project. And I'm really disappointed to see you guys bouncing checks all the time.

Google+