We will be launching a new Dry Run 3 chain and it will have the following changes:
1) all active delegates that produced 0 blocks will be removed
2) everyone that registered as a delegate will take their place prioritized by vote.
3) we have fixed the wallet_withdraw_delegate_pay operation which would introduce a hard fork
4) we will increase the block interval to 30 seconds
5) we will be updating the on-the-wire protocol to communicate extra information such as:
a) latency between nodes
b) additional information about node connectivity.
c) persistent node IDs derived from a public key
With these network updates we should be able to map out the full network of connected nodes (nothing the NSA cannot do anyway). Using this information delegates can optimize their network connections and users can verify geographic diversity.
The new test net will launch once we finalize the on-the-wire protocol updates so probably tonight or tomorrow.
A new GUI wallet is also close to release.