Author Topic: A thank you to I3 team and the Bitshares community  (Read 4464 times)

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile

Another plusses thread! I enjoy the deeply thoughtful and informative discussion they provide.

I want to thank everybody who replied to the OP and give my +1 to them!

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline wackou

Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
If I had to choose between BitShares and Justin Bieber, I would choose BitShares.
+5%

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
 +5%
Before humans landed on the moon we knew it was technically possible. The team behind the Apollo 11 mission, however, didn't know that they would succeed until it actually happened. It was such an achievement that there are still people who don't believe that we pulled it off! A result of the moon landing was worldwide inspiration based around human endeavor, scientific accomplishment, and profound existential wonder.

What the BitShares team are working toward, although in a completely different arena, is every bit as ambitious. It is feasible that the future rewards in terms of philanthropic benefit will be a giant leap forward for mankind.

I wholeheartedly agree with the OP - everyone who's made a positive contribution may well have shaped the future into a better destination for all.

If I had to choose between BitShares and Justin Bieber, I would choose BitShares.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Harvey

• View Profile
BTS       Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2015 API:wss://128.199.143.47:2016 
MUSE   Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2017 API:ws://128.199.143.47:2018

Offline fuzzy

I would like to take a moment to say a huge thank you to the I3 team and the Bitshares community. We are quick to complain when things dont go exactly our way but we are all sticking around and there are a few good reasons for that.

Thank you for innovation after innovation. In a space that is only a few years old and where many programmers I know have no idea what Bitcoin is, *surprising actually, here we have a team of people who fully understand the blockchain innovation and its potential.

It is also fantastic that early adopters are able to invest and become stakeholders in the new technology. Every time I come across some extra money that I want to invest I cannot find a better company to invest in, and I would sent a bit of cash to angel shares.

I love the openness I3 uses when communicating with the Bitshares stakeholders. I3 has completely turned the concept of company hierarchy and patents and proprietary knowledge and copyright on its head! They have shown the power of a community and the power of working together on open source work. The strange part is that they have worked out how to make all of this sustainable and profitable. Revolutionary!

Thank you for the time and communication you have given to each member of the community. When I just started taking an interest in I3, I would keep bothering Stan with emails asking what now seams like very rookie questions. I also sent PMs and emails to Daniel. Each and every time I would get a personal response, and for people who I know are so busy that meant a lot to me. I have also worked with Brian on some tasks and he too was accessible and cool to talk to.

I have spent many evenings sitting at the fireplace deep in thought about innovation and the constantly changing world. I have always wanted to be a part of a great movement and on the forefront of world change and innovation. Being a part of the Bitshares community gives me that chance.

The services that BitsharesX will be able to provide the world will come with an immense amount of public good. It will provide stable banking services to the very poor, it will allow for increased access for all to markets, it will free people in countries with strict currency regulation to name a few benefits that stand out to me.

Thank you for pushing this industry forward at an accelerating pace and for all the time and energy you have sacrificed for the community.
I am sure the above speaks to the thoughts of many members of this community and not just my own.

That is what is so amazing about this community...so many good people working on solving problems just because they want to help.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
 +5% .. Together we could make this world a bit.... better ;)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 06:00:52 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
 +5%

Every time I come across some extra money that I want to invest I cannot find a better company to invest in, and I would sent a bit of cash to angel shares.

+5%