OFFICIAL DOWNLOAD LINKSREMINDER: This software is still in BETA and is for testing purposes only
Mac OS X: http://bitshares.org/BitSharesXT-0.1.2.dmg
One of the first and most important customer-facing aspects of the BitShares ecosystem is starting to look pretty good - the wallet!
...but it is not quite finished yet. Here's where we can help: as you might know an intuitive user experience is (just one of many) critical aspects of attracting users to a brand, so lets talk ui/ux design, bug fixes, planned updates, security, etc
QUICK NOTE: If you want to report an issue, please be sure to include a [Win] or [Mac] tag, thanks!The Good
- It looks great, very aesthetically pleasing and far superior to any dime-a-dozen QT wallet
- Well supported, frequent client improvements and bug fixes
- Quick and responsive to inputsSuggestions
- Add a back button that takes the user to the previous page (similar to a web browser back button)
- Add informational ecosystem links to the Help section - there's a lot to learn about BitShares and it can get overwhelming, directing people to the new wiki may help guide some lost souls
- Add 'first time user' screens which guide and prompt new users to register a BitShares account/address immediately
- Hide the Console from 'regular' users
- An option to scroll through the earlier console commands used with up/down arrow keys
- Password recovery?
- Improve delegate payout notification/visibility
- [Block Explorer] Add ability to "watch" addresses balances.
- [Command Line] If a command line produces an error, instead of showing "Command aborted." Just run help <command> and show how it should be used.
- A button that copies the Account Key to clipboard
- Ability to control private keys through GUI rather than navigating through hidden folders on the OS
- Temp/trial accounts for new users to test waters (perhaps give a very small bit of XTS upon wallet registration for the first couple of weeks to promote conversion)
- New KPIs on the Overview tab that are more user-friendly
- Option to sort delegates by reliability
- Better description for password creation requirements
- Make it so that users have to save changes to their "Approve" selections. The idea is that it will protect from accidental changes which would be both undesirable and a PITA. The downside is that some may find that having to remember to save changes is a PITA
- Add the ability to "Deselect All" for the "Approve" selections. The idea is that the list is very long and a user may want to start from scratch with their selections.Bugs/Issues
- Need more descriptive and user friendly error messages
- [Win] Typo: When unlocking a wallet, the client says "Scanning transaltions", it should say "Scanning transactions"
- [Win] Toggle vote up does not appear to function properly
- [Win] The tooltip that is supposed to display when you hover over "Blocks are synced" in the bottom right corner is a bit finicky and requires too much finesse to trigger
- [Win] Right clicking on images (eg the BitShares logo) brings up an incorrect context menu related to the images temselves
- [Win] Names do not appear in the Unregistered tab of the Directory
- [Win] Selected favorites do not appear in the Unregistered tab of the Directory
- [Win] Unable to load multibit wallet
- [Win] Application does not close correctly and needs to be shut down through task manager
- [Win] The "Daily Income", "Daily Expenses", and "Daily Burn" panels have values of "inf" and "Nan" on first load, until you get synced maybe
- [Mac] Client force closes at random
- [Mac] Errors when closing application
- Wallet Account Transaction Ledger displays ERROR for market transactions, that is a display bug.
- The volume metric on the price history is hardcoded to 1... coming soon
- Wallet Account Transaction Ledger does not currently display an entry showing your collateral returned to your account after covering a short position. (A display issue)