Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Charles Hoskinson Left Ethereum?  (Read 6691 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Charles Hoskinson Left Ethereum?
« on: June 14, 2014, 01:12:21 AM »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Hoskinson Left Ethereum?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 01:28:44 AM »
yup thx for sharing
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline voldemort628

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 03:25:34 AM »
I will probably invest if this really happened : D

Offline fuzzy

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 05:50:51 AM »
I will probably invest if this really happened : D

Hate to be one of those guys, but  +5%
BROWNIE==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits Welcome to  the Sharing Economy w/ BeyondBitcoin.org Partners--ShareBits.io & OpenLedger.info
TIP FORMAT: #sharebits "ForumHandleInQuotes" Quanity Token_Name

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 06:46:50 AM »
Hoskinson seems like a good talker and someone who is adept at building early relationships. At a certain point in a project, he seems to get the boot. From what little I've seen, I think there may be reasons for this. But who the hell am I? I don't know him personally. I'm just thankful for some of the alliances he built for Bitshares and I wish him the best wherever he lands. 

Offline liondani

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 09:05:00 AM »
Who is next ?

https://bitshares.OPENLEDGER.info/?r=GREECE  | You are in Control | BUY | SELL | SHORT | SWAP | LOAN | TRADE |  

Offline liondani

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 09:17:45 AM »
Except it was a great I3 masterplan to sent him to the competition to spy them and mess their project* and then let him come back to make the grand TITAN debut  :P

* seems the plan was succesfull (maybe we have not bitsharesX live yet but a least the fundraising is about to end when they didn't start it at all... if I remember well they promised to start the ether sale ... midle of May... it seems now, they are much slower than we are, could it be the reason Charlses is moving again? Could it be the case  he thinks that ether was a big bubble and it was his biggest mistake to leave bitshares at the first place...?
  https://bitshares.OPENLEDGER.info/?r=GREECE  | You are in Control | BUY | SELL | SHORT | SWAP | LOAN | TRADE |  

Offline gamey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 09:39:39 AM »
Except it was a great I3 masterplan to sent him to the competition to spy them and mess their project* and then let him come back to make the grand TITAN debut  :P

* seems the plan was succesfull (maybe we have not bitsharesX live yet but a least the fundraising is about to end when they didn't start it at all... if I remember well they promised to start the ether sale ... midle of May... it seems now, they are much slower than we are, could it be the reason Charlses is moving again? Could it be the case  he thinks that ether was a big bubble and it was his biggest mistake to leave bitshares at the first place...?

My theory is he ran out of ether and his contract halted.  :o

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline liondani

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2014, 12:49:22 PM »
My theory is he ran out of ether and his contract halted.  :o

I didn't know ether's are in existence...

Offline Xeldal

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2014, 03:51:47 PM »
Charles Hoskinson on Beyond Bitcoin talking about why he left Bitshares and Ethereum..

link?

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BTS: werneo
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2014, 07:42:56 PM »
I still don't really understand why Charles Hoskinson left I3 in the first place. Possibly it has something to do with Daniel's propensity to make on-the-fly changes to the business plan. That kind of quick adaptivity might have been hard for Charles to swallow.

Here is Daniel Larimer expressing high confidence in Hoskinson:
at about 56 minutes:
http://beyondbitcoin.libsyn.com/hangout-051014-dan-larimer

... DL says Charles Hoskinson's work ethic and his ability to communicate a vision was unparalleled.

But we still don't know why I3 lost confidence in him.

That's too bad, because I honestly think that if there is anyone in the crypto world that could compare to Steve Jobs, it's Charles Hoskinson. Articulate, visionary, passionate. I guess the only thing he lacks is the ability to play well with others.

Offline jae208

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2014, 08:49:12 PM »
I still don't really understand why Charles Hoskinson left I3 in the first place. Possibly it has something to do with Daniel's propensity to make on-the-fly changes to the business plan. That kind of quick adaptivity might have been hard for Charles to swallow.

Here is Daniel Larimer expressing high confidence in Hoskinson:
at about 56 minutes:
http://beyondbitcoin.libsyn.com/hangout-051014-dan-larimer

... DL says Charles Hoskinson's work ethic and his ability to communicate a vision was unparalleled.

But we still don't know why I3 lost confidence in him.

That's too bad, because I honestly think that if there is anyone in the crypto world that could compare to Steve Jobs, it's Charles Hoskinson. Articulate, visionary, passionate. I guess the only thing he lacks is the ability to play well with others.

True
Steve Jobs wasn't the one with the technical skills when he founded Apple that was Steve Wozniak.

We are all human and we still judge whether a leader or CEO is competent based on old evolutionary characteristics that made hunters successful. Such as people skills, looks, testosterone, confidence portrayed.

What I'm saying is that Vitalik is a very smart guy but he doesn't really look like a 'competent' leader, people person, speaker.

http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BTS: werneo
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2014, 06:17:09 AM »
True
Steve Jobs wasn't the one with the technical skills when he founded Apple that was Steve Wozniak.

We are all human and we still judge whether a leader or CEO is competent based on old evolutionary characteristics that made hunters successful. Such as people skills, looks, testosterone, confidence portrayed.

What I'm saying is that Vitalik is a very smart guy but he doesn't really look like a 'competent' leader, people person, speaker.

people skills + looks + testosterone + confidence = charisma

If Steve Jobs was the performing alpha, Steve Wozniak was the unsung beta always in the shadow. But both are credited with the creation of Apple Computer. Essentially, Wozniak was the engineer and Jobs was the marketing guy. Apple would not exist if it did not have both parents.

Vitalik and Daniel and so many other crypto developers are like shades of Steve Wozniak. It's like a room full of Lennon's -- but no McCartney in sight.

I'm just wondering if Charles Hoskinson is Paul McCartney in this analogy. Followed by the haunting realization that something written by Lennon and McCartney together is usually better than anything written by either Lennon or McCartney solo.

BTW - in some cases it's actually better if the alphas just disappear: 
see Dr Robert Sapolsky and the Keekorok Baboon Troop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q-bB-qywJ0

Google+